Preparing Your Home For Fall
The Autumn months usher in a warm atmosphere, and embracing this ambience in your home can make it extra cozy. Autumn decor embraces the rich and earthy tones that are found during this time of the year such as deep shades of orange, brown, mustard yellow and red.Katya RyderOct 16, 20231064 Shares36704 Views
The Autumn months usher in a warm atmosphere, and embracing this ambience in your home can make it extra cozy. Autumn decor embraces the rich and earthy tones that are found during this time of the year such as deep shades of orange, brown, mustard yellow and red. There are lots of things to consider when redecorating, for instance, if you have a pet it is worth designing your home with your pet in mind. Similarly, budget, scope of work and other factors such as time constraints will play a part too. Constraints aside, this time of year is great for any home project that makes your house or apartment extra cozy and inviting. Below are some top tips for achieving that, without breaking the bank. Fall is an inspiring season and is a great time of year to think of new ideas to decorate your home. Autumn style looks great all year round. There are lots of fall decor tipsavailable online that can get you started. It is worth making a moodboard and collecting images and ideas that inspire you. Just remember to keep it simpleand, if you are on a tight budget, undertake DIY tasks or make repairs yourself where possible. Having a great set of tools and products to hand can make projects quick and easy to tackle. Some of the easiest ways to celebrate the fall season in your home include:
- Adding elements such as dried leaves, dried flowers, pumpkins, fir cones and conkers can be tastefully scattered throughout your living spaces, bringing a sense of the outdoors indoors
- Exploring textiles as these are ideal for adding warmth. Choose sheepskin rugs, soft wool blankets and thick carpets, which will keep floors warmer underfoot. Faux fur and plush cushion covers will also add warmth and softness
- Candles and soft, warm lighting will create a cozy and intimate environment
- If you have an open fire, burn logs for a beautiful rustic vibe
- If you don't have a fireplace, pillar candles used in a table centrepiece can achieve a similar effect and increase the cosiness inside. Adding autumnal elements like dried leaves and conkers too
- Stock up on warming beverages such as hot chocolate and herbal tea. These make perfect fireside treats in the fall and winter
- Wall hangings and framed pictures are a great and affordable way to personalise your space. Pick up a range of picture frames and take a look online for some beautiful and inspiring fall prints to put up
- Natural materials such as wood and stone are popular options for home decor in the fall. They evoke the rustic charm of this season
- Celebrate Halloween by adding spooky decorations
- Wreaths are not just for Christmas. Hang an autumnal wreath on your front door to truly invite the season in
The fall and winter months are notorious for being the time of year that everyone catches a cold, flu or sore throat. Home hacks can help you deal with these months and stay that bit healthier throughout flu season. Stock up on natural remedies such as ginger, lemon, honey and throat lozenges. If you live in an area that gets especially cold at this time of year, consider the benefits of having a sauna in your home. It is quite an investment but the health benefits are plentiful. An SAD lamp is also worth investigating as it will bring lots of brightness into your home on those dark fall evenings. As cosy as they are, it is important to get a good amount of brightness each day. This has an impact on mood and your circadian rhythm. Stay healthy by also eating plenty of root vegetables like pumpkin, squash, sweet potato and beetroot, which can all be used in a range of delicious fall recipes.
Aside from being a cosy and beautiful time of year, fall also has that 'back to school' feeling. Use this time to get organised, maybe do a small declutter in your house or apartment. Choose one area to reorganise, or select one room to redecorate if it needs a facelift. Fall is also a great time to plan the year ahead, think of new projects you'd like to start, and take stock of the year that has passed.