Latest In

News

Marvel, Disney Drop Jonathan Majors After Found Guilty Of Assault

The Associated Press says that Marvel, Disney drop Jonathan Majors soon after he was found guilty of assaulting and harassing his girlfriend at the time, Grace Jabbari.

Tyrese Griffin
Dec 20, 20231894 Shares29597 Views
The Associated Presssays thatMarvel, Disney drop Jonathan Majorssoon after he was found guilty of assaulting and harassing his girlfriend at the time, Grace Jabbari.
Majors, 34, was found guilty by a jury in Manhattan of one misdemeanor assault charge and one harassment violation related to his fight with Grace Jabbari, who was his lover at the time. She said that he attacked her in a car and caused her "excruciating" pain. His lawyers said that Jabbari was the one who struck her.

Marvel, Disney Drop Jonathan Majors

Jonathan Majors wearing a gray suit
Jonathan Majors wearing a gray suit
Jonathan Majorswas found guilty of assaulting his ex-girlfriend on Monday after a trial that he had thought would clear him and make him a Hollywood star again. It made things worse: Marvel Studios and the Walt Disney Co. fired him hours after the decision.
A famous Hollywood star, Majors, who was supposed to be in several Marvel movies has had a shocking fall from grace. After the conviction, Marvel and Disney quickly dropped the "Creed III" star from all upcoming projects. The source spoke on the condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to talk about the matter in public.
Before he was arrested, Majors was on track to play the bad guy Kang and become a major character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Majors had already been in "First Season of Loki" and "Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantum Mania." He was going to be in "Avengers: The Kang Dynasty," which was set to come out in May 2026.
Majors had been one of Hollywood's rising stars, with roles in movies like "The Last Black Man in San Francisco," "Devotion," and "Da 5 Bloods." The graduate of Yale School of Drama also played an unhappy amateur bodybuilder in "Magazine Dreams," which had a successful premiere at the Sundance Film Festival in January and was set to hit theaters this month. Before Majors' trial, Searchlight Pictures, which is owned by Disney, took "Magazine Dreams" off its list of movies that would be coming out.
It had already been pushed back for Avengers: The Kang Dynasty, in which he was supposed to play the lead part. He was going to play the part again in the follow-up movie, Avengers: Secret Wars. It's not clear if Marvel Studios plans to get someone else to play his part or write him out of the movies.
On March 25, the star was arrested on charges of assault and harassment after Jabbari said Majors hit her in the backseat of a private car when she took his phone to read a text message from another woman. Jabbari said Majors took his phone from her without her permission, hurting her right middle finger in an "excruciating" way. She also said that when she got out of the car, Majors hit her on the back of the head and then tried to force her back in, cutting her behind the right ear.
Majors was found guilty of two counts of intentional attack in the third degree and aggravated harassment in the second degree by a jury last Thursday, the end of his two-week trial. Majors is going to get his sentence in February.

Final Words

After being found guilty of beating his then-girlfriend, Jonathan Majors, an actor who was nominated for an Emmy, was fired from both Marvel Studios and Disney. Majors, who is best known for his role as Kang in the Marvel movies, was found guilty of assaulting British dancer Grace Jabbari in March.
Majors could go to jail for a year, and he has been dropped from lead parts in upcoming Marvel movies. The decision from the six-person jury was made public on Monday after they had been deliberating for three days. After the ruling, a Marvel spokesperson said that the company will not work with Majors on any more projects.
Jump to
Latest Articles
Popular Articles