✔ Malcolm Washington 2021: Wiki, Movies, Height, Basketball, Football, Age, Instagram, IMDb & Denzel son
Malcolm Washington comes from the Washington family of Hollywood celebrities such as Oscar winning actor Denzel Washington, Pauletta Washington and siblings John David Washington, Katia Washington, and Olivia Washington.
Malcolm Washington is one of the four children of Denzel Washington, the Academy Award receiving actor, producer, and director.
Although he is popularly known as the son of a celebrated veteran actor, Malcolm Washington is working hard to make a name for himself behind the scenes like many of his siblings. Did you know? He was a top-rated basketball player during his college days in the University of Pennsylvania. He played point guard for his team.
COPYRIGHT_WI: Published on https://washingtonindependent.com/malcolm-washington/ by Amandeep Coleman on 2021-05-13T00:00:00.000Z
Malcolm Washington was born on April 10, 1991, Los Angeles, U.S.A along with his twin sister. He belongs to African American ethnicity and holds an American nationality.
Talking about his childhood, he grew up as a celebrity child, as both of his father and mother, Oscar winning Denzel Washington and Pauletta Washington are prominent Hollywood celebrities who began their careers around the 1980s.
Malcolm attended a private school in Los Angeles. Then, he moved to the University of Pennsylvania to continue his further studies. During his college days, he was very active in sports, especially basketball but the apple doesn't fall far from the tree as he did graduate from the University of Pennsylvania with a degree in film studies.
Malcolm Washington played basketball at the University of Pennsylvania, according to ESPN, but like the rest of his family, he also got involved with entertainment. According to USA Today, he graduated in 2013 with a degree in film studies, and he later graduated from AFI Conservatory, a graduate film school. The son of Denzel Washington and Pauletta Washington is also the twin brother to Olivia Washington.
Games Played/Started: 19/1
Minutes: 76 (4.0 mpg)
Points: 11 (0.6 ppg)
Rebounds: 5 (0.3 rpg)
FG Pct.: .154 (2-13)
3FG Pct.: .000 (0-4)
FT Pct.: .583 (7-12)
Blocked Shots: 0
Malcolm Washington played the point guard position.
Pauletta Washington gave birth to twins, a daughter Olivia Rashelle Washington and a son Malcolm Washington on April 10, 1991 when she was 39 years of age.
Malcolm has three siblings: two sisters and a brother. Both of his sisters, Olivia Washington, and Katia Washington are pursuing a career in Hollywood. Olivia Washington is working as an actress in the movies The Butler (2013), Mr. Robot (2015) and The Comedian (2016).
Whereas, Katia Washington started behind the scenes as an editorial production assistant and has worked as an associated producer, directorial assistant in the movies Django Unchained (2012), Fences (2016), The Birth of a Nation (2016). Her work has awarded herself an oscar.
And his brother, John Dave Washington is also in Hollywood as a footballer turned actor and producer. Some of his movies are Malcolm X (1992), The Book of Eli (2010), Coco (2016), andMonster (2017).
Like his father, Malcolm is also into directing movies. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree as he too is a very charming, versatile personality.
Malcolm has contributed a lot in the Hollywood industry with his writing, directing, producing talent. He came to the limelight after producing a short movie The Dispute in 2019.
Talking about Malcolm's age, he is 29 years old, as of 2020. Moreover, he stands at a height of 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighs about 75 kg.
Malcolm Washington could have had a promising career in basketball. However, he decided not to continue a career in that field. After he was done completing graduation in 2013 from college, he started to pursue a career in filmmaking as he was active in directing in a couple of films. This is how his film career began:
- He was more interested in acting: Malcolm Washington grew up surrounded by veteran actors and theatre personalities who had already made a name for themselves in Hollywood. It was only natural that Malcolm would, at one point, turn to make his debut in the entertainment industry. He even graduated with a degree in film studies from the University of Pennsylvania in 2013 to learn more about filmmaking academically. Before venturing into a career in arts and entertainment, Malcolm was also a gifted athlete who played basketball for his school and college. However, he decided that his true passion lay in films upon graduation and gave up sports. His decision was wholeheartedly supported by his family.
- His earliest job in films came in 2014, when he was involved as the production assistant for the Jon Favreau adventure comedy 'Chef'. The movie was a box-office hit. He wasn't seen around for a couple of years after this.
- Interest in directing: Malcolm Washington directed a short movie where he worked as the second unit director for the movie "Trouble Man."
- He landed his next stint on the big screen when he was asked to join as a second assistant director in the Jackson Young short film 'Trouble Man'. Spanning thirty minutes, this short focused on the life of a high-school senior trying to get into college. It was received well by the critics and continues to be highly rated.
- The next year proved to be more successful for Malcolm as he was lauded for being the director, producer, assistant director, and writer. He began by working as an assistant to Spike Lee for the TV series 'She's Gotta Have It' and continued working in the same position for eight episodes. The comedy was well-received by the audience and continues to be viewed widely today. Next, he was asked to join as an assistant director for the Marc Pannia short film 'The Last Bookstore.' Later in the year, he turned producer with the comedy drama 'Summer of 17'.
- His crowning moment subsequently arrived when Malcolm decided to write and direct a short film. His drama short was titled 'Benny Got Shot' and was released in November 2017. The movie starred Iantha Richardson, Tammi Mac, and Jay Reeves and narrated the horrors experienced by a young autopsy assistant. His short film was received well by many and gave him a lot of recognition. The Atlanta Film Festival awarded Washington their Filmmaker-to-Watch Award in 2017 and highlighted that he had a bright future in films and filmmaking. The film was also screened at the Palm Springs Shortfilms during the 2017 edition and was later selected to be screened at the Los Angeles Short Film Showcase.
- Riding high on the success of his first short, Malcolm worked on the TV series 'I, Too, Dream America' which is a television series, as the director. This was in 2018.
- He recently produced the short 'The Dispute' in 2019 and has several projects in the pipeline.
Given his success in such a short span of time, it's clear that Malcolm Washington has a bright future in the industry.