It's that time of year again: the winners of the CMA Awards 2023are here! It was a night of stars and songs at the 57th Country Songs Association Awards. The event took place at Nashville's Bridgestone Arena, and for the second year in a row, Luke Bryan and Peyton Manning were the hosts.
Lainey Wilson wearing a black outfit and hat while holding CMA trophies
The CMAs, or Country Music Awards, for 2023 were held at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee, on Wednesday night. Luke Bryan and Peyton Manning were the hosts.
This year, nine nominations put Lainey Wilson ahead of the rest of the artists. She is the only artist in history to lead awards in both of her first two shows. The winner of the "New Artist of the Year" award last year is also in the running for "Entertainer of the Year."
Wilson is followed in nominations by Jelly Roll, who is running for the first time and has five votes. Luke Combs and HARDY are next, with four votes each. People like Ashley McBryde, Chris Stapleton, Jordan Davis, and Morgan Wallen have been nominated three times. So have musician and producer Derek Wells, producer and mix engineer Joey Moi, and singer and producer Jordan Schmidt.
There are 29 first-time nominees for the CMA Awards this year. They include John Osborne of Brothers Osborne (with his first single nod), Hailey Whitters, Zach Bryan, and more. Tracy Chapman is also nominated for the first time. She wrote the hit song "Fast Car" in 1988 which Combs reworked and got a lot of attention for. Combs was nominated for Song of the Year because she was the only person who wrote the song. The song won her a nomination for single of the year.
Post Malone and Morgan Wallen sang "Pickup Man" together as a surprise duet during a tribute to country music great Joe Diffie. Judd also worked with Jelly Roll, who was named New Artist of the Year in 2014.
This year's show will also have performances by Kenny Chesney, Combs, Dan + Shay, Davis, HARDY, Alan Jackson, Cody Johnson, Mac McAnally, McBryde, The War And Treaty, and Zac Brown Band that will blow people away.
Bryan, Wilson, Jelly Roll, K. Michell, Little Big Town, Megan Moroney, Old Dominion, Carly Pearce, Stapleton, and Tanya Tucker are some of the best and greatest country music performers. The 57th CMA Awards will be live from Nashville's Bridgestone Arena on Nov. 8 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC. The next day, you can only watch them on Hulu.
The website for the Country Music Association says that the winners of the CMA Awards are chosen by more than 6,000 people who work in the music business. Here is the full list of everyone who won a CMA Award.
- Luke Combs
- Chris Stapleton
- Carrie Underwood
- Morgan Wallen
- Lainey Wilson *WINNER
- “Fast Car” – Luke Combs *WINNER
- “Heart Like A Truck” – Lainey Wilson
- “Need A Favor” – Jelly Roll
- “Next Thing You Know” – Jordan Davis
- “wait in the truck” – HARDY (feat. Lainey Wilson)
- Ashley McBryde Presents: Lindeville – Ashley McBryde
- Bell Bottom Country – Lainey Wilson *WINNER
- Gettin’ Old – Luke Combs
- One Thing At A Time – Morgan Wallen
- Rolling Up the Welcome Mat – Kelsea Ballerini
- “Fast Car” – Songwriter: Tracy Chapman*WINNER
- “Heart Like A Truck” – Songwriters: Trannie Anderson, Dallas Wilson, Lainey Wilson
- “Next Thing You Know” – Songwriters: Jordan Davis, Greylan James, Chase McGill, Josh Osborne
- “Tennessee Orange” – Songwriters: David Fanning, Paul Jenkins, Megan Moroney, Ben Williams
- “wait in the truck” – Songwriters: Renee Blair, Michael Hardy, Hunter Phelps, Jordan Schmidt
- Kelsea Ballerini
- Miranda Lambert
- Ashley McBryde
- Carly Pearce
- Lainey Wilson *WINNER
- Luke Combs
- Jelly Roll
- Cody Johnson
- Chris Stapleton *WINNER
- Morgan Wallen
- Lady A
- Little Big Town
- Old Dominion *WINNER
- Zac Brown Band
- Brooks & Dunn
- Brothers Osborne *WINNER
- Dan + Shay
- Maddie & Tae
- The War And Treaty
- “Save Me” – Jelly Roll (with Lainey Wilson)
- “She Had Me At Heads Carolina (Remix)” – Cole Swindell & Jo Dee Messina
- “Thank God” – Kane Brown (with Katelyn Brown)
- “wait in the truck” – HARDY (feat. Lainey Wilson) *WINNER
- “We Don’t Fight Anymore” – Carly Pearce (featuring Chris Stapleton)
- Jenee Fleenor *WINNER
- Paul Franklin
- Rob McNelley
- Derek Wells
- Charlie Worsham
- “Light On In The Kitchen” – Ashley McBryde Director: Reid Long
- “Memory Lane” – Old Dominion Directors: Mason Allen, Nicki Fletcher
- “Need A Favor” – Jelly Roll Director: Patrick Tohill
- “Next Thing You Know” – Jordan Davis Director: Running Bear
- “wait in the truck” – HARDY (feat. Lainey Wilson) Director: Justin Clough *WINNER
- Zach Bryan
- Jelly Roll *WINNER
- Parker McCollum
- Megan Moroney
- Hailey Whitters
At tonight's event at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, the 57th Annual Country Music Association Awards gave prizes to the best country music artists. Luke Bryan and Peyton Manning hosted the show together again after working together last year. Lainey Wilson, Jelly Roll, Luke Combs, Chris Stapleton, and Morgan Wallen were all nominated for more than one award.
Dan + Shay, Post Malone, Kelsea Ballerini, Kenny Chesney, the Zac Brown Band, and many other famous acts also performed that night. This year, amazing artists won the prestigious CMA Awards