Obama’s Remarkably Ideal Schedule Today « The Washington Independent
Sen. Barack Obama has planned what looks like almost the Platonic campaign schedule today. This seems what a campaign would create from scratch if it had unlimited resources and a remarkably united constituency.
Consider some highlights:
- Obama appears with former President Bill Clinton in the Bush state of Florida.
- Obama visits the Bush state of North Carolina, once a “safe” state for the GOP, to rally early voter turnout.
- Obama addresses the country in an unfiltered address on several TV networks.- Obama appears on “The Daily Show” to connect with his base of young voters.
- Obama’s campaign makes a new ad buy to hammer Sen. John McCain’s own economic statements in key states.
- Obama closes the gap in his rival’s home state of Arizona.
Strategists get nervous when a campaign starts to feel too easy.
This seems like one of those times.