Reiki Hand Positions - the Fundamentals
The word Reiki is made from 2 Japanese words - Rei, which indicates "God's Wisdom or the Higher Power" and Ki which is "vital force energy." So Reiki is actually "spiritually directed vital force energy."
Reiki is a Japanese method for tension reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by "laying on hands" and is based upon the concept that an unseen "life force energy" streams through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one's "vital force energy" is low, then we are more likely to get ill or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more efficient in being delighted and healthy.
There are standard and fundamental hand positions taught in Reiki certification courses used to promote energy balance and assist in recovery to different areas of the body. Some of the hand positions might be left out and/or might occur in a different order during a session. Variations on these positions might also be done, depending upon your specific requirements.
COPYRIGHT_WI: Published on https://washingtonindependent.com/w/reiki-hand-positions/ by Rian Mcconnell on 2021-02-04T18:14:44.066Z
If you're on your very first treatment, these are the positions you can expect to be used. These are the most commonly used in treatment sessions. Each position is implied to stabilize the energies around the area and get rid of stuck energies there so that you can start to relax, lower your tension and allow space for your body to rest and heal. The goal is so you can operate more optimally - be better.
Don't hesitate to inform your professional if you need particular attention put on one area. Sometimes, your specialist will sense locations within the hand positions that need more focus. You may not have even known you needed it.
Throughout a Reiki session, a client rests comfortably on a massage table or is, in some cases, seated on a chair. There is no muscle control during the massage or bodywork. And, unlike massage treatment, you are constantly completely outfitted throughout a Reiki session. The session is generally carried out in silence with minimal talking unless naturally, you wish to communicate something with your specialist. It is very important that you do so quickly as you go along.
Your Reiki professional might play peaceful, calming background music or nature sounds. If you are uneasy or not so comfortable, for example, if the music is distracting or if you choose to skip a particular Reiki hand position, just let your specialist know beforehand or during your session.
Reiki is carried out with either really gentle, fixed pressure on the usual hand position areas or with their hands hanging over a couple of inches above your body. Reiki is effective either way, so if you feel uncomfortable being touched directly and prefer the hovering technique, just say so.
Private or sensitive parts are restricted during a Reiki session. Even if you have health issues in these parts, it is against a Reiki Specialist Professional's Code of Ethics to physically touch these sensitive areas. Your Reiki Practitioner ensures that you get the most comfortable and relaxing experience possible while you enjoy this ageless approach of Japanese energy-work for stress reduction, health, and relaxation.
Hands are placed over the recipient's face. Put your palms gently on the forehead, cupping your fingers gently over the eyes. Make sure not to constrict the recipient's breathing. Keep the nostrils' air passages open.
With your inner wrists touching, wrap your hands around the recipient's head, enabling your fingertips to touch the ears.
Tuck your hands gently under the recipient's head. Your hands will form a comfortable cradle for her head. Allow the back of your hands to rest and relax upon the table (or pillow).
Surround the recipient's jawline with your hands. Allowing your fingertips to touch beneath the chin, rest the heels of your hands near or gently over her ears.
Wrap your right-hand man ever-so-lightly upon the recipient's neck. Or, if the recipient is uncomfortable, let your hand hover just a little above the neck. Stretch your left arm downwards and position your hand over the heart center.
Position your hands on the upper rib cage directly listed below the breasts. Always remember that it is not appropriate to touch private areas when treating others.
Position your hands on the tummy (solar plexus location) above the recipient's navel.
Put one hand over each pelvic bone
Help the recipient change positions from lying on her back to lying on her stomach. Place your hands on the shoulder blades. This is the area where emotional issues are normally stored, so you may need to keep your palms in this position longer than a few of the other hand positionings to help dislodge stuck energies.
Position your hands in the middle back area.
Continuing down the back of the body, now place your hands on the recipient's lower back.
Final position: After completing the session, the professional "combs" the recipient's aura with his/her hands to eliminate any energetic residues that have actually lifted from the physical body during the treatment.
It is beneficial to ask that any negative or stagnant energies be changed into favorable energies and go back to deep space.
Though you might not be able to see an individual's aura at first, you can almost certainly notice it. You can associate either the repulsive or magnetic sensation you get when you first meet a person with his or her aura. With time, nevertheless, you can learn to clearly perceive auras, which can help you much better understand not only yourself but also the people around you.
Scanning the aura is an important part of energy work. The following methods can be used to scan the aura:
Some individuals are extremely visual. They can take one take a look at somebody and get details about the health of his/her aura. They may likewise see colors and shapes that represent the circulation of energy in the aura. There are yet others who are able to see disturbances in the flow of energy in their third eye.
Some people are more kinaesthetic. They may not really see energetic blocks with their eyes, but they can notice disturbances in the circulation of energy in the aura. They may feel these disturbances as feelings of heat, cold, tingling, and so on.
It is also possible to use a mix of kinaesthetic and visual techniques.
There is no right or wrong way to scan the aura. You can do whatever works best for you. The only prerequisite is that you practice Reiki consistently. Routine Reiki practice develops our level of sensitivity to energy. This, in turn, makes scanning the aura a really easy job.
We lose our level of sensitivity to energy, and this makes scanning the aura a lot tougher when we do not practice routinely.
It is possible to scan the aura of people who remain in the distance to us and also of individuals who are at a range. The strategies are explained and listed below.
- Ask the person to lie down comfortably.
- Have them take a few deep breaths and relax. It is a good idea to have relaxing music playing in the background.
- Stand near the head of the recipient.
- Connect with Reiki, your Reiki Guides, Spiritual Guides, and Angels and demand them to assist you throughout this procedure.
- Beginning with the top of the head, gradually move your palm (or palms) over the person's right side.
- In your first few efforts, make sure you spend a minimum of a couple of seconds at every position in order to get a feel of the energy in different points of the aura. As you practice, you will be able to find deficiencies in the flow of energy in much shorter time periods.
- As you move your palm, make a mental note of all the points in the energy field where you notice a disturbance in the circulation of energy. You might also keep a notebook and pen with you and make notes right as you can.
- Repeat the same with the left side of the body. You might also scan the front and back sides of the body in a similar fashion.
- Whenever you notice a block, close your eyes and get impressions of the color, size, shape, and texture of the block. You may see the details of these blocks in your mind's eye, or you might just sense them. Trust the impressions you receive and do not try to evaluate them. As you receive these impressions, you might likewise get messages about what these blocks represent.Inevitably, the details you see the point at unsolved emotions, recurring psychological patterns, unhealthy behaviors, etc., that the person needs to recover. Take all the messages you receive down as they offer important assistance to the person receiving the healing. If you are not able to receive these messages in the beginning, it is completely great. Do not strain to receive messages. You will begin receiving them as you practice. You might also request your guides to help you receive these messages.
- Proceed to eliminate the blocks using whatever strategy resonates most with you.
- Finish with a full-body Reiki recovery. Pay specific attention to the areas from which the blocks were removed and flood them with Reiki.
If the individual to be treated is at a distance, it is still possible to scan the aura.
- On a piece of paper, sketch the figure of the body. This sketch would be your reference and represents the person who is being scanned.
- Connect with Reiki, your Reiki Guides, Spiritual Guides, and Angels and demand them to help you throughout this process.
- Visualize a guard of white light forming around you and covering you from head to toe. This is for your protection as you set about scanning the aura.
- Invoke the range healing sign Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen and connect with the person. Invoke Cho Ku Rei and strengthen the connection.
- As before, begin scanning from the top of the head. In this case, you will need to position the sketch as your recommendation and location your palm over the head that is drawn.
- Scan the right, left, front, and back sides of the body, respectively, all by moving your palm over the sketch.
- As when it comes to scanning personally, receive impressions of the blocks and likewise messages (if any). Make a note of these details.
- Finish with a complete body Reiki healing. Pay particular attention to the areas from which the blocks were eliminated and flood them with Reiki.
Discuss the information you got from the aura scan with the person. Lay specific emphasis on the messages you received from the blocks. Guarantee you discuss this clearly if they pointed at making life changes or recurring recovery patterns. This is vital because unless we heal recurring patterns in our lives, the same blocks tend to resurface eventually. Oftentimes, Reiki alone handles the healing of these blocks without a requirement for additional intervention. But in the case of issues that are deep-rooted, the individual might need to do other recovery work along with Reiki to achieve the desired healing.
It only takes one look at someone for them to perceive information about the health of his or her aura. They might not, in fact, see energetic blocks with their eyes, but they can sense disruptions in the circulation of energy in the aura. There is no right or incorrect method to scan the aura. - Whenever you pick up a block, close your eyes and get impressions of the color, size, shape, and texture of the block. Talk about the information you got from the aura scan with the individual.
Another thing to remember is that the far-off healing symbol is made from Japanese kanji characters: words from the Japanese language. This represents some of the different methods it is drawn. Many believe that when Mrs. Takata taught her original 22 masters, she changed the strokes as she drew them depending on the individual's specific vibration and what she was intuitively directed to do. Another factor for the variations in this sign is that she did not permit the first 22 to keep notes of the signs. They needed to memorize them. So perhaps with time, their "memory" of the symbols changed.
The strokes have a circulation to them and can be burglarized parts to help you memorize them.
The sign most practitioners use has 22 strokes. This is best for a visual person-- someone who discovers the best by "seeing" images. To explain it in a more understandable way, this is how to separate the parts to make it easier to picture and work with.
Break the remote healing sign up in this manner to discover its parts. Do strokes 1-5, 6-10 followed by 11 and 12, then 13-15, 16-18, then 19-22.
- Strokes 1 through 5 - appears like a cross on the roofing of a church.
- Strokes 6 through 10 - 6 make a foundation or flooring, and seven slides down to the left (like skiing).
- Strokes 8, 9, and 10 build a little home.
- Stroke 11 is within and is the manager or door opener.
- Stroke 12 is the floor of the house.
- Stroke 12 is the top of the F.
- Stroke 13, 14, and 15 are parallel to 13 (and smaller)Smaller sized.
- A mustache: Stroke 16 to the left and 17 to the right.
- Stroke 18 is the mouth below them.
- A large elegant 7.
- A smile and 21 & 22-- twinkling eyes of Reiki
If you still have difficulty drawing this sign, you might wish to consider dealing with its very essence-- the building of a bridge to connect the Reiki energy to the individual who is not physically present. What you can do when sending Reiki to individuals or to situations is to envision the symbol putting down and acting like a golden or rainbow-colored bridge that enables the Reiki to come in through you and take a trip across the sign (the bridge) to the other person, place, or scenario.
One essential point about sending out Reiki is that it cannot be used to alter people or their behaviors. That is their option and choice. What Reiki is sent for is the very best possible outcome. So what takes place is not up to us. The wisdom of Reiki understands what is best for the person and acts appropriately.
The far-off recovery symbol is essentially used to send out Reiki at a range. The far-off recovery sign can be utilized to send Reiki anywhere in the world!! When we send Reiki to the past, the goal is not to change it. People typically ask if they need the approval of the individual to send Reiki.
There are numerous methods to send out Reiki utilizing the distant healing symbol. Delight in the journey. Be innovative. Have fun. Keep in mind that Reiki is "... the secret art of welcoming joy ...".