Latest In

News

Prince Harry Drops A Bombshell - Prince William Relationship With UK Media

Prince Harry and a number of other A-list celebrities are fighting the British press in a phone-hacking case, but his lawyers, Prince Harry drops a bombshell that he wasn't the only royal family member who was targeted. The lawyers for the Duke of Sussex let slip that Prince William had a similar problem and got a deal for it.

Daisy-Mae Schmitt
Apr 27, 202319 Shares859 Views
Prince Harry and a number of other A-list celebrities are fighting the British press in a phone-hacking case, but his lawyers, Prince Harry drops a bombshellthat he wasn't the only royal family member who was targeted. The lawyers for the Duke of Sussex let slip that Prince William had a similar problem and got a deal for it.
Harry is fighting The Sun, which is said to have hired a private investigator to hack Harry's emails and find out private details about his dating life before he met Meghan Markle.

Prince Harry Drops A Bombshell About Prince William

Prince Harry says William settled hacking case with UK tabloid | ABC News

Prince Harry has brought Prince William into his fight against the British press by saying that the future king has 'quietly' paid a 'very large sum' to settle a phone hacking claim. The Duke of Sussex said that Prince William got the money because of a "secret agreement," and he said that the Queen was part of the deal.
It is said that he got the money 'behind the scenes' in 2020 from News Group Newspapers (NGN), which used to own The Sun and the now-defunct News of the World. In 2012, the Duke of Sussex said that he and his brother were told about a "secret agreement" that stopped them from making claims. But he got angry when it wasn't settled by the time he and Meghan Markle got married in 2018, an event to which "the main abusers" would be invited.
Let's just say that Prince Harry didn't make promises he couldn't keep. Prince Harry and a number of other A-list celebrities are fighting the British press in a phone-hacking case, but his lawyers just dropped the bombshell that he wasn't the only royal family member who was targeted. The lawyers for the Duke of Sussex let slip that Prince William had a similar problem and got a deal for it.
The Sun is reported to have employed a private investigator to hack Harry's emails and learn confidential details about his dating life before meeting Meghan Markle. According to court documents obtained by The Guardian, the Prince of Wales received a "very large sum of money" in 2020 as a result of his own phone-hacking case. Even bizarre is the supposed "secret agreement" between the palace and media magnate Rupert Murdoch, which should leave everyone who follows the palace wondering why the royal family is so obsessed with tabloids.
This week, Prince Harry's fight with the British press will continue. On Tuesday in London, a preliminary hearing will take place in his case against The Sun newspaper. Harry is asking for at least £200,000 in damages, saying that Britain's best-selling tabloid hacked into his voicemails and hired private agents to follow his relationships in the 2000s.
The Guardian, which is one of the few big UK newspapers that the Duke of Sussex hasn't sued yet (the other two are the Financial Times and the Daily Telegraph), says that News Group Newspapers wants the case to be thrown out of court because Harry waited too long to file the lawsuit. If the judge at the preliminary hearing finds that Harry does have a case, the full trial could start in January 2024.
Harry went to court earlier this month to make his case against the Daily Mail. The Daily Mail had already lost a case against the Duchess of Sussex over her right to privacy for a letter she wrote to her father. He is also in court with the Daily Mirror over claims that they hacked his phone.

Conclusion

Prince Harry is fighting the British newspaper in a phone hacking case with a number of A-list celebrities. However, his legal team just dropped a bombshell by saying that he wasn't the only member of the royal family to fall into the trap. On Tuesday, Prince Harry will try again to get the Sun's former editor, Rebekah Brooks, involved in the phone-hacking affair. This is part of his war against the British tabloid media.
Jump to
Latest Articles
Popular Articles