How Gmail Sign In As Different User Works?
Gmail is largely considered to be the best email program on the planet. Users could only sign in with one account when the email service first launched. It used to be impossible to sign in to Gmail with several user accounts while keeping the current account login intact. The only way to get around it was to sign out of your current Gmail account before creating a new one.
Gmail now supports multiple user accounts. This means you can login in with many accounts on the same device. This works in the app as well as on the browser. You may even switch between accounts while you are on the go.
The Gmail login different user functionality, on the other hand, does not modify your default account. Regardless of how many logins you make, the account you used to set up the device remains the same. Continue reading to learn how to connect to Gmail with a different account while keeping Gmail login open.
You can log in to numerous Google Accounts at once if you have more than one. You will be able to switch between accounts without having to sign out and back in.
Your accounts have their own settings, however your default account's preferences may apply in some instances.
How to Login to Gmail on a Mobile Phone with a Different Account
On a mobile phone, using an app is the easiest way to log in to Gmail with another account. Almost all Android smartphones come with the Gmail app pre-installed, while iPhone users may get it via the App Store.
- Start the program to log into Gmail as a different user.
- Choose 'Add another account' from the circular profile symbol in the top right corner.
- You may add accounts from Google, iCloud, Outlook, Yahoo, and other services.
- If you are using an Android phone, you will need to confirm that it is really you.
- Then, enter your email address and password.
- Press the 'Next' button.
You will now be logged in as a different user. To add another Gmail account, follow the same instructions.
How to Login to Gmail on a Mobile Phone with Desktop
On the desktop, you can use any browser to log into Gmail with another account. If you are still signed in from a prior session, you'll see your Gmail inbox right away. If not, sign in with your Google account by opening Gmail or any other Google service.
- Tap the profile button to add another account.
- Select 'Add another account' from the drop-down menu.
- After entering your email address or phone number, click 'Next' and add a password.
- You are now logged in after clicking 'Next.'
Follow the steps outlined above to switch between accounts on your PC. Furthermore, the site helps to keep track of several Gmail accounts by opening them in distinct tabs side by side.
When you cannot sign in to your Gmail accounts, follow these instructions.
Use a different browser If the problem persists, try using a different browser to access Gmail.
Gmail might be down When users can't log in to Google's webmail, it's possible that the Gmail service is down. To find out, go to the G Suite Status Dashboard page, as shown in the screenshot below.
If there is a Gmail service outage, it will be highlighted on that page. Wait for Google to fix the Gmail service if it is down.
Account Recovery using Forgot Email or Forgot Password Follow the steps below:
- In a browser, go to the Google Account Recovery page.
- Fill in the Gmail email address for the account that is not allowing you to sign in.
- If users can't remember their email, they can click Forgot email.
- Users can input a phone number associated with the email address or another email address (with alternate webmail) that was provided when the Gmail account was created.
- Fill in the facts about your name.
- To get a verification code at the alternate email address, click Send.
- Open the email with the verification code that was issued to you.
- Click the Next button after entering the verification code you received.
- By clicking the Forgot password link, users can reset their Google Account passwords.
Clear cache and browser data Follow the instructions below.
- In Chrome, press the Ctrl + Shift + Del shortcut to clear the browser data.
- On the Clear browsing data window, select the Advanced tab.
- From the Time range drop-down menu, choose All time.
- Select the checkboxes for Cached images and files and Cookies and other site data.
- To clear the data, press the Clear data button.
Having multiple Gmail accounts and switching in between them is a big help to become more efficient at work and even for personal use. I hope this article will help you learn how to sign in as a different user!