• News
    • Archive
  • Celebrities
  • Finance
  • Crypto
  • Entertainment
  • Travel
  • Health
  • Others

Natural treatment options for anxiety

44.8KShares
1MViews

Are you looking for a natural remedy for anxiety? Lucky for you, there are a lot of natural remedies. Often, they are safer and have fewer side effects than prescription medication. Here's a list of the most common, effective and gentle herbs that help.

Chamomile Flower Chamomile

Chamomile is a natural remedy for relaxation. This is a common treatment for anxiety because of its relaxation properties. Chamomile can be taken as a tea or a supplement. The average chamomile supplement contains 98.8% dried chamomile flowers. The other 1.2% is another active ingredient, apigenin.

Studies have shown that people who have taken chamomile tea as a placebo saw a 50% decrease in their anxiety symptoms. This research study also showed the same effects.

Chamomile is safe for almost all people. It shouldn't be taken by people who take blood thinner medication. This is because chamomile can promote bleeding. Chamomile may cause slight drowsiness as well as nausea, stomach upset, and vomiting. These are the only known side effects of chamomile, thus making it safer than prescription medications used to treat anxiety.

COPYRIGHT_WI: Published on https://washingtonindependent.com/ebv/natural-treatment-options-for-anxiety/ by Landon Morton on 2021-01-22T18:50:24.782Z

Green Tea

Green tea has been used for centuries for meditation purposes, mainly by the Japanese. It helps the user feel both alert and relaxed. It works by helping to curb elevated heart rate and blood pressure. This is thought to be because of an amino acid in green tea, known as L-theanine. It is extremely safe; many people drink it throughout the day.

The only real problem with green tea is you have to drink a fair amount just to get the effects. You'll need to drink anywhere from 5-20 cups a day. This is why many people choose to take straight L-theanine, the amino acid in green tea that is thought to give you relaxation.

Valerian

Valerian is an herb that is commonly taken as a supplement. It is frequently used to treat insomnia. It is also a very good treatment for anxiety. It slows your body functions down and allows you to relax. It also tends to put you to sleep, so it’s best to take valerian in the evening or at night. It is frequently taken with other sedative herbs such as chamomile, lemon balm, and hops.

Keep in mind that all of these herbs are sedative, so be careful taking two or more of them at the same time. Also, do not take valerian if you are on prescription sedative medications. If you do, you might pass out and wake up the next morning feeling zombified. This is not a healthy way to start out your day.

Lemon Balm

Lemon balm’s healing properties have been discovered since the Middle Ages. It was used to help decrease anxiety, calm the nerves, and promote sleep. It was also used as a weak immune strengthener. It is still used for the same reasons today. It can be taken as a tea, tincture, and a supplement. However, there is one problem with lemon balm. If taken at too high of a dose, it can cause even more anxiety, and this is definitely not what you want to accomplish by taking this herb.

Lavender

Lavender is a very aromatic herb. It has a pleasant and relaxing smell to it. For this reason, it is commonly used in aromatherapy to induce relaxation. Lavender has been proven to relieve anxiety and depression in a large number of patients. This herb can be smoked or burned for the treatment of anxiety.

Exercise

Exercise is one of the best, if not the best, treatments for anxiety there is. After a workout, you will feel extremely relaxed. This is because it releases many “feel-good” chemicals in the brain. You’ll feel like you can relax and think clearly without stressing. Even if you feel like it’s silly and won’t help you, try exercising a little bit more than you usually do. Running is the best exercise for anxiety treatment there is, and you don’t have to pay a gym’s admission fees or yearly membership plans. You’ll also bypass all of the expensive exercise equipment.

Consult Your Doctor

Always talk to your doctor before starting any new herbs. Your doctor will tell you if they are safe for you to take. Do your research on other websites too before starting a new herb.

Share: Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin

About The Authors

Landon Morton

Landon Morton - Landon is a professional character coach, motivational speaker, and consultant who values commitment, service, and excellence. Landon brings to your company valuable insights gained from his battlefield experience as a decorated combat veteran, enabling you to unleash the untapped potential of your employees. He illustrates how the invaluable talent that each individual brings to your company will positively affect your mission through real-world examples.

Recent Articles

No articles found.