How To Make The Best Skee Ball Machine From Cardboard
The skee ball machine is a marvelous invention. The simple act of rolling a ball into a target is so bizarrely satisfying that, as a child, you spend as much time as possible at the neighborhood amusement park/mini-golf course. The sound of the ball rolling down the ramp, the pop as it launched into the air, and the bounce as you hoped for a 50, or even a 100.
With an abundance of boxes lying around, the engineer in you couldn't help but attempt to create something useful from them.
This best skee ball machine made out of cardboard is incredibly simple to construct. It is not the simplest project, but with the instructions provided below, you can complete it confidently as well!
- Cardboard boxes
- Paper cups
- Cutter knife
- Duct tape
COPYRIGHT_WI: Published on https://washingtonindependent.com/ebv/best-skee-ball-machine/ by Elisa Mueller on 2022-02-18T08:40:54.913Z
- One side of the cardboard box should be cut, and the box should be flattened.
- From both sides of the box, cut two triangles.
- Trace circles in the cardboard with paper cups to create the holes. Next, trace the openings of the cups and the bottoms of the cups in the center of the circle. Then draw a circle in the center of the two circles created with the cups.
- Cut out the middle circles with a cutter knife.
- Rep with the remaining holes. You can either recreate an authentic skee ball game or create your own.
- With the cutter knife, cut out the bottoms of the paper cups.
- Elevate the box. It should be angled slightly due to the triangles cut out in step 1.
- Tape the box's sides together with duct tape to make it self-supporting.
- Incorporate the paper cups into the holes. It should be inserted approximately halfway.
- Cut a rectangular piece of cardboard to fit the top of the box and duct tape it in place. This will ensure that the balls do not fly out the top.
- Cut the sides of a long piece of cardboard and lift it to create a ramp. If you do not have a long piece of cardboard with sides, duct tape several cardboard boxes together and fold both sides of the cardboard.
- Duct tape the sides to ensure the ramp remains in place. To prevent the ramp from collapsing, you can use hot glue in between the cardboard and tape over it.
At this point, you can pause and begin playing with the cardboard skee ball game. Adjust the angle of the ramp and the distance between the ramp and the box with the holes if necessary to ensure that the balls reach the higher holes.
If the balls continued to bounce off to the sides, you would be forced to chase them down. Construct barriers around the holes.
To accomplish this,
- Cut the two sides of the box with the holes perpendicular to the ground.
- Remove one side of a second box the same size as the original.
- Cover the box's back and sides with holes using the second box with three sides.
- Tape the two boxes together with duct tape.
Tada! How awesome is it that your child can play skee ball with nothing but cardboard?
There are numerous ways to construct a cardboard skee ball machine game. You can have a lot of fun assembling the game, and the children were ecstatic to assist.
Hoping that this article inspires you to experiment with designing items out of cardboard boxes, as there are far too many of them around these days, thanks to online shopping. You get to spend quality time with your children while building the skee ball game, and your children get to spend hours playing with something that costs you nothing because all of the materials are already in your home.