Aishwarya Rai Bachchan was born on November 1, 1973. She is an Indian actress who won the Miss World pageant in 1994. Her brilliant acting career has placed her as one of India's most prominent and powerful celebrities.
She is best known for her work in Hindi cinema. Rai has won various awards, including two Filmfare Awards, as well as the Padma Shri from the Indian government in 2009 and the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres from the French government in 2012. She has been dubbed "the most beautiful woman on the planet" by the media on numerous occasions.
Rai worked as a model during her college years. She entered the Miss India contest after appearing in multiple television commercials, and she placed second. After being named Miss World 1994, she began receiving invitations to act in movies.
She made her acting debut with Mani Ratnam's Tamil film Iruvar in 1997, and her first Hindi film, Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya, was released the following year. Jeans (1998), a Tamil romance drama, was her first commercial triumph and at the time was the most costly film ever made in Indian cinema. She went on to win two Filmfare Best Actress Awards for her roles in Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (1999) and Devdas (2001). (2002).
Rai received critical acclaim for her roles as a passionate artist in the Tamil romance film Kandukondain Kandukondain (2000), Binodini, Tagore's heroine in the Bengali film Chokher Bali (2003), a depressed woman in the drama Raincoat (2004), Kiranjit Ahluwalia in the British drama film Provoked (2006), and a nurse in the drama Guzaarish (2010).
The romance Mohabbatein (2000), the adventure picture Dhoom 2 (2006), the historical romances Guru (2007) and Jodhaa Akbar (2008), the science fiction film Enthiran (2010), and the romantic drama Ae Dil Hai Mushkil have all been commercial triumphs for Rai (2016).
Name: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
Nickname: Ash, Gullu
Age: 48 (in 2021)
Birthdate: November 1, 1973
Birthplace: Mangalore, Karnataka, India
Profession: Actress and Model
Height: 170 cm (5 feet and 7 inches)Weight: 56 kgs (123 lbs)
Figure Measurements: 34-26-36
Eye color: Hazel Green Blue
Hair color: Black
Mother: Vrinda Rai (homemaker)
Father: Krishnaraj Rai (Army Biologist)
Brother: Aditya Rai (Engineer in merchant army)
Father-in-law: Amitabh Bachchan
Mother-in-law: Jaya Bachchan
Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan are unquestionably one of Bollywood's power couples. As we all know, the two met on the set of a movie, fell in love, married, and had a daughter together, Aaradhya Bachchan. While the prominent pair like to keep their personal lives private, Abhishek recently opened up about how his friendship with Ash grew into a happy marriage.
The actor reportedly revealed that he and Aishwarya had been friends since they first worked together in ‘Dhai Akshar Prem Ke,' and that their friendship had gradually grown and eventually “evolved into something more” over the years. Things took a "serious turn" during the filming of "Umrao Jaan," according to the actress, and before long, they were married and the proud parents of their gorgeous daughter Aaradhya.
Instagram : @lovely_aishwarya
Facebook : Aishwarya Rai
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is an Indian actress. $31 million (Rs. 227 crore) in net worth: In today's world, models and artists are the most creative professions. Models in India, however, do not receive much recognition unless they are well-known, and Bollywood has become the only location in India where artists and models can achieve fame and money. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is a well-known figure and one of God's most gorgeous creations. She is regarded as one of the most gorgeous and attractive women on the planet.
- 1994 – Miss India World 1994
- 2000 – Smita Patil Memorial Award for Best Actress.
- 2002 – The Times of India named Aishwarya Rai No.1 on the list of the "100 Most Beautiful Indian Women in the Past Century".
- 2002 – Rajiv Gandhi Award for Excellence in Field of Entertainment.
- 2003 – V. Shantaram Awards – Best Actress for Devdas
- 2004 – GR8! Women Award for Contribution to Cinema(Special Laurel).
- 2007 – Femina "Most Powerful Indian Woman".
- 2008 – She was selected by Verve in its list of the country's "Most Powerful Women"
- 2009 – V. Shantaram Awards – Best Actress for Jodhaa Akbar
- 2009 – Padma Shri, India's fourth highest civilian award from the Government of India for her contribution to cinema. She created a history by being the youngest actress to receive the award.
- 2009 – Declared as "The Most Powerful Female Actor in India". The first ever extensive research by a popular research agency(Hansa Research) that was conducted of such magnitude to measure Celebrity Power in India; concentrating on different attributes like Popularity, media presence, power of persuasion and image attributes. This all India research also revealed that Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is amongst the most persuasive and likeable celebrities in India. She has also garnered over 98.8% of recognition as well as recall value which is at par with cinematic legends like Amitabh Bachchan and cricketing star Sachin Tendulkar. Incidentally, she is the only female who is part of the top 10 recognized celebrities from all walks of life.
- 2009 – Filmfare's "Most Beautiful People".
- 2009 – Verve "Most Influential Indian Woman".
- 2010 – The India Today Women Award for Global Achievement.
- 2010 – GR8! Women Award for Social services and international recognition.
- 2010 – Teacher's Achievement Award – Teacher's people achievers award.
- 2011 – Femina "India's Most Beautiful Woman".
- 2011 – A newer variety of guava, produced by Padma Shri holticulturist Haji Kaleemullah was named after her.
- 2011 – FICCI Frames Excellence Awards – Decade of Global Achievement for contribution to Hindi cinema & acting.
- 2011 – FICCI Frames Award of a Decade of Global Achievement
- 2011 – Honoured with the Pazhassi Raja Purashkaram ‘Abhinaya Kaala Ratna’ instituted by the Pazhassi Raja Charitable Trust.
- 2011 – Honoured by Karnataka Chief Minister B. S. Yeddyurappa at World Kannada Meet (Vishwa Kannada Sammelana) for her contributions to the arts.
- 2012 – Ranked #2 among top "5 Indian Women Who Became Role Models Of Empowerment" alongside Mother Teresa, Kalpana Chawla, Indra Nooyi and Indira Gandhi.
- 2013 – Filmfare Special Centenary Award for Best Actress
- 2013 – Giant Award – Outstanding Contribution to Indian Cinema
- 2013 –"Most Popular Actress"(Rank #1) in Filmfare 100 years of cinema issues.
- 2013 – Ranked #2 in "Top 5 Global Icon" in Filmfare 100 years of cinema issue where Rai is the only Female in the list.
- 2014 – Asiavision Awards – Icon Of India.
- 2014 – The Times Of India's Forever Desirable woman.
- 2015 – Hello! "India's Most Beautiful".
- 2016 – Outlook Business Outstanding Women Awards – Outstanding Celebrity Woman of the Year.
- 2016 – NRI Of The Year Award – Global Indian of the Year Award
- 2016 – Gauravvanta Gujarati Award
- 2017 – Femina "Most Beautiful Indian Woman".
- 2017 – Dadasaheb Phalke Award – Best Actress for Sarbjit
- 2018 – 20 January 2018, Aishwarya Rai Honoured with First Ladies Award by President of India (Ram Nath Kovind) – Titled as the First Lady who had created a history by being the first actor to be recognised as a Global Icon from India and the first Indian actor to be a jury member at the prestigious Cannes Film Festival.Honouring her for these great achievements, the Ministry of Women and Child Development of Government of India has added her in the list of 112 women achievers who have achieved a first in any field and made the country proud.
- 2018 – April 2018, Bunt Community Honoured Aishwarya Rai with "Woman of Substance" title.
- 2018 – Femina "India's Most Beautful Woman 2018"
- Aishwarya was crowned the coveted Miss World title in 1994.
- She made her debut in the film industry with Mani Ratnam’s Tamil film Iruvar in 1997.
- Reportedly, her 1998 film Jeans was the most expensive film that was made in Indian cinema during that period.
- She won two Filmfare Awards in the Best Actress category for her roles in Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (1999) and Devdas (2002).
- Aishwarya has worked across several industries and has a glorious career spanning over 2 decades in the film industry.
- She has acted in multilingual films, in the likes of Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, English and Bengali.
- Aishwarya wanted to pursue a career in medicine since she loved zoology.
- She got herself enrolled in a college with a degree in arts since she wanted to become an architect but later pursued her modelling and film career.
- Do you know Aishwarya was offered the role of Rani Mukerji’s character, Tina, in Karan Johar’s Kuch Kuch Hota Hai?
- She was the first Indian actress to be a jury member at the prestigious Cannes Film Festival in 2003.
- When she was in the 9th grade, she was featured in a Camlin Pencils ad.
- There are Aishwarya-named tulips at Keukenhof Gardens, Netherlands.
- Not many know but the actress collects every news article that is written about her.
- She is a Padma Shri awardee.
- In 2012, she was awarded the Ordre des Arts et des Letters by the Government of France.
- She starred with Aamir Khan for a Pepsi commercial that was shot in a single night during the 1992-1993 Mumbai riots and became immensely popular.
- Reportedly, Aishwarya was the only actor to be invited for a luncheon with former US President George Bush, which she allegedly could not attend.
- The actress is trained in classical dance and had received training for the same for over 5 years during her teenage days.
- She was the first Indian ever to grace the Oprah Winfrey show.
- Aishwarya considers superstar Rajinikanth, her favourite actor, with whom she starred in Robot.
- There are more than 17,000 websites dedicated to Aishwarya.
- She is often regarded as one of the ‘most beautiful women’ in the world.
- She is the brand ambassador of many charity organisations and does a fair share of work in philanthropy.
- The actress often made headlines back in the early 2000s due to her rumoured linkup with Salman Khan.
- Aishwarya got married to Abhishek Bachchan in 2007.
- In 2011, she welcomed her first child, her daughter Aaradhya Bachchan.
- After father-in-law Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya was the second celebrity whose wax statue was placed at the Madame Tussaud’s museum.
- In 2005, reportedly, American publisher Hugh Hefner wanted to create a no-nudity version of the ‘famous’ Playboy magazine with Aishwarya, but the offer was allegedly turned down by the actress.
- In spite of having house help at her disposal, Aishwarya often makes the effort of cooking for her husband Abhishek and daughter Aaradhya.
- Allegedly, Bollywood’s veteran Rekha had admired Aishwarya for her work in one of her ads even before she became famous and had approached her in a supermarket where she was shopping with her mother.
- Aishwarya Rai’s nickname is Gullu.
- The actress had modified her Rs. 45 lakh wedding mangalsutra after Aaradhya’s birth as she allegedly felt it would be easier to carry.
- Aishwarya and Rani Mukerji were great friends, however, they fell apart with time.
- The actress was roped in to be a part of Shah Rukh Khan-starrer Chalte Chalte but was later replaced by Rani.
- Her 2002 film Devdas, opposite Shah Rukh Khan and Madhuri Dixit, was ranked as one of the 10 best films of the millennium by Time.
- Aishwarya has delivered numerous hit films during her career and has faced certain flops too.
- In 2010, the actress took a five-year break from films.
- She returned to the film industry with the 2015 film Jazbaa.
- Aishwarya is happily married to Abhishek and completed 13 years of marriage in 2020.
- She is often regarded as ‘Bachchan bahu’ by her fans and is doted upon by her in-laws.