More Details on Kerry’s Energy Tax Incentives Bill
Sen. John Kerry’s office just sent out more details on his “Clean Energy Technology Leadership Act,” which provides financing for a number of clean energy tax incentives.
In a statement, Kerry said:
While we continue the fight to bring comprehensive energy legislation to the floor of the United States Senate, it’s essential that we take action to start moving in the right direction. Providing incentives for clean energy production will drive our economy forward and take us one step closer to reducing our carbon emissions and ending our dependence on foreign oil.
According to the statement, the bill, which Kerry introduced today, would:
- provide tax incentives for solar energy;
- provide tax incentives for electric vehicles and the batteries that are necessary to run them;
- extend tax credits for energy efficient homes and buildings;
- provide incentives for natural gas vehicles;
- and extend the tax credit for companies that make energy efficient appliances.
For more, here’s the bill text: