Former Louisiana Gov. Roemer: ‘Why am I being excluded?’
Former Louisiana Gov. Buddy Roemer is looking to Fox News and Google for answers as to why he is being excluded in the Thursday night debate the organizations are sponsoring.
“After proudly gaining my 1 percent in the latest Fox News poll, having started with zero name recognition, I must again ask — why am I being excluded from tomorrow’s debate?” Roemer queried in a circulated statement.
“Even when I garner the required 1 percent needed to qualify, Fox News has decided to exclude me. Once again, the American people will not get to hear a voice that fights against the special interests that create corporate tax loopholes and ship our good jobs overseas. Unfair trade practices and the corrupting influence of money in politics will again not be part of the debate.”
Roemer also pointed out, as he has previously, that he is the only 2012 GOP candidate who has served in Congress and as a state’s executive.
“[A]pparently that is not good enough for the debate sponsors,” he said. “The American people are hungry for this voice.”
During an appearance earlier this month with Jon Stewart of Comedy Central, Roemer said he and his campaign team have asked for invitations to every debate.
“It’s a process that makes no sense,” Roemer said of the debate qualifiers that seem to exclude certain candidates while favoring others.