Senate Hopes to Pass Short-Term Unemployment Extension Thursday

Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 10:44 am

By the slimmest of margins, the Senate last night approved a measure waiving the pay-go rules for legislation extending the filling deadline for unemployment benefits (not to be confused with the creation of Tier V) until June. Sen. George Voinovich (Ohio) was the only Republican to vote in favor of the motion, which passed 60 to 40.

The procedural move sets the stage for full passage of the bill, which also extends COBRA health subsidies for unemployed workers and delays a scheduled pay cut for doctors treating Medicare patients.

A $9.2 billion proposal passed by the House last month would have extended the programs through May 5 — a proposal that Senate Democrats had tried to pass several weeks back. But Republican opposition — combined with Congress’ two-week spring break — delayed the vote long enough that Democratic leaders tweaked the proposal so that (1) the benefits are retroactive to April 5, when the original benefits expired, and (2) the extensions run an additional month (at twice the cost). Party leaders are hoping the wider window will allow them the time to pass an even longer-term extension of all these programs — something that will see them through November’s midterm elections.

Democrats are trying now to get an agreement from Republican leaders to pass the $18 billion bill today. Otherwise, they’ll have to slog through a series of cloture votes that could push the process into next week.

After the Senate passes the bill (whenever that is), it will return to the House, where leaders are expected to approve it quickly before sending it on to the White House for President Obama’s signature.

Comments

Financial Reform: Five Fights to Watch | SenatorWatch.info
Pingback posted April 15, 2010 @ 11:04 am

[...] Senate Hopes to Pass Short-Term Unemployment Extension Thursday … [...]

What are organic foods? How can we differentiate them with the other foods?
Pingback posted April 15, 2010 @ 12:13 pm

[...] Senate Hopes to Pass Short-Term Unemployment Extension Thursday … [...]

Senate Hopes to Pass Short-Term Unemployment Extension Thursday …
Pingback posted April 15, 2010 @ 3:44 pm

[...] link: Senate Hopes to Pass Short-Term Unemployment Extension Thursday … Posted in Term | Tags: actually-had, consulting-contract, ended-and, for-the, hired-full, [...]

Senate Hopes to Pass Short-Term Unemployment Extension Thursday … Term Me
Pingback posted April 15, 2010 @ 3:53 pm

[...] more here:  Senate Hopes to Pass Short-Term Unemployment Extension Thursday … By admin | category: Uncategorized | tags: actually-had, best-treat, condition, [...]

GrowingAggravated
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 3:13 pm

Presuming this bill passes the Senate, the House and is signed into law, is it correct that a person currently on Tier II or III will not be able to progress into the succeeding Tier (III or IV) when their current allotment of weeks within their current Tier expires? As if the Tiers are islands upon which people are stranded, so to speak?
If so, then it seems only a fraction of people truly have access to the “99 weeks” I've heard about, namely those who were already in Tier IV a few weeks ago.
Am I correct?
Also, is there any idea when Tier progressions will be possible (best case scenario)?

bigdog121
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 3:36 pm

This will let you progress through the tiers as long as your states unemployment rate triggers that tier,but will not add additional tiers like a tier 5,which is bad for th 99ers because it will probably be at least another month before they decide on a long term extension that might include a tier 5.

jh443
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 3:52 pm

Please add your name to the list of people begging Congress to add a Tier V!!

Waiting
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 3:57 pm

@Aggravated..That is correct..For example If you are within the regular state unemployment benefits and your 26 weeks ended you have not been able to move into tier 1 of the federal extension and the same as if you are in tier 1 you are unable to move to tier 2. I finished out tier 1 with a partial week payment of $120 and haven't been able to move forward into tier 2 since the extension deadline expired. Once this passes and the state from which you collect unemployment I assume will have to get everything set up again but I am hoping once it passes the process moves quickly. What the bill really does is extended the deadline to get into a tier so as long as you enter a tier before the deadline you are in that tier for as long as you have weeks left in that tier. Yes, only those able to progress into tier 4 will get the 99 weeks. If the deadline isn't passed it is very likely some would get 26 weeks and others 99 weeks. Many people miss understand what this current bill is doing it isn't giving people beyond 99 weeks it is extended a deadline to continue with what has already been set up.

bobby8158
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 3:59 pm

My first 26 weeks is up on May 16th will I qualify for a extension?

lis123
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 4:00 pm

If someone just exhausted tier four are they done?

Rich
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 4:17 pm

The answer is yes, unless like me you live in michigan where they give you an extended benefit (EB) of 20 weeks, not to be confused with the (EUC) after you complete your 4 tiers. which i won't get untill congress extends the deadline.

Tracy
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 4:23 pm

I have one more regular payment on my tier 1 this coming Tuesday, and was told that I would only receive 15.00 (remainder of my tier one) the following “payment” date. I also have to re-file because my bye expires after this coming week. I was told I would qualify for state unemployment after the 15.00 payment, if I understand correctly, would I qualify to file for tier 2 if this bill passes, and I would not have to worry about the above (except for the bye date re-file) Is it still stuck in Senate?

4 month old baby_babies 5 months_4 months babies » What are organic foods? How can we differentiate them with the other foods?
Pingback posted April 15, 2010 @ 5:24 pm

corino5
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 4:25 pm

I was watching c-span today and was AMAZED (and I use that term loosely) at the amount of empty seats! With unemployment extension issues unresolved I would at least expect our representatives attendance!

Hopeful
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 4:34 pm

I'm in currently in Tier 1 and will claim my last 2 weeks this coming Monday, April 19th. So does it mean that unless they set up an extension past the April 4th deadline, I am unable to receive anymore EUC?

Gail
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 4:37 pm

I have heard many say with unemployment benefits and food stanps they arn't even looking for employment. It is sad. With addicts on the dole- there are only a few of us who are showing responsibility and going to work in spite of the fact we have challenges there. Being underpaid!!

coopsgirl
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 4:46 pm

I will extend tier 3 on the 25th of this month, all I need is this to pass so that I will get the 4th tier of 6 weeks. I have a job in hand but have to wait for the new hospital to open before I can actually work. Let us pray they do this quickly or my family and myself will be living in our car.

KIm
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 4:46 pm

I have just exhausted my 26 weeks of regular unemployment will be able to get a extension at all?

Nikki
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 4:47 pm

I got done with my first 20 weeks last week. I wasn't in a tier does that mean I am done and can not apply for an extension?

Lisa
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 4:51 pm

I am on tier 4 and April 16th is my last payment. I live in Georgia, 10.5% rate, does anyone know if I will receive the State EB? From reading the DOL website in Georgia I think I will. Going to the DOL in Georgia is nightmare just to get an answer.

Tracy
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 4:53 pm

To Gail, I agree that there are some that have taken advantage of unemployment and state aid, however, I do not agree with the generalization in reference to “addicts” and irresponsibility. I actually had a short term consulting contract, claimed my hours, traveled 3 hours there and back for the position, and did not collect unemployment. When the contract ended and I was not hired full time, as previously agreed (the company lost a large contractor..see domino effect) fortunately I was able to re-file. I have only collected a total of 8 months since opening my original claim due to being laid off. I am a single parent, no child support, do not receive food stamps or any other benefits. I have always been underpaid despite my education and experience. You are fortunate to be employed. The point is that there are many responsible individuals with education and experience that have not been able to secure gainful employment. The competition is the greatest I have ever seen.

CAFranco
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 4:59 pm

No Tear V, y guess I will have to sent my senator and house of representative to the unemployment line so that they know how it fells, not to be able to pay the rent and get a 3 days notice.

CAFranco
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 5:02 pm

Well Gail, lets just blame evey one that do not have a job and are looking for a job. Do you have one for me? would you pay my travel expences? I dont think we are a few.

BoogieMan
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 5:03 pm

I am currently under tier I (46 weeks) and it will expire in 2 weeks. If this bill is passed, will I be eligible for tier II? I apologize if this question is repetitive, I'm still trying to figure out this “tier structure” thing. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

CAFranco
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 5:04 pm

Like I said, look and see if your's was there or send them to the unemployemnt line.

Joseph
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 5:15 pm

Yes ,you'll receive a 20 week state extension. However, unlike the tier extension, you will only qualify within the extension deadline approved by Congress.In this case, if Senate approves current extension till June, you will get your state extended benefits till that period of time. Since your 20 week extended benefits will not have expired in June , the Senate will need to approve another benefits extension for you to move forward. Those within tiers will keep receiving benefits for the numbers of weeks allowed; and once approved they do not need Congress to further approve, unlike state extended benefits.

shawnspencer
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 5:16 pm

this is not an “unemployment bill”
almost all of the monthly 9.2 billion dollar cost does not go to the unemployed – it goes to insurance companies for cobra payments (since these extensions began, there has been no audit of insurance companies receiving these checks – think cash for clunkers), medicaid payments, flood insurance and god knows what other pork
it is not an unemployment bill

Nick
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 5:21 pm

Over 11,000 people have signed the tier V unemployment petition!

Sign it here:

CommonSense
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 5:22 pm

I believe she is just commenting on some of the abuses of unemployment out there. We all are aware that it exist, she made no reference to fact that there are real unemployed individual out there that are on it but are honestly looking for jobs which we know are out there as well. She is attacking those people using the system and everyone I know happens to know many people who are abusing the system. I don't think you should get defensive on these comments unless you are one of those people who is secretly abusing the system. I think the same of the abuser, they are a drain on the funds, in a perfect world which we don't live in, the abuser wouldn't be claiming unemployment and the extension wouldn't be as expensive as it is and Congress probably wouldn't have much problem creating a Tier V and extending the deadline. If anything, you should be mad at the abuser as well.

Gaby214
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 5:23 pm

In fairness to Gail, there are some who really are used to just getting benefit from the government example our neighbor who has 5 kids unemployed for almost 2 yrs and now they have another kid in the way. I mean how hard is it to get “Free” birth control pills for a year from the City? I did. My husband is unemployed for more than 6 months I have 2 kids and a small cancer but I don't take what she said as offensive to me because I know me and my husband aren't taking advantage of the benefits. I just hope it is easy to get a job and health care.

CommonSense
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 5:26 pm

Anytime before the expiration of the extension date if you qualify for the next available Tier you will be able to file for it.

shawnspencer
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 5:51 pm

the cbo scorecard for the baucus amendment to hr 4851 (extending date to june)
puts the cost of the unemployment insurance extension at almost 12 billion (it also adds a charge for 2011, which is absurd)
that's eight weeks of extended benefits
aiming high, assume the average payment per person is 350 per week (all the data i have seen puts it closer to 325)
each week the fed will pay out 1.5 billion in extended payments (2 billion divided by 8 weeks)
at an average payment of 350 per person, that comes out to payments for over 4,000,000 people
is that correct

johnyreb
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 5:59 pm

almost every replublican voted against the extension ,remember that in Nov!!!!

Mike from MI
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 6:02 pm

I was going to be ending on tier 1 and getting down to my last few unemployment checks.It has been frustrating knowing your getting cut off and there are not many jobs out there.We were worried about how to pay house payments etc..You feel like your time is up.You lose.THANK GOD I finally found work through our Man Power agency.They really helped me out.It was such a relief.No American should go through what I did.This country needs to create and keep jobs for it's people.We need to change this welfare system.People don't need to be on that program permanently.They should have ” tiers ” too like this unemployment.I

Sick and Tired
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 6:08 pm

what congress need to do is to give us our jobs back, since they want to stop, start and stop our benefits. The republicans where in charge when we lost our jobs and now they want dictate the unemployment benefits. Well I'm tired of dealing with this on and off unemployment benefits. “GIVE US OUR JOBS BACK SO THAT WE CAN MOVE ON WITH OUR LIVES” why do you keep on hurting us!!! WHERE'S THE LOVE FOR THE AMERICANS IN THIS COUNTRY? WHY ARE THEY TREATING US LIKE WE'RE TERRIORISTS?

Scared2010
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 6:09 pm

I am so confused with the deadlines and what I qualify for. I reside in california where the rate is 12.5%. I am on Tier 4 and my last check will be this Saturday April 17. Am I done or will I get the 20 wks for my state falling in the high percentage rate of unemployment? Someone please explain?

Hanging in there
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 6:34 pm

I agree Sick and Tired I feel the same way. I rather have a job then to go through this each week. It is like we are in limbo. I send out resumes and letters and all I get back is a letter saying ” Thank you for you interest in our company but at this time we have no openings”.

Facenda
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 7:43 pm

I'm scared to death of losing my benefits, It's my only link to survival. I have done everthing that I can to get a job. I have been going to the library for the last year, (7) days a week and have sent out over 1,000 or so of Resumes. And then you have these websites you have to pay in order to submit your resume on a monthly basis in order to get an interview. Which I cannot afford at this time. It seems as though everyone is using these times to gamble with livehoods. So SAD!!!! I have applied to so many Federal Jobs till it isn't funny. Everytime I look around I'm being DECLINED for a position. What is one to do at this point???? I can't give up, I have to keep trying.

mullid
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 8:34 pm

i live in florida. i called the unemployment office up and they said no one in florida gets more than 79 weeks. i am on tier 4. if this extension is passed do i qualify for 20 more weeks? i have 3 weeks left of tier 4. can you answer this for me? thanks, dan

Tracey
Comment posted April 15, 2010 @ 9:25 pm

I only qualify for 26 weeks of unemployment benefits with no chance of continuing under any tier because i was laid off on the wrong date. While there is a lot of talk about putting tier V into effect for those who have already enjoying 99 weeks of benefits what is to be said about those of us who are maxed out at 26 weeks? Meanwhile the the US is apparently well off enough to fork over 200 million a month for a space station with our tax dollars. I'll take a months rent over an orbiting lab any day.

free tax extension | TrendyTwits
Pingback posted April 15, 2010 @ 10:47 pm

[...] a popular research and development credit for businesses, as well as credits targeted at …Senate Hopes to Pass Short-Term Unemployment Extension ThursdayThe Washington [...]

Curbside Classic: 1967 Checker Marathon | The Truth About Cars | Crumple Zone Coachwork Design
Pingback posted April 16, 2010 @ 1:20 am

Road Test – Proton Savvy 1.2 (M) – sgCarMart | Overhang Coachwork Design
Pingback posted April 16, 2010 @ 5:38 am

[...] Senate Hopes to Pass Short-Term Unemployment Extension Thursday … [...]

How do you find the first term and common difference of this artihmetic sequence?
Pingback posted April 16, 2010 @ 7:44 am

Luanne
Comment posted April 16, 2010 @ 10:57 am

Rich – I'm a resident of Michigan as well and to be honest, am totally confused by the unemployment structure. Just when I think I understand it, someone tells me I'm all wrong. I've been unemployed a year and my benefit year ends in August 2010….. can you offer some insite? Thanks, in advance…. a fellow Michigander

adventures_adventure trips_adventure trip_free online adventure games_adventure quest worlds » How do you get the sticky stuff off?
Pingback posted April 16, 2010 @ 12:12 pm

josephphambor
Comment posted April 16, 2010 @ 3:03 pm

I just finished my teir 4 on april 3th will I GET this new 2 months? until they pass a teir 5. I live in new jersey. thanks

really pissed
Comment posted April 16, 2010 @ 6:24 pm

When this nation gets hit and invaded (and it will happen!)I for one will assist these invaders! this goverment needs to destroyed! take every one of these republicans and line them up and fucking shoot them! then do the same to their whole fucking Family! let them see it done to their Family first though! they want to play fucking games with peoples lifes? I cant fucking wait till this murdering, theiving,lying goverment gets what is comming to it! I only wish I could pull the trigger myself! burn this motherfucking goverment down! if your not anti/gov then youll be next! fuck the usa!

limbocrazy
Comment posted April 16, 2010 @ 9:02 pm

I wish I had the answer to your question as I am in the same situation. I was given a number to call but the recording states that due to high volume, your call can not be taken at this time. I have gone to the unemployment office and no one is able to answer the question.

Limbo

ben
Comment posted April 16, 2010 @ 9:52 pm

Don't be Naive “Really Pissed”!

As I posted before, Democrat Senator Harry Reid, the Senate Majority leader did not schedule this cloture vote until just before Easter recess knowing full well that it wouldn't get passed until after the Easter break.

I know, because I've called his office 5 times asking for a TIER 5. His staffers lied to me every time and said they were leaving it up to the states which when I called my state officials, they said they don't even know what Democrat Senate Majority leader Harry Reid's office means.

Democrats have enough votes to do “anything” “ANYTHING!” they want.
They must properly schedule it and have debate.
Unfortuneatel they've been debating the damn healtcare bill for over a year now, “which most Americans don't want”.

As for your “anti-American” threats, I say go to hell! I am an independant, and I won't have your type threatening our people! Traitor! Go find a shithole country to live in if you don't like it here!

What’s the difference between crying and getting emotional?
Pingback posted April 16, 2010 @ 11:27 pm

really pissed
Comment posted April 16, 2010 @ 11:30 pm

Our people you say? Hey Ben wake up you dumbass! look around you! your probably one of them limp wristed bitches that will be taken where ever your led? ya your a punk!perhaps youll be in the way when all hell brakes loose! and if you really think that war here on our soil with our people will never happen, then I hope you are in the way. click,click, bang! next! your a fucking moron! or did you forget that this nation was birthed by murder, lies, and stealing, oh thats old news though huh? if the root is bad the whole fucking tree is bad! it started with crooks and is still be ran by crooks! I hope your patrotic ass catches the first round! you should run for office! you talk like one!

stressedoutandunemployed
Comment posted April 17, 2010 @ 8:02 am

I AM VERY CONFUSED I LIVE IN NYC AND I MY TIER 4 BENIFITS FINISHED I GOT ALL 99 WEEKS , SO DOES THIS MEAN THAT THIS EB IS FOR US??? LISTEN I STILL DIDNT FIND ANY WORK GOD KNOWS HOW MUCH I TRIED LOOKINH..SO I CALLED DOL THEY WERE JUST TOO BUSY TO TALK ALL THEY SAID WAS I CANT HELP YOU SORRY..SOO STRESSED I WISH I HAD A JOB SO I WONT BE GOING THRU THIS BULLSHIT;(

cece
Comment posted April 17, 2010 @ 2:38 pm

My mother received her last check march 21st it was partial, she lives in Indiana and her eeuc claim is still open but there is no money in it, i want to know does she qualify for this extension? is she on tier 4? she has 3 claims one is IU the other is EB and they are expired but the eeuc is still open..

Please can someone Please shed some light on our plight.

naynay77
Comment posted April 19, 2010 @ 6:32 am

I too am wondering the same thing, I am one of the 99ers, I live in NJ, this EB issue is confusing, as some people are saying, it is part of the Tier 4, some say it isn't. Can or are we eligible for EB, after Tier 4, even though we got it under the first Bush extension, if that makes sense.

brian36
Comment posted April 19, 2010 @ 6:34 pm

i start on my 4th tier tuesday which is only 6 weeks if im not mistaken, i live in elkhart indiana our unemployment in my county is almost 19.5% the state is 12.3% ,im gonna look hard for a job..the problem is we have to many illegals here..very diffucult to find work..i really hope they pass a “5th tier” because there is no work here..i cant even find a job at mcdonalds..and i look hard for a job everyday

Move Ahead Towards a Better Life After Investing in the Whole Term Life Insurance Policy | Travel Tips | Great Travel Tips for Tourists !
Pingback posted April 20, 2010 @ 9:27 am

[...] Senate Hopes to Pass Short-Term Unemployment Extension Thursday … [...]

How hard it is to travel through Mexico & # x884C; not happen? | Travel Tips | Great Travel Tips for Tourists !
Pingback posted April 20, 2010 @ 10:28 am

[...] Senate Hopes to Pass Short-Term Unemployment Extension Thursday … [...]

What is the best airline in Europe & # x6D32; about travel? | Travel Tips | Great Travel Tips for Tourists !
Pingback posted April 20, 2010 @ 10:37 am

[...] Senate Hopes to Pass Short-Term Unemployment Extension Thursday … [...]

What airlines are best to travel around Europe? | Travel Tips | Great Travel Tips for Tourists !
Pingback posted April 20, 2010 @ 11:12 am

sugarhoney007
Comment posted April 20, 2010 @ 2:44 pm

whats your problem didnt get any. with that mouth your getting what your hand call for………..

N-tier Architecture in Asp.net | Blogs Daily News | ASP WebDev Insider
Pingback posted April 21, 2010 @ 2:49 pm

newnewdeal
Comment posted April 22, 2010 @ 1:38 pm

Dear Congress,

Has your staff told you or showed you the thousands upon thousands of calls and letters in regards to TIER V UNEMPLOYMENT EXTENSIONS for the 2 million who have used 99 weeks and need a lifeline emergency extension? All house and senate are getting them in volume. Democrats and republicans.
But the silence on TIER V is amazing!!!

It seems to be falling upon deaf ears in congress!!

A march on Washington is being planned now.

Lives are in the balance on this!!!
These Americans by no fault of their own
Cannot find work after nearly two years!!!

We are in an economic depression not seen since the 1930’s.

An economic tsunami is coming to every shore in America soon.
Economist will call it a double dip recession That was unexpected.
I will call it a part 2 depression.

The jobs that were added in March were federal census jobs that last only a few weeks so please for your own credibility do not play that card.

This economic crisis was caused by the republicans and some democrats as well.
Also the banks wall street and the rich are to blame.
They were to big to fail and we bailed them out instead of the working class and unemployed! shame shame shame.

Please inform your fellow congressmen on both sides this TIER V greater than 99 weeks unemployment extension issue WILL cost them the election.
Not health care not the rest. This TIER V will.

do you have hearts?. Pay for this anyway you have to but pass it now.

PLease wake your friends in WAshington.
THis is not going away it will get louder and louder until TIER V is passed!!!

This is the worst job market in history!!!!!

The future is now TIER V TIER V TIER V

godbless you and godbless america!!!

newnewdeal
Comment posted April 22, 2010 @ 1:41 pm

Tier v people,

Remember NELP.
They have been silent and invisible on TIER V as
each day week month goes by where we cant pay our rent buy groceries pay basic bills lose our houses our hope our dignity.

When i went to the UNEMPLOYED FRIENDS websight and posted my thoughts on NELP I was immediately banned from the sight?
WTF

with unemployed friends like that who needs enemies?

Tier V people do you notice that we seem to be coming up with our own ideas- march on washington
petitions
calling and emailing president press congress?

We are fighting this alone from square one when an organization has all the tools and options and contacts with press and Washington like NELP. This is wrong.

I get the impression that NELP thinks we should have found a job by now
When jobs have never been more scarce!!!

Keep calling and emailing the president and congress and the press!!!

Fight the good fight do not go gently into that good night.

newnewdeal
Comment posted April 22, 2010 @ 1:42 pm

TIER V PEOPLE UNITE!!!

Take my previous letter and post it everywhere You can!!!

It will Make Nelp stop sitting on the fence and make some moves for us!!!

Otherwise they will do what they did last when we sat for three months ?
Remember That? last Fall? Half of us went under the tubes the other half barely survived!

Thats okay with them it would not be if they were in our shoes.

If i had NELPS job i would be shouting it loud everywhere

TIERV TIER V TIER V TIERV TIER V NOW!!!!!

newnewdeal
Comment posted April 22, 2010 @ 1:43 pm

Dear Congress,

But the silence on TIER V is amazing!!!

It seems to be falling upon deaf ears in congress!!

A march on Washington is being planned now.

Lives are in the balance on this!!!
These Americans by no fault of their own
Cannot find work after nearly two years!!!

We are in an economic depression not seen since the 1930’s.

An economic tsunami is coming to every shore in America soon.
Economist will call it a double dip recession That was unexpected.
I will call it a part 2 depression.

This economic crisis was caused by the republicans and some democrats as well.
Also the banks wall street and the rich are to blame.
Then they were to big to fail and we bailed then out insteads of the working class and unemployed! shame shame shame.

Not health care not the rest. This TIER V will.

do you have hearts?. Pay for this anyway you have to but pass it now.

PLease wake your friends in WAshington.
THis is not going away it will get louder and louder until TIER V is passed!!!

angie555
Comment posted April 22, 2010 @ 4:41 pm

IM SORRY YOU WILL NOT GET ANY MORE UNTIL A TIER 5 IS CREATED ! eVERYONE HAS TO CALL HIS OFFICE (HARRY RIED) CALL HIM EVERY DAY EMAIL HIM EVERY DAY ITS CLOSE RIGHT NOW THEY KNOW IT NEEDS TO BE DONE, WE JUST HAVE TOG ET ON THEIR ASSES! CALL EVRY SINGLE DAY LIKE I DO, HELL HAVE TO DO SOMETHING AND,, ALSO CALL AND EMAIL NANCY PELOSIS OFFICE EVERY DAY !!!

angie555
Comment posted April 22, 2010 @ 5:23 pm

EVERY ONE NEEDS TO HIT THE PHONES LIKE CRAZY!!! NOT HERE AND THERE CALLS EVERY DAY EVERY HOUR!!!!! SAMR THING WE NEED A NTEIR 5 NOW WE ARE LOSING OUR HOMES,, WHEN YOUR NOT ON THE OHONE EMAIL THEM BASTARDS!! I DO IT EVERY DAY!! MY EMAILS GO OUT EVERY HOUR ON THE HOUR! TRY IT!! IF WE ALL DO IT WE WILL GET RESULTS,, GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US!!

ma_webb
Comment posted April 23, 2010 @ 8:35 pm

I lost my job at the end of the day, in december 2006, I was not expecting it.I have been looking for work every since. I am one of the ones who has exhausted their benefits. I live in detroit, mi. I cannot get or find a job. I am now a college student who really need the tier 5. I am still looking for a job, I cannot find one.

ma_webb
Comment posted April 23, 2010 @ 8:48 pm

Tracy I have been working since 1979, I am not accustom to not having employment. I have really tried to get a job. So I decided to become a nurse. I am still in college. I have 18 months before graduation. I don't have kids at home now, but I still need help. I don't receive food stamps. I have bills and I CAN NOT PAY THEM.

davidestrada1
Comment posted April 29, 2010 @ 9:06 pm

My family need the tier v to be passed, for Obama to sign into law by friday.
In God We Trust.

PatriciaEdws
Comment posted May 2, 2010 @ 3:09 pm

What about the people who now have nothing and are still unemployed. Just out of luck I guess, Can't Congress create a Tier V so maybe they can make it through the summer. remember unempolyed people vote too.

Scott
Comment posted May 5, 2010 @ 11:40 pm

Congress has passed an unemployment bill that only gives more time to claim benefits that have run out for the long term unemployed. Certain groups are trying to start a campaign to get more benefits for the unemployed.Even in an election year congress is not listening and the media is not even talking about it.They have sent faxes and emails to congress and the president to no avail.They keep claiming unemployment is getting better, it is not.They just drop you from the count when you benefits end.It is time we all stood up and be counted.The economy will be much worse at the end of the year when the rest of us loose our homes, cars and have no food on the table.Gallup says there are actually 21 percent unemployment.It is time to take to the streets and protest. Is this issue not more important than the three million teabaggers that just do not want to pay taxes or the illegals that do not pay taxes and are getting the jobs.There are 12 million illegals and over twenty million of us soon to be homeless.Which is more important them or us.We belong here and contributed to this great country. But all any one talks about is them. We do not even get a mention on the evening news and the government did this to us.They need to get their priorities straight.Election day is coming!

Gamedom
Comment posted May 8, 2010 @ 8:21 pm

…agreed…and to think no one is mentioning all the taxes we pay (Cigarettes-cell phones,gas and more)…and where is it all going?Overseas foreign aid they give away is a trillion dollars a year and the countries we give to have free healthcare and in some cases free education!.Something is wrong here…very wrong…vote out all incumbents and start over.The D.C.club for the rich has got to go!!!

Jenn W
Comment posted May 10, 2010 @ 8:30 pm

What about those who have not used 99weeks or even 40 weeks? We suffer and don't qualify for even a 2nd Tier because of your may 30th deadline?…. I'M OUTRAGED

From CA EDD website: For Those Already on a Federal Extension

“The current legislation extended the filing deadline for beginning a second, third, or fourth federal extension to Sunday, May 30, 2010. Anyone just completing one level of the extensions and needing to continue on to another level, will be able to do so by this deadline. Those who exhaust any level of extension after Saturday, May 29, 2010, will not be eligible for any further levels of extensions unless Congress once again changes the filing deadlines.”

“On April 15, 2010, President Obama signed legislation approved by the U.S. Congress that extended the filing deadlines for federal extensions of Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits. The legislation did not add more weeks of unemployment benefits to the federal extensions. It only extended the deadlines for filing the federal extensions.”

ME (on 2nd extension):
You sign a bill in mid APRIL to extend a deadline to May 30th, WHAT!!?? Yeah Thanks for the help >>> NOT!!

angie555
Comment posted May 12, 2010 @ 4:32 pm

IS EVERYONE CALLING WRITING AND FAXING ITS THE ONLY WAY MILLIONS OF CALLS WILL DO IT MILLIONS NOT HUNDREDS HIT THE OHONES AND EMAILS EVERY HOUR ON THE HOUR TO PELOSI AND REIDS OFFICE

mbt shoes
Comment posted May 19, 2010 @ 1:04 am

Thanks for you share the article.Good!

How does a boarding pass work? | CAPPEL informed
Pingback posted June 6, 2010 @ 12:01 pm

nike shox
Comment posted June 10, 2010 @ 1:52 am

Thans for you share the article.

Lu_n_Michigan
Comment posted June 10, 2010 @ 2:08 am

NIKE SHOX – - ya goof! Look at the date of this article you just posted…. its OLD NEWS…. VERY OLD.

Lori Lamb
Comment posted June 16, 2010 @ 9:14 pm

I have just sent in my last “REGULAR” (initial) claim form this week – will I be able to get Tier 1 extension? And will that be the ONLY Tier I will get? Please help! Gotta make plans if so!! Thanks!

timberland boots
Comment posted August 21, 2010 @ 8:03 am

it's nice.

Senate Hopes to Pass Short-Term Unemployment Extension Thursday … | Michigan Not Mexico
Pingback posted September 3, 2010 @ 7:57 am

[...] Continued here: Senate Hopes to Pass Short-Term Unemployment Extension Thursday … [...]