A Tea Party Truther Candidate Outed by Glenn Beck

Thursday, February 11, 2010 at 1:27 pm

Credit Glenn Beck for consistency. He booked Debra Medina, the out-of-nowhere Tea Party/Ron Paul candidate for governor of Texas and asked her to rebut rumors that she believed the federal government might have been involved in the 9/11 attacks. The result: a choke worthy of Martha Coakley.

BECK: Do you believe the government was in any way involved with the bringing down of the World Trade Centers on 9/11.

MEDINA: I don’t have all of the evidence, there, Glenn. So I don’t… I am not in a place — I have not been out publicly questioning that. I think some very good questions have been raised in that regard. There’s some very good arguments. And I think the American people have not see all of the evidence there. So I have not taken a position on that.

BECK: I think the American people might think that’s a yes.

The right is basically throwing Medina under the bus for this.

Categories & Tags: | | |

Comments

uberVU - social comments
Trackback posted February 11, 2010 @ 1:42 pm

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by ikeonic: RT @TWI_news: A Tea Party Truther Candidate Outed by Glenn Beck http://bit.ly/bg9e2P...

susan166
Comment posted February 11, 2010 @ 1:44 pm

When she signed off the program, Beck let out a long Oooh. Medina said http://usspost.com/debra-medina-glenn-beck-ussp…

onlyadult
Comment posted February 11, 2010 @ 2:28 pm

If you have any integrity, you will post her reply to these accusations from her website. Medina is not a truther. Glenn beck is obviously a tool for the Perry campaign and the establishment. Nice hit piece.

John
Comment posted February 11, 2010 @ 2:30 pm

Glenn Beck is rotten to the core. He tried to frame her and failed! He's the worst of the worst. Debra Medina is a awesome candidate and very intelligent. I wish there was a Debra Medina in every state.

Debra Medina Glenn Beck - Nardu
Pingback posted February 11, 2010 @ 2:40 pm

[...] A Tea Party Truther Candidate Outed By Glenn Beck « The Washington Credit Glenn Beck for consistency. He booked Debra Medina, the out-of-nowhere Tea Party/Ron Paul candidate for governor of Texas and asked her to rebut rumors that she believed the… [...]

mepmep09
Comment posted February 11, 2010 @ 2:43 pm

That's a fair and legitimate point; one of the downsides of today's highly competitive and rapid response media is that inadequate time is alloted to allow for responses and counter-responses by the parties involved in a news event.

Here is a link to her Website – Debra Medina for Governor. The following is from her post specifically addressing the Beck interview:

I was asked a question on the Glenn Beck show today regarding my thoughts on the so-called 9/11 truth movement. I have never been involved with the 9/11 truth movement, and there is no doubt in my mind that Muslim terrorists flew planes into those buildings on 9/11. I have not seen any evidence nor have I ever believed that our government was involved or directed those individuals in any way. No one can deny that the events on 9/11 were a tragedy for all Americans and especially those families who lost loved ones.

The question surprised me because it's not relevant to this race or the issues facing Texans. This campaign has always been about private property rights and state sovereignty. It is focused on the issues facing Texans. It is not a vehicle for the 9-11 truth movement or any other group

chrisjay
Comment posted February 11, 2010 @ 3:29 pm

When the Birthers turned on Beck, he blamed it on the “liberals”

none of you wingnuts, from Beck to Medina to the Birthers (and Truthers), make a lick of sense. You are all utterly incoherent

spinnikerca
Comment posted February 11, 2010 @ 3:40 pm

What nonesense! “Outed!” Would he have asked Perry or Hutchison of they were truthers? Of course not. Even raising the issue was one of those 'have you stopped beating your wife lately' questions, to marginalize her, and if there was ever any doubt about where Glen Beck stood with the freedom movement, I think this lays that doubt to rest.

She said she had no knowledge and later adamantly clarified that she herself is not a truther, but said it was good for people to question the government. Why should she have to belittle people?

Ron Paul, whose campaign she was active in, also is not a truther, but has said the 9/11 commission didn't disclose how they could have known people were getting trained to take off and fly but not land planes, without that information getting where it needed to go. As a result, he'd support reopening the question, to solve the negligence issue. In Ron Paul's case, at least there is SOME relevance since he is a US Congressman who actually might be asked to vote on reopening such an investigation. The governor of Texas would not be presented with this question.

This was purely a 'prove you aren't as wacky as we are certain you are' type of question, and Beck showed his true colors.

spinnikerca
Comment posted February 11, 2010 @ 3:42 pm

… And speaking of showing true colors David, both here and on Maddow you have shown yours, as well.

Jeff Stewart
Comment posted February 11, 2010 @ 3:43 pm

Yeah, that better-late-than-never addition of her reply is great and all, but how 'bout revising the title of this “article”? Just smacks a wee bit of bias.

mepmep09
Comment posted February 11, 2010 @ 3:58 pm

I'd love to accommodate you – the use of the word Outed in this post's title is particularly inappropriate, in light of Ms. Medina's post-interview statement – but I'm just a commenter here, with no connection of any sort with Mr. Weigel. Never even met or communicated with the man, in fact, except via the comments here (which he may not even read, for all I know).

Fall in mortgage debt arrears | WITHOUTDEBTS.COM | Mortgage Finance Wisdom
Pingback posted February 11, 2010 @ 7:03 pm

[...] A Tea Party Truther Candidate Outed by Glenn Beck « The Washington … [...]

gadsdengurl
Comment posted February 11, 2010 @ 11:37 pm

Don't jump to conclusions. I think she said something akin to 'we'll never know even if it was'.

It's a waste of time issue in any case. Fun to read about, but not a valid issue to use in a campaign.

19jim400
Comment posted February 12, 2010 @ 5:25 pm

Stupid people give stupid answers.

ronj
Comment posted February 12, 2010 @ 6:54 pm

Glenn Beck??? Neo-constutionalist YES!! he gives lipservice but….. he's just another FAUX NEWS talkin head the same GB that conspires with the likes of Bill O' Riley and Hannity ……. DO YOU? Really need a talkin head to think for ya?? What the hell does 9/11 have to do with the governors race in TX?? He's so obviously trying to smear Medina in support of neocons like Perry & Bail-Out Baily. GB's a Plant He's there to win the minds of Tea-Party People and turn them into the Neo-Con Machine of the GOP……….It's so obvious……….

Translator
Comment posted February 13, 2010 @ 8:34 pm

Really disappointed in Beck, who is about the ultimate “you-can’t-trust-your-government” guy and espouses a fair number of milder conspiracies of his own. From what I know of Medina, she believes government, especially the governor of Texas, which is all that is relevant, isn’t up front and honest with the people and it is for this reason that she wants his job. I want transparent government. Obama promised that but has probably hid more spending than anyone and I think Medina represents the views of many of us who are tired of being robbed in taxes and get nothing in return.

Heck Sarah Palin wanted to reopen the 911 investigation, Clinton promised to disclose the top-secret Kennedy files (i.e. wanted to settle the conspiracy theory). Medina may not like being in the same boat as Clinton but people campaign on promises of transparency. It is foolish to expect her to do otherwise. I thought it was good answer.

I would have been suspicious if she had said “Hell no! I trust my government to tell me the truth and always do the right thing!” Now, that would have been lame. We have a checks and balances system because we KNOW that government tends to get caught with its hand in the cookie jar.

The Adventures of Debra “Kadabra” Medina « docweaselblog
Pingback posted February 14, 2010 @ 2:33 am

[...] spell my way I promise to go under it (Oh, hear this!) Cast your dancing spell my way I promise to go under it (Oh, hear [...]

Nevada Tea Party Bolts the GOP and Glenn Beck
Pingback posted February 15, 2010 @ 10:15 pm

[...] But why would the Tea Party split from the GOP, right after their happy Nashville convention headlined by Sarah Palin?  Well, who knows.  It’s probably been in the works for a while.  But last week, after libertarian gubernatorial candidate Deborah Medina polled only 4 points behind Kay Bailey Hutchinson, Glenn Beck torpedoed her as a 9/11 Truther just as he did Van Jones, cheered on by Hot Air and the Washington Independent. [...]

Nevada Tea Party Bolts the GOP and Glenn Beck | NEWS Gate
Pingback posted February 15, 2010 @ 10:35 pm

Sam_Holloway
Comment posted February 16, 2010 @ 5:29 am

Bingo, Ronj. There is no reason to give Beck credit for anything but staying on message as a propaganda agent of the GOP.

Yoshi
Comment posted February 17, 2010 @ 10:27 am

Why doesn't everyone here go and look at the pertinent questions surrounding 9-11 for themselves, rather than swallow the government's 9-11 myth? Glenn Beck is on Fox “news” to give the appearance that the mainstream media cares about your rights. One right of everybody here is the right to dissent. Glenn Beck says you can dissent over government spending and healthcare, but not the violent acts that it perpetrates on foreign citizens and american citizens or the corrupt Central Bank (Federal Reserve) that creates money out of nothing to loan to Congress. Glen Beck is a gatekeeper. You don't have to believe that there were explosives or energy weapons or the more far-fethced ideas, but you must admit that the mistakes made by our government needs a new investigation. 9-11 truth is about solving the most heinous crime on american soil (apart from the mass genocide of the native americans and the enslavement of the Africans), not about pride or ego. Remember this, television is the illusion, you are the reality. Can we say cognitive dissonance.

libroranger
Comment posted February 17, 2010 @ 2:10 pm

She said “So, I don't” meaning that she does not believe that the gvt had anything to do with it. Where is the controversy and why would Glenn Beck say that is a “yes”.

fred
Comment posted February 18, 2010 @ 11:49 am

Glenn Beck is a paid political hack for Rick Perry. Beck is also a consummate liar.
Sarah Palin was recorded at the WE ARE CHANGE rally last year stating that the 911 Commission needed to re look at the facts surrounding the events on 911. Funny Beck didn't Mention that when had Palin on his show, but BECK DID BLAST THE TEA PARTY MOVEMENT AS RIGHT WING EXTREMIST MILITIA GUN TOTING NUTS…This theme is all over Fox News and all the major news media. Think about it folks..they do not want a real person in office …

fred
Comment posted February 18, 2010 @ 4:49 pm

adidas originals
Comment posted June 2, 2010 @ 6:22 am

Thanks for this interesting post,i like it.

The Adventures of Debra "Kadabra" Medina
Pingback posted October 7, 2010 @ 3:21 pm

Brian Parent
Comment posted December 28, 2010 @ 11:24 pm

“The Tea Party Truther” group Facebook or RTR dot ORG. I would put you all to shame with everything I know surrounding 911 facts. I’ve been researching 911 for 5 years and made the National Dean’s List. However, it has gone way beyond 911 into things like Eugenics, Vote Fraud, destroying our Bill of Rights by suspending Habeas Corpus, The US Spy Bill HR 6304 Bill, or FISA’s secret courts and Militaru Commission’s Act a.k.a. Patriot Act where they can arrest you without a the right to a phone call, or public trial. Don’t forget Waterboarding at Guantonomo Bay.