‘And I’m Voting for Scott Lee Cohen’

Monday, February 08, 2010 at 8:33 am

Democrats have dodged a bullet in Illinois after Scott Lee Cohen, a pawnbroker who concealed a history of drug use and domestic violence until after he won the primary for lieutenant governor, dropped his bid. The Sun-Times story on his withdrawal — which happened at a Super Bowl party — paints a pretty good picture of the guy.

“None of my opponents called to congratulate me, not a senator, not a congressman, not one person called to congratulate me,” he said.

Asked if that hurt his feelings, Cohen said that lack of calls “showed me no respect. It absolutely hurt my feelings.”

You have to feel for Jason Kyle, whose image will now live forever as a proud endorser of a candidate who, in retrospect, practically oozed sleaze from every pore.

Categories & Tags: | | |

Comments

Tweets that mention ‘And I’m Voting for Scott Lee Cohen’ « The Washington Independent -- Topsy.com
Pingback posted February 8, 2010 @ 8:46 am

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by WashIndependent, TMC Member Feed. TMC Member Feed said: Wash. Independent: ‘And I’m Voting for Scott Lee Cohen’: Democrats have dodged a bullet in Illinois after Scott Le… http://bit.ly/9xKKXy [...]

fgfm
Comment posted February 8, 2010 @ 9:24 am

Well, you seemed to quit pretty fast once Mike Madigan called you!

Tony Lopez-Cisneros
Comment posted February 8, 2010 @ 12:37 pm

When I Was A Candidate For Congress In 2002 In Chicago, The Cohen Brothers–Scotty In Particular–Contributed To My Campaign.

Scotty Was The Most Generous Of The Cohen Brothers; As He Contributed A Couple Of Hundred Dollars To My Campaign.

His Oldest Brother, Larry, Was The One Who Referred Me To Scotty If I Needed Further Funding For My Campaign.

The MEDIA & Democratic Party Officials Have Done Scotty DIRTY !

They STUCK IT To A Very GENEROUS & CARING Individual.

MAY ALMIGHTY GOD AVENGE HIM OF THE EVIL THAT HAS BEEN DONE AGAINST HIM: AS ALMIGHTY GOD WILL AVENGE ALL THE EVIL DONE AGAINST EVERY INNOCENT MAN, WOMAN & CHILD !

mantis
Comment posted February 8, 2010 @ 1:24 pm

Tony,

If your comment here is any indication of how you campaign, I think the good people of the 4th district were right to decline to elect you as their representative.

Lay off the caps lock and threats of god's vengeance, crazy man.

ArchPundit | Fine Moments in Commenting
Pingback posted February 8, 2010 @ 1:48 pm

[...] From Dave Weigel’s blog: [...]

kennethetucker
Comment posted February 8, 2010 @ 2:29 pm

TLC re your comment: “Apart From His Personal & Marital Affairs; Which Should've NEVER Been Made PUBLIC: SCOTT LEE COHEN Was & IS A VERY GENEROUS & CARING MAN.”

Leaving out the raving old testament-y sky-god rhetoric, you comment sounds like the the obligatory sound bite from the next door neighbor of the serial killer/lunatic du jour : 'He was quiet, kept to himself, and kept a nice yard.' Never

Another 'take' on Scott Lee Cohen from Chicago: In Cohen's case,

'I imagine commentators all around the nation are looking at the Illinois lieutenant governor's race and shaking their heads, saying, “Only in Chicago could a guy who dates and threatens prostitutes, takes illegally-obtained steroids and tries to sexually assault his ex-wife win the Democratic nomination.

“it seems all the money he saved by not paying his taxes, water bills, child support, or getting his buildings up to code paid off in electoral victory. Cohen reportedly spent $2.5 million on the race, far out-stripping his many opponents in the Democratic primary.”

Hmmm… I'm guessing that Scott Lee would NOT have 'passed', or be Divinely 'approved', on a 'What Would Jesus Do' test on the basis of this information.

Tracy
Comment posted February 9, 2010 @ 1:28 pm

Ah, that's just Tony being Tony. He's been ranting like that for years now. Ask him about the Vatican if you really want to see him splutter.

Tracy
Comment posted February 9, 2010 @ 6:28 pm

Tonyin2002
Comment posted August 1, 2010 @ 4:41 pm

VOTED FOR SCOTT LEE COHEN. WILL VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN IF HE'S EVER ON THE BALLOT AGAIN ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

scorned ex
Comment posted October 30, 2010 @ 8:23 pm

I dated Jason Kyle and he is a slime ball just like Scott Lee Cohen. He cheated on me with several girls and then continued to call me after we broke even though he had a new girlfriend who was pregnant with his child. He is a loser in every sense of the word. It makes me sick to have to see him on tv or to hear his voice on the radio.

Jason Kyle
Comment posted July 7, 2011 @ 10:50 pm

This is Jason Kyle and I believe your name is Danielle Wh… wait…. can’t use your last name. Get a life I dated you like 10 years ago, and um wasn’t it you who wanted to meet up in brookfield while you had a bf and I was single? Nuff said.’