‘These Attacks Against the Tea Party Express Have Made Me Smile’

Monday, February 01, 2010 at 8:13 am

It was a big weekend for pushback from Tea Party groups that have been accused of exploiting their fellow activists. Not long after Tea Party Nation blasted its critics, singer Lloyd Marcus sent out this email under the Tea Party Express banner. The bulk of the email is after the jump; a long series of videos from Tea Parties have been cut out.

The other day I received an email from a friend who had heard some false and malicious attacks against the Tea Party Express.  He was concerned and wrote me to ask about it because I’ve been a part of the Tea Party Express since its inception last year.

When I was talking to the rest of our team about this email I found out that most everyone else had been approached by someone asking them similar questions about a whole range of rumors, accusations, allegations, smears and mischaracterizations of what we at the Tea Party Express are supposedly about.

Seems our friends in the liberal blogs and media outlets (including MSNBC, Media Matters, Huffington Post, TPM Muckracker, Mother Jones, and others) have been doing all sorts of attack hit pieces criticizing the tea party movement as a whole and the Tea Party Express in particular.

And the odd part is, these attacks against the Tea Party Express have made me smile.  You see, I realized that if the left wing bloggers and activists who like what Obama, Pelosi & Reid are doing weren’t worried about us in the tea party movement, they’d just ignore us.  The fact that the attacks have been stepped up against this movement as a whole the past several weeks shows me the impact we are making.

Here’s what I wrote to my team members at Tea Party Express in response to the attacks:

“You know TPX has become a powerful force when people take shots at you. GREAT WORK! (smile) All the best, Lloyd”

So I tell you what I’m going to do.  I’m going to send you an email in the next few days that will debunk all of the crazy attacks and smears being launched against us.

But first, instead of allowing our critics to define us, I thought I should start by showing you what we at the Tea Party Express are really all about.  We have a record upon which our promises and pledges to you, our supporters, can be evaluated.

I hope you will also please – FORWARD THIS TO YOUR FRIENDS.

I believe actions our speak louder than words of our critics.  Here are just a few of the actions that we at the Tea Party Express have undertaken thanks to your help and support.  This is our record of who we are, and we’re proud of it, and I can tell you that I won’t let anyone even try to rewrite this history!  Please share these videos  with your friends, so they too can learn what the Tea Party Express is all about.

Comments

uberVU - social comments
Trackback posted February 1, 2010 @ 12:07 pm

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by TWI_news: ‘These Attacks Against the Tea Party Express Have Made Me Smile’ http://bit.ly/aQzEqG...

monkey99
Comment posted February 1, 2010 @ 12:09 pm

Folk accuse the Dems of not being able to agree on issues, because they want inclusiveness, but the baggers can't agree because of the extremist nature of their “rank and file”. They never will, as long as they can't clean their own house.

Until they sweep the racists and extremists past the threshold of the front door, they'll have to live with the filth, and that precludes the “growing” nature of their “movement”.

Isabel J. Werts
Comment posted February 1, 2010 @ 1:19 pm

You did not answer their accusation that $850,000 went to GOP consultants.
Yes or No?

Nana

Worst Nightmare
Comment posted February 1, 2010 @ 5:49 pm

Hilarious. Can't wait to hear how they are going to legitimize a million dollars to Russo Marsh + Associates.

By-the-way, Lloyd Marcus didn't write that email. All emails from OCDB/TPE are written by Joe Wierzbicki and he just throws their name on them.

johhnyclown
Comment posted February 1, 2010 @ 9:40 pm

Cry babies , mean cry babies. That's what all you teabaggers are.

Worst Nightmare
Comment posted February 1, 2010 @ 10:49 pm

johhnyclown
Comment posted February 2, 2010 @ 2:40 am

Cry babies , mean cry babies. That's what all you teabaggers are.

Tweets that mention ‘These Attacks Against the Tea Party Express Have Made Me Smile’ « The Washington Independent -- Topsy.com
Pingback posted February 4, 2010 @ 1:37 pm

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Michael Searles, Shane Haidle, Elizabeth Milton, WashIndependent, Washington DC News and others. Washington DC News said: ‘These Attacks Against the Tea Party Express Have Made Me Smile’ http://dlvr.it/1734 [...]

Grvr_dvd
Comment posted October 21, 2010 @ 5:47 pm

The Tea Party is The Republican Party in their Halloween Costumes!

After the Election The costumes will come off and it will be one big happy party again.