Mike Pence: ‘I’ve Never Met a Spending Freeze I Didn’t Like’

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 at 1:23 pm

At a luncheon held at the Heritage Foundation, Rep. Mike Pence (R-Ind.) was cautiously open to the idea of a three-year non-defense discretionary spending freeze floated last night by the White House.

“I never met a spending freeze I didn’t like,” said Pence. The first he’d heard of the concept, he said, came at a December 2009 meeting at the White House when Republicans suggested it. Rather than dismissing the idea as a political stunt, Pence was ready to take some ownership of it. “I’d welcome a sincere attempt at a spending freeze.”

Pence also joked a bit about how the media covered conservatives. “The New York Times reported that there were a few thousand on the mall on 9/12,” said Pence. “Fox News reported that there were a billion.”

Comments

Swami_Binkinanda
Comment posted January 26, 2010 @ 5:05 pm

Good idea. I say we start by cutting federal funds going to Indiana and let the morons who keep electing sleazebags like Pence and Bayh live like their Amish brethren. Indiana-what is it good for, anyway?

Wonk Room » Shelby: A Commission Of ‘Citizens’ And ‘Presidential People’ Can Balance The Budget By Cutting Programs
Pingback posted January 26, 2010 @ 6:32 pm

[...] few Republicans have voiced cautious support for Obama’s spending freeze (including, of course, Sen. John McCain), but on Fox News today, [...]

Swami_Binkinanda
Comment posted January 26, 2010 @ 10:05 pm

Tweets that mention Mike Pence: ‘I’ve Never Met a Spending Freeze I Didn’t Like’ « The Washington Independent -- Topsy.com
Pingback posted January 27, 2010 @ 1:47 am

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Peter Suderman, WashIndependent and Washington DC News , TMC Member Feed. TMC Member Feed said: Wash. Independent: Mike Pence: ‘I’ve Never Met a Spending Freeze I Didn’t Like’: At a luncheon held at the Heritag… http://bit.ly/cknKYE [...]

louis vuitton handbags