GOP Candidate: ‘I Am Not Just Some Articulate, Clean, Well Spoken Negro’

Monday, January 11, 2010 at 9:18 am

I’ve spotlighted retired Lt. Col. Allen West as one of the GOP’s most credible African-American candidates for Congress this year–he lost a 2008 bid in his Florida district by 10 points, but is getting full support from the National Republican Congressional Committee this time. West’s response to the Harry Reid flap is the angriest one I’ve seen, a lengthy bill of complaints against Democrats as the party of “slavery, secession, segregation, and now socialism,” which “birthed” the Ku Klux Klan, and which keeps African-Americans in a kind of bondage.

“If President Obama had any courage he would demand Reid step down as Senate Majority Leader, and discontinue any support for his Senate reelection,” says West. “Notice I said ‘if.’ I am quite sure the Soros money which elevated Obama to the position of President has bought his servitude.”

Read the whole statement, and remember: West is one of the NRCC’s supported candidates, and a video of him talking about his  beliefs has, under-the-radar, gotten well over a million YouTube views. His appeal to the conservative base is reminiscent of the appeal someone like Rep. Alan Grayson (D-Fla.) has to liberals — fiery rhetoric, with the promise of more if he gets to Congress. If West was in Congress today, there’s no doubt he’d be drawing media attention for comments like these.

Greetings,

The revelation of Senator Harry Reid’s comments referencing “negro talk” is just indicative of the true sentiment elitist liberals, and indeed the Democratic party, have toward black Americans. The history of the Democrat party is one of slavery, secession, segregation, and now socialism. It is this new aged socialism born from the Johnson Great Society programs that have castigated blacks as victims needing government dependency. One need only to look upon the city of Detroit to ascertain what liberal social welfare policies have produced for the inner city… the new plantation for black Americans.

The Ku Klux Klan was birthed by the Democrats as a terrorist wing to intimidate blacks, and whites, who sought to promote economic and education independence and social justice for blacks. What was once overt has just morphed and become covert, yet still exists.

One can only imagine the insanity and media outrage if Reid’s quote had come from a member of the Republican party. I look forward to hearing from Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton on Reid’s comments… or has liberal hush money paid for the silence of these proprietors of poverty and victimization theory. Actually, if President Obama had any courage he would demand Reid step down as Senate Majority Leader, and discontinue any support for his Senate reelection… notice I said “if”. I am quite sure the Soros money which elevated Obama to the position of President has bought his servitude.

Why am I running for US Congress as a Republican? Simple. I would rather stand proudly and be called “an Uncle Tom and a sellout” than lose my self-esteem and be considered an inferior by liberals. I understand the legacy of the GOP and the black community… not the revisionist history espoused by liberal educators. I am not, shall never be, and will not raise my daughters to be a part of the liberal 21st century plantation. I am not just some articulate, clean, well spoken negro. I am an American warrior, Congressional candidate, and shall never submit to the collective progressive ideal of inferiority.

Senator Harry Reid’s comments are disgusting, despicable, and unacceptable. They are representative of how intellectual elite liberals do indeed speak of black Americans in their closed private spaces. Next week I have been invited to NYC to address the Hudson Institute, a conservative organization, conference on “Reclaiming American Liberty”. That invite came to me because I took advantage of the opportunities this great Republic offered. I followed the guidance of my parents and set my standards above all others around me. I speak well and have impeccable communicative skills because my Father and Mother prioritized that quality.

I shiver to think what my future could have been if I listened to the insidious rhetoric of charlatans such as Harry Reid, and the ambassadors of affirmative action who reside in the Congressional Black Caucus.

Sure, the “stuck on stupid” blacks are going to address me in derogatory names, but I possess something which they lack; Honor, Integrity, and Character. To them I say, continue to be slaves to the liberals for your vote… and in a year you will be calling me Congressman West.

Steadfast and Loyal,
LTC(R) Allen B West

Comments

webcelt
Comment posted January 11, 2010 @ 12:23 pm

West, desperate to explain his membership in a party that alienates blacks, wants to pretend the Democrats are still the party of the old South, and the whole 20th century didn't happen. Those southern white conservatives are now the core of the Republican party, and there's no point pretending they're still Democrats.

lkt
Comment posted January 11, 2010 @ 1:02 pm

Two words for Allen West: Negro please!

chrisjay
Comment posted January 11, 2010 @ 1:44 pm

Colin Powell could've uttered the exact same soundbite 8 yrs ago:
fat lot of good it would have done him, just ask Rush Limbaugh!

Mariamante
Comment posted January 11, 2010 @ 4:16 pm

Wow, these days it takes a brave man go against the tide! Marxists have corralled this segment of the population in America like no other. They do the same thing to indians in South America. Every other major ethnic group in America has at least some ties both parties. Even hispanics, who prioritize immgration issues that Democrats pretend to completely submit to, have Republican representatives.

Most Democrat initiatives such as immigration, welfare, taxation, regulation, have brought demise to black populations, yet they never question. Why is there no mention in the media of the fact that blacks are currently the worst affected by the economic recession? Why are there so many black babies being aborted, by the Democrats golden goose, the racist Planned Parenthood? http://www.blackgenocide.org

What has our “black” president done to provide tangible improvements in black communties? Nothing.

The indians in South America don't questions why they aren't in a better economic situation either. They are simply satisfied with the deception of being empowered. It is low self esteem that allows people to be used like toilet paper.

Unfortunately in America, the real Uncle Tom's will crack the whip against those who stray from the party lines. As a hispanic American, I can tell you that doesn't happen in American Hispanic communities. May God help us.

donh
Comment posted January 11, 2010 @ 4:33 pm

Did you Hear Harry Read Defend himself at his tent revival? He basically said I am not a racist because I have many black friends. Then he named all the people who telephones their support…President Obama, Merve Dymally, Julian Bond, and Eric Holder……These are all Cafe Ole skinned blacks ! What a Joke !

GOP Candidate: ‘I Am Not Just Some Articulate, Clean, Well Spoken Negro’ « ~ THE GUNNY "G" BLOGS ONLINE ~ NEWS-VIEWS-BS, AND WORSE!
Pingback posted January 11, 2010 @ 4:34 pm

[...] Well Spoken Negro’ Monday, January 11, 2010 4:25:30 PM · by mgist · 7 replies · 137+ views WashintonIndependent ^ | 11/11/10 | Weigel GOP Candidate: ‘I Am Not Just Some Articulate, Clean, Well Spoken Negro’ [...]

chrisjay
Comment posted January 11, 2010 @ 4:44 pm

“brought demise to black populations…” , “Marxists…”—–what comically-twisted pamphlets are you reading from, Maria?
So, South American “indians” are susceptible to the “Marxist” scourge, but not American Hispanics? Even though you imply that “Marxists” are all around us? Sounds like you think in terms of ethnic superiority & inferiority—–typical Republican.

satch
Comment posted January 11, 2010 @ 8:29 pm

Oh, great. The Republican Party's new slogan might as well be: “Vote for us, we're still against slavery.” Yeah…that'll work.

Mariamante
Comment posted January 11, 2010 @ 9:19 pm

Brother, I think in terms of my real life experience. If I thought only in terms of inferiority I wouldn't even bother to post. I care, and I am saddened by the deception that has been done to black Americans.

Do you really think that Obama suddenly had a streak of luck and became President out of nowhere?

I believe Soros when he said the “Democrat party is bought and paid for”.

There are plenty of great African Americans who think like I do, but the media is terrified to give them a voice.

I grew up in a different country and I've seen it all before. I am a God loving person who knows that the least is the greatest, and the devil is deceptive.
Yes, some people are prey to Marxism because our human pride allows it.
When someone says it is someone else's fault, that is easy. When it is someone else's fault, you have no control, you can't change. If God told us all things are possible in Him, I accepted that? My family came here with nothing. I now have everything, even a place to go when this nation fails.

I pray the Holy Spirit Enlighten you. I want you to have what I have. To do that you need sacrifice and truth.

The Democrat Party promised black women to be their Sugar Daddy, and rendered black men meaningless in the process. I lived it as my friends started having babies with no concern about the fathers. Soros, Obama's primary supporters is a illegal drug lobbyist. Do you have any idea the damage that drugs have done to black communities?

Thttp://www.aim.org/special-report/the-hidden-soros-agenda-drugs-money-the-media-and-political-power/

The damage done to black families is endless.

As someone who knows the importance of family, that breaks my heart.

rob fuller
Comment posted January 11, 2010 @ 10:44 pm

Ha. Not really a a calm, measured, statesmanly tone in Mr. West's statement. A little too much grandstanding if he wants to be taken seriously across the board. He does make many excellent points if you listen to him, but he's pathetically backward, superstitious, ignorant and unrealistic regarding Israel–the cause, arguably, of an enormous part, if not the majority, of the disaster our country is presently in.

Study some history, Mr. West, and then study some more. There have been a lot of books written since the Bible. God's great. So is having a foreign policy other than bullying, starving and bombing relatively helpless people, or picking up the tab for a country that does these things. You want to take money out of your own bank account and send it to some government in a distant land with a dismal human rights record, go ahead. But what you're proposing is to confiscate money from the American public and do this. Like I said, read some books. Till then, pipe down.

The references to Republican v Democrats in this discussion thread are a sad, sad, joke. Study policies, for chrissakes, you bunch of imbeciles. This isn't a football game, this is whether or not you can afford to stay in your house next year, whether or not we get an outright police state in the next few years, whether you get to keep your own paycheck, whether your earnings and savings maintain any vestige of their value, etc., etc.

GoodBoys Nation - Archives » Shameless
Pingback posted January 12, 2010 @ 2:02 am

[...] Here’s an African-American who’s not afraid to speak the truth. [...]

chrisjay
Comment posted January 12, 2010 @ 2:24 pm

Sister, I have worked and travelled in Mexico and Central America and I categorically reject your strange ideas about “Marxists” in that region, “Marxists” in USA, Soros-conspiracies, and especially your condescending views regarding black Americans; btw, regarding your implication that my views are the result of an inferior spirituality—you should be careful about spiritual pride. Tell you what:I'll pray for you.

GoFaster58
Comment posted January 12, 2010 @ 5:34 pm

WEST IS THE BEST! Go Allen!

rachelRRR
Comment posted January 13, 2010 @ 2:12 pm

THE REPULICAN PARTY WAS AGAINST SLAVERY MORON… EVEN IF U KNOW NOTHING YOU SHOULD AT LEAST BE AWARE OF THE FACT THAT LINCOLN WAS A LEADER IN ABOLISHING SLAVERY… A REPUBLICAN LEADER.

rachelRRR
Comment posted January 13, 2010 @ 7:12 pm

adidas originals
Comment posted June 4, 2010 @ 8:00 am

Thanks for this interesting post,i like it.

louis vuitton handbags
Comment posted July 27, 2010 @ 2:43 pm

louis vuitton handbags
Comment posted July 27, 2010 @ 2:43 pm

louis vuitton
Comment posted July 27, 2010 @ 2:45 pm

louis vuitton
Comment posted July 27, 2010 @ 2:45 pm

Impertinent
Comment posted November 7, 2010 @ 2:14 am

How do you like him now…you insufferable putz.

World Spinner
Trackback posted November 8, 2010 @ 5:39 am

GOP Candidate: 'I Am Not Just Some Articulate, Clean, Well Spoken ……

Here at World Spinner we are debating the same thing……