McConnell: Not Acceptable to Pass Unemployment Extension Without GOP Amendments

Monday, October 26, 2009 at 6:31 pm

This afternoon, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) squared off on the chamber floor over how to proceed on legislation to extend unemployment benefits at least 14 weeks. Needless to say, they failed to reach an agreement, with McConnell rejecting Reid’s motion to scrap tomorrow’s cloture vote and move directly to the bill, and Reid declining a counter-proposal to move to an alternative bill offered by McConnell.

Observers of the weeks-long debate might not be surprised to learn that the sticking points remain the same: McConnell is insisting on consideration of an amendment to prevent ACORN from receiving federal funds, and another designed to filter illegal immigrants out of the workforce. The Kentucky Republican said the eight amendments Republicans are offering won’t take much longer to consider than the six provisions Reid has proposed on behalf of Democrats.

“Under my consent agreement,” McConnell said, “we would finish about as rapidly as we would under the consent agreement that the majority leader just propounded.”

Reid didn’t bite, citing the two controversial amendments, which Democrats say are unrelated to the underlying proposal.

“I see no reason that we have to do immigration on this bill — that’s what E-Verify is all about,” Reid said. “I don’t know how many more times we have to pound on ACORN — we’ve voted on that many times already.”

Reid then asked for McConnell’s consent to pass the unemployment extension without any amendments at all. McConnell’s response:

There’s no reason why we can’t reach an agreement to take up the underlying bill with a limited number of [amendments], and finish the bill expeditiously. Simply cutting people off and not allowing any amendments at all is not an acceptable approach for the minority, therefore I object.

Comments

Tweets that mention McConnell: Not Acceptable to Pass Unemployment Extension Without GOP Amendments « The Washington Independent -- Topsy.com
Pingback posted October 26, 2009 @ 7:36 pm

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by TMC Member Feed, Gregory Dykes. Gregory Dykes said: @RightWingTurds http://bit.ly/28dZGs [...]

jh443
Comment posted October 26, 2009 @ 11:06 pm

I don't care which version you pass – just DO it already!!!

jh443
Comment posted October 26, 2009 @ 11:07 pm

And why do the Dems even care what the GOP wants? They've got the majority – USE it!

concernedpeople
Comment posted October 26, 2009 @ 11:21 pm

People are losing housing, can't provide meals to families, and are unable to meet bills. Pass the G.D. extension… and stop being self-centered Aholes!

BrokeandBroken
Comment posted October 26, 2009 @ 11:33 pm

They are going to have to pass another one in 14 weeks, maybe they should start on it now so that they will have it done in time.

strangely_enough
Comment posted October 26, 2009 @ 11:46 pm

They must not have many unemployeds in Kentucky (that Mitch knows of).

donlogue
Comment posted October 26, 2009 @ 11:51 pm

It is important that we all put pressure on the Senators now! Tomorrow 10/27/09 is the vote. Everyone please contact Senators(especially Mitch McConnell (Ky), Jon Kyl (Az), Harry Reid (Nv) and John Isakson (Ga.)) and demand they pass this bill ASAP!!

james
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 12:12 am

i'm from ky and mitch mcconnell is a prick who wont listen to anybody. he is not for the people just like the other republicans.

james
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 12:14 am

i personally will never vote for a republican again!!!!

MK
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 12:16 am

WTF! Shame on the republicans! Holding people hostage like this is unimaginable. Please remember this nonsense and politicking when the next elections come around! VOTE OUT ALL REPUBLICANS!

karen1965
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 12:26 am

Well I just had the process server hand me my evicton notice. I am angry and depressed and very close to doing all sorts of normally unthinkable things. But Republican and Democrat leaders alike I promise you two things. Come election time I will begin a grass roots program to remind every unemployed individual about the past few months and you will never have to worry about this person depending on my government to help me again. I heard on the news we just sent a few million dollars in aid to some country overseas. LOL. I will Prostitute, sell drugs, become a politician but I will not be dependent upon the system that I have paid into for over 24 years. Once again God Bless the USA

tryin2feedmyfamily
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 1:16 am

I guess if you have enough money to play with other people lives you can take forever passing this bill,but if we were another country needing help they would pass it giving billions in aid.I wonder who's paying for all theses wars we are in.I was taught take care of home before you take care of your neighbors.Think about it all you politicians will run for office AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Family Pharmacy: an Independent Pharmacy to Serve your Family | Pharmacy Info 4 You
Pingback posted October 27, 2009 @ 2:21 am

[...] McConnell: Not Acceptable to Pass Unemployment Extension Without … [...]

Washington DC Adult Entertainment: mcconnell: Not Acceptable to Pass Unemployment Extension Without GOP Amendments | Only Washington Dc Escorts Info.
Pingback posted October 27, 2009 @ 3:25 am

[...] See the full article from “The Washington Independent” [...]

cheesphht
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 2:41 am

I guess this could be called self term limitation. I don't know what he's thinking with but he's not going to go back to DC next time his ticket is up. I know people have short memories but this sticks in their minds as revenge and revenge is a dish best served cold.

Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 2:21 pm

For the Life of Me I just don’t understand the logic in Ronald McDonald’s (McConnell’s) statement. Oh Yes, it’s because he has no worries. He suffers not. But he must realize his job is at stake. I’d like to tie him to a stake. What a Silver Spoon attitude he has. In short…What an ASS!!

Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 2:24 pm

Karen1965 – I have said a prayer for you. I feel your pain and frustration. And yes you are right, people are NOW turning to unthinkable things in order to survive. What choice do we have?

Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 2:29 pm

Maybe these senators who are stalling the benefits don’t have unemployment in their states? You think? I know one thing I’ll never vote for another republican ever! They should be in our shoes not knowing if you can put food on the table from week to week.

Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 2:35 pm

I understand McConnell’s problem with immigration. Our country would have been much better off if his ancestors would have stayed put, and practiced stricter birth control.

pleasegimmeajob
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 9:49 am

We must pray now….

Dear Jesus, i pray for you and everyone in heaven, i hope that they are just as happy as i am.

I pray that one day we can all get along and be happy together.

I pray for people that are not as kind that they become closer to you and everyone around them.

I pray for people that have less or nothing that they can still be happy even though they don't have what they need.

Im thankful for what i have and what i will receive in the future.

I thank you for the people in my life, the things that i have, love that i give and receive, and giving me the chance to love and forgive one another.

I thank you for my health, so i can live to be a better person everyday, i thank you for my legs, so i can walk on your beautiful earth, i thank you for my eyes, so i can see the beautiful things in life, and i thank you for letting me be me.

Please bless those in need and bless thoughs that are suffering, that they can be healed by death or medicen.

You are our leader, our savior. our God. You sacrificed your life for us and asked for nothing in return

Amen

mikal58
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 10:31 am

Whoever runs against Mitch MCConnell Im available to serve and will work with you to get this piece of crap excuse for a public servant out of office.

Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 4:19 pm

Im commenting from Michigan where we have the highest unemployment in the nation.How is it possible that a couple people and their petty childish games decides whether people can feed their families or not.Im sure the republicans will start listening when all of the people who worked hard for many years start turning to crime to eat..Afterall what choice have u left them..These idiots need to put themselves in real peoples shoes for once.

Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 4:48 pm

For Gosh Sakes just pass the darn bill. There are 60 Democrat votes it does not matter if 1 Republican votes for it or not. The bill does not need their endorsement or their amendments. I have 3 weeks left in my unemployment and have sent out over 200 resumes, did countless interviews, lowered my salary expectations from the $150k that I was making all the way down to $18k. I helped vote the Democrats into office and now I darn well want to see some action.

comeonalreadySENATE
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 11:51 am

I think Senator Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) needs to get his head out of his ass!! I only hope one day he is without a job and cant feed his family and loses his home!!

Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 4:54 pm

Oh and I forgot to mention that not one member of Congress is facing losing their house or not being able to feed their family. I want to see one of them go to the Salvation Army like I did with my hat in my hand and ask for a meal. It is the most humbling experience to once have had everything and now be in a position that you have to essentially beg for a meal. Even though the folks at the Salvation Army did a great job of not making me feel like a low life. They are the true heros here, them and all the others who are helping the needy. If I get back on my feet I for one will be doing everything I can to help those in need as I have been helped.

Mike A.
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 4:55 pm

I hope this, and all future extensions, can be blocked. They just want to buy votes for Maobama after his trashing of the economy.
The way to get economy back is not to pay people NOT to work! No need to look for a job if the taxpayers will pay your mortgage, is there?

As for you ingrates who will only vote for people who put stuff in your hand, it is time that we limited voting only to taxpaying citizens. If you do not have a stake in society you have no right to choose our leaders.

Everyone should pay taxes, then maybe you’d think twice about this nonsense.

Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 5:01 pm

What the hell is the matter with you people?

Where is this money supposed to come from?

Do you think this money grows on tree?

We can’t keep printing greenbacks, unless you prefer to see EVERYONE without a job.

The more FREE MONEY Obama passes out, the worse this situation becomes.

You think it’s bad now? Just wait.

You produce NOTHING, yet you expect other people to work and give you part of their life’s work.

Keep voting for Democrats – you will get higher taxes, more unemployment, a pittance for welfare (after bureaucrats take their 65% cut), more diversity, more hate

Mike B
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 5:25 pm

Uninformed people like yourself turn my stomach. Perhaps if you had a remedial education you would understand that this is INSURANCE! This is not a taxpayer funded handout, like what the wall street institutions received. Unless of course, the Republicans get their way and get the funding transferred from businesses (the very same ones who outsource the work to foreign countries) to the stimulus bill (then it would be TAXPAYER dollars). Also, genius, I pay tax on my unemployment…so you can take your tax dollars and maybe buy yourself an education!

austin316
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 1:24 pm

If only McConnell's family members were unemployed, i bet he'd see this in a different light and pass this bill asap..he's a jerk and hope one day he can stand in our shoes and suffer like we suffer and see for himself what it feels like…

rickroberts
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 1:46 pm

Why does Harry even argue with the clowns? We have 60 votes for cloture. End debate, move it to the floor, and pass it already.

alexanderincalifornia
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 1:49 pm

McConnell is married to former labor secretary Elaine Chao. You would think his wife would (during pillow talk) say “Hey, Mitch….let the bill pass now and deal with the other issues later” Or something like “You need to know the unemployment situation is really bad and you must have sympathy for the unemployed” As a Republican, I like to think my party has a heart and soul, but I am having real doubts.
I just tried to leave a message on the GOP voicemail and it was full. Wake up Mr Steele. You are supposed to be the loyal opposition party, not the kick em while they are down party.

Jeff M
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 3:56 pm

Jesus has quite obviously chosen to not get involved in this one. Can't say that I blame him.

Keith_Fin
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 4:11 pm

Hanaj and Mike A,I dont think you understand how the system works..Its clearly not “free money”..We the people pay taxes just for this problem.Ive been working for the past 18 years and support this unemployment extension 110 %.You have to think about the people who are having problems feeding their families.Last time i checked,the Reps where in the house when this whole mess started.The Dems have to fix this problem that your reps made.Have you people ever been hungry before? When i say that, i mean by not knowing where your next meal is coming from.Show some class Mike A! Bush is the reason why this economy is trashed ,not the Presidents.I know this dosnt change your veiws of this situation but it will once somebody in your family gets robbed cause they cant afford to feed their family.DONT BE APART OF THE PROBLEM,IF YOU DONT HAVE A SOLUTION FOR THE PROBLEM!!!

Jeff M
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 4:15 pm

I agree with Mike B… you are grossly uniformed, not to mention short-sighted and ignorant. The Republicans along with their Wall Street bed fellows trashed the economy a long time ago. We're now experiencing the fallout from their actions which have been motivated by nothing more or less than greed! In fact, most everything the Wall Street bailout was supposed to prevent has happened in spite of the bailout. It's really not complicated… well, except for you anyway. The upside… if ignorance truly is bliss, than you should be very, very happy!

Keith_Fin
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 4:17 pm

YOUR AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

pleasegimmeajob
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 4:26 pm

Barack Obama Took on more than he realized he was dealing with…and he is trying his best….so please dont put him down, he just has too may issues to deal with….and the repubes are trying to make him look bad…6PM ON 10/27 09 WILL BE THE VOTE AND WE MUST PRAY THE UNEMPLOYMENT ISSUE IS ADDRESSED RAPIDLY AND SWIFTLY…I dont like a hand out but its all I have to count on or, maybe a life of crime then when i get caught I will have 3 meals a day of soy meat and egg beaters…but I wont bend over in the shower..if the soap drops it drops….now we must pray….AMEN

pleasegimmeajob
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 5:23 pm

YOU ARE CORRECT!!!

pleasegimmeajob
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 5:29 pm

I GET THE IDEA YOU HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT THE GIFTS FOR CHRISTMAS AND DONT HAVE ANY KIDS AND HAVE A GOOD JOB TODAY,,WHAT HAPPENS FRIDAY WHEN YOU GET LAID OFF ???YOU WILL BE HERE JUST LIKE US…WE PAID TAXES AND ARE NOT TRYING TO MILK THE SYSTEM…WE WANT A JOB…AND I URGE EVERYONE TO BUY AMERICAN MADE….FOR THE WORKING MAN….YOU ARE IGNORANT MIKE A…..I HAVE A LMP OF COAL AND A HAMMER FOR YOU FOR XMAS….HAVE A NICE LIFE WHILE YOU HAVE IT….MAY GOD BLESS YOU

afraidinmich
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 5:35 pm

Mike A – You working right? Paying your bills right? Buying food right? Putting gas in your car right? Well Mike A, I can't do any of those things!! And I have been trying to find a job every single day!! Every Day!! Wendy's, McDonald's, Burger King, WalMart, KMart, Target…Name em Damn It I've applied!! And I've got skills, If you live in Michigan (Metro Detroit) and if you need an Admin. Assistant, Office Manager or clerical support then hire me so I won't bitch about an extension. I'm not looking for a handout just a frickin' chance to survive. Create jobs for all of us so we won't get on your nerves or in your pocket. If you can't do that then shut the ____ up!

jay1881
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 5:43 pm

Are you an id10t or what? You must have a job and dont have a clue.

afraidinmich
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 5:48 pm

Another one who still has a job…still paying his bills…still eating…still paying the rent. Another who can't understand….

what its like to have worked all your life and suddenly find yourself not being to pay anything. Not because you're lazy or want a handout but because JOBS are GONE. Perhaps the Survival Crimes that's being forced on people won't reach you hanaj

afraidinmich
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 5:49 pm

Three meals a day. That sounds so nice. I used to know about that.

afraidinmich
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 5:53 pm

Amen

pleasegimmeajob
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 6:01 pm

BUT IF ITS ITS IN JAIL?

afraidinmich
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 6:28 pm

I used to fix three meals a day when my kids were little (grown now). You know, when things were good, when I went to work everyday. And cashed my check on Friday, and paid my bills, and maybe just maybe went to a movie over the weekend. When things were good :)

But as a matter of survival….yes I'll steal some bread and lunchmeat rather than starve. But I hope and pray that things turn around for this country (JOBS, JOBS, JOBS). And yes I might just hit Kyl in the head and take his wallet (It's loaded) to make sure my nieces get their medication and peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Yeah if push came to shove, I'd do what I have to.

stumpwinters
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 7:27 pm

We are so speedy to help other countries but forget our own, while you go home, eat a great meal, sit back watch tv or whatever, there are people in our own great country, with no home, no food, nothing, from no reason of their own, yet you people sit up there arguing about how to pay for this and that dang stimulus bill sailed on thru, hurting our kids for the rest of their lives, now people in our country are in serious need and all ya'll do is bicker, just wait to election time, I bet none of us bicker on who we try and vote out to the real dang world, so enjoy while you can.

vote independent
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 8:00 pm

hanaj,
Yep money is paper and where does paper come from…yep spoken like the true jerk!
What do you produce? except a waste of space. Im a college educated man and have probably paid more taxes then you ever will!
I want all that FREE money just like all the politicians in washington get from the lobbyist and from our taxes..these people are suppose to represent our needs, yeah right!
Your the one thats brain washed into that bullshit about how your taxes will go up if they print to much $$. Dollars are a tool to pay a debt, money use to be on a gold standard..now its just a legal tender!!
When the repubs are against something “oh we can't afford that”,but they bail out there banker buddies,when there for something they lie and tell you your taxes wont go up! your the one that is brain washed!
Im so sick of people throwing around that question about; “where is the money suppose to come from?” like all of a sudden there experts in politics and the money somehow vanished overnight!!!

Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 8:01 pm

No more benefits. Cut these fat lazy people off.

Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 8:03 pm

Sounds like you need a fin slap. No more benefits. Get off your duff and get a job.

Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 8:07 pm

I think you should leave the country. You sound like a praying blo hard. No more benefits, cut it all off. More money for weapons to nuke the mid east. PRAY FOR THAT. AMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNN

Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 8:11 pm

They are lazy people using the system. Get real. NO MORE ENTITLEMENT BENEFITS. Get a job at the Golden Arches, burger king. Go flip a burger.

JOHNSON

vote independent
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 8:24 pm

To mike A. & hanaj,
You both should attempt to know the facts before you try to comment on politics.
Im no expert but I know for a fact that unemployment “insurance” has been paid by employers(not employee's) at about $14 a year per employee for the last 30 years.
Thats put into a kitty by respective states to cover the unemployed form time to time, thats billions of dollars just sitting there! yep its even there for you, unless you don't have a social security card and cant produce a work history.
There won't be one dime of your tax dollars going in my or anyone elses pocket!
So just go to work and feed your family and STFU!!!
Unless theres anything else I can help you with??
By the way mike A. my family goes back over 100 years in this country!
And yes I file a tax return every year!!
you can't get benfits if you didnt work and pay taxes moron!
Some people should think before they speak and decide to put down other hard working citizens..
I could tell you more but you get the Idea,you guys are hit and run anyway! I doubt you will be back to see this, I can only hope!!!!

vote independent
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 8:30 pm

Last post applys to you too, conservative985….I am 48 years old and just graduated college in june, and I only weigh 175lbs @ 6' Im not fat nor lazy!
just without a job, and I would never even be reading these news articles if I had a job yet..why are you here?
The bill will pass tomorrow! and they don't need your help…

vote independent

Sen. Lindsey Graham [R, SC]
Sen. Orrin Hatch [R, UT]
Sen. James Inhofe [R, OK]
Sen. Jefferson Sessions [R, AL]
Sen. David Vitter [R, LA]
Sen. Roger Wicker [R, MS]

What a surprise all republicans that will get to go home and stuff there fat faces..
I really don't have a problem with republicans as im an independent, conservative on some things and liberal on others Im “center right” if there were dems there it would apply to them too.
Nope mcdonalds isnt hiring not even pizza delivery or news paper routes but you knucke heads wouldn't know that unless you had to be looking for a job!!
So I take my Coffee and toast many years of unemployment to ya!!! Cheers!

holybull77
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 9:01 pm

These people we voted in office are cluless. it won't be long before we are a third world country. The USA is a JOKE! Im moving to Canada. good luck to all you dopes that have faith in our system.

holybull77
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 9:09 pm

to conservative 985.
Kyl voted to pass the bill. I agree Kyl for president. You keep working and paying
40% of your paycheck so I can use your cash for unemplyment, free food, vacations. Im enjoying a nice cigar paid for by you working stiff. Keep up the hard work. I'll be sleeping in and relaxing on the couch tomorrow,
have a nice night… SUCKER!!!!!!

Enough09
Comment posted October 27, 2009 @ 10:33 pm

The Republican Party is a failed Party. For 8 yrs. they were not concerned about how things were to be paid for. When asked about the deficit, Cheny said don't worry about it. Years of Tax cuts (entitlements to the rich) on borrowed money and now they are concerned? Now they want to yell the sky is fallening?If they were not objecting to something, no body woud know who they were since they got nothing. No wonder only 20% of the country associates with being Republican….as far as McConnell is concerned, he looks like a old hen who's chicks have left her never to return.

Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 12:33 am

u sound like a negro

Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 12:35 am

Are u white

Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 12:36 am

You need a hand job.

Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 12:39 am

Another couch potato that watches springer, let's make a deal and wheel of
fortune. What ya gonna do when this extension runs out, file for welfare and section 8 housing, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

vote independent
Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 1:01 am

I can tell your not to educated, and your a disgrace to conservatives.

is that the best you can do to make youe case? get racial?
Yep you will be unemployeed one day too…that is if you even have a job!
BTW: They don't do unemployment audits..
your work history is verified when you apply….
Do you even know what conservative means?
what is your reason for not wanted benefits extended because being fat and lazy…sounds like a personal problem..
hahahahahahaha unemployment audit!!!! Go back and get your G.E.D.

12Cinderella02
Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 1:21 am

(HICKORY DICKORY DOC THE MOUSE RAN UP THE CLOCK) THEIR PLAYIN CHILD – LIKE GAMES DURING A RECESSION? R U KIDDING ME!!!!! I'M APPAULED & OUTREGED, THIS IS BEING ALLOWED FROM OUR LEADERS.

Um_HELLO_questionmark
Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 1:31 am

Yeah!

Is it possible that both parties might have your interest because they want to confuse all of us? Look into it. If you want to get an unbiased opinion you can usually find out about it on the (for now) unbiased opinion on the www.

Good Luck.
N

12Cinderella02
Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 1:43 am

As SERIOUS as THIS situation is you gave me the BEST laugh. That was funny as hell. It's so hard to smile, during this recession THEY CLAIM IS OVER.( YEAH RIGHT).

12Cinderella02
Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 1:51 am

THE REPUBLICANS ARE MAKING IT BAD INTENTIONALLY…(PERIOD) THERE IS NOWAY IN GODS NAME IMMIGRATION OR HOUSING CREDIT , OR ANY OTHER AMMENDMENT. SHOULD HOLD UP PASSAGE., YOU MEAN TO TELL ME I'M CONFUSED? THIS BILL SHOULD OF BEEN PASSED, WHEN YOU HAVE HUMAN BEINGS SUFFERING IN YOUR OWN BACKYARD. COME ON, TAKE A LOOK AROUND. BUT GO TO OTHER COUNTRIES & BIG CORPORATIONS ETC…. AND JUST FUCK MONEY UP, BY THE BILLIONS? NOT CONFUSED.

donaldopeoples
Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 5:03 am

Remember the unlucky 13 Senators who, in the infinite wisdom, voted to stall the benefit extension yesterday:
Sen. John Barrasso (R-WY) [6.8%]
Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK)[6.7%]
Sen. Jefferson Sessions (R-AL) [10.7%]
Sen. David Vitter (R-LA) [7.4%]
Sen. Roger Wicker (R-MS) [9.2%]

pleasegimmeajob
Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 5:26 am

I assume you have a good job …I lost mine due to the recession like others here…so when it all trickles down to your business or your company not being able to have consumers to pay for your services you will be just like us…I dont want a hand out I want to work…..BTW I had a great job 27 yrs with the same Company….I bet you dont even buy “American Made”

pleasegimmeajob
Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 6:14 am

READ ABOUT THE CLOTURE PASSAGE AT

IT STILL IS NOT FINAL

pleasegimmeajob
Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 7:28 am

New Blog

Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 10:06 am

I think you need a Johnson. Deport illegals, cut off welfare, cut off food stamps, cut of section 8 housing. If they get out of hand, use a firing squad. The republicans are the best thing that ever happened to this country. If you don't like it lazy ass, then leave. You need a good kick in the rear to shape you up. Have a nice day, Johnson

Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 10:10 am

These are the stars of the party. Got to love em. Now get off your lazy ass and look for a job. You need a good kick in the ass.

Johnson

Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 10:15 am

Cut the lazy ass entitlement programs, unemployment bennys, welfare for the fat mamas, section 8 housing, foodstamps. Deport all the illegals, death row criminals need execution by firing squad or electric beachers. Just think of all the extra money for the weapons to take out the mideast. Nuke em and take all their oil. Close every mosque and turn it into a synagogue. Answer for all your prayers.

georgewashington1776
Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 10:49 am

Con895 – Stupid ass born with a silverspoon in your mouth. What about your heros Bush & Cheney? what do you plan to do with them? Your ass opens and starts talking before your brain works. It was Rep. policy that fucked up this country. A war that Cheney needed and millions of our jobs sent to China. Until you know what it's like to be out of a job and risk losing the little you have left shut your ass up. This is a Democratic congress and White House so go play with your conservative ass and shut up!

Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 10:55 am

The way the dems are running things it won't last for long. Time for your bath and baby powder. Better go out and get another box of depends, waaaa.
Who loves ya baby? Johnson does

georgewashington1776
Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 11:01 am

Con895 – Lets give a few more billions to Iraq and cut off tax paying Americans here at home. Dumb ass typical Republican thinking that screwed this country up. For a moron who isn't lazy you sure post on here a lot or aren't you working today ass head?

donaldopeoples
Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 11:09 am

Funny how the so called “Conservatives” on this thread are the first one's in line with their hands out when Daddy sells the business.

M. Via
Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 11:40 am

Bye bye GOP. Nothing like cutting people money during a deep recesion to convert hard line GOP members like my parents and some coworkers who lost their job to the Democratic party. My parents who are struggling have vowed to never vote GOP again, I can't remember the last time they said anything against the party no matter how stupid the things they did. They even came to tolerate Sara Palin as an indiate but as long as she was only VP they found it dealable.

Repuplicans out to be for helping people rather than greed. Its what got us in this mess. I really can't say a party is very religous if they do not want to help people, sounds like a front to me.

vote independent
Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 12:51 pm

To mike A. & hanaj & Con895
Hey Con895, I think you need to read this again, or maybe its to much info for your pea-brain to process!

Im Still laughing about your “wait till the unemployment audit” comes knocking on your door…..hahahahaha too funny, you need to go back to your sponge-bob web-site..and let the grown-ups talk!!

There won't be one dime of your tax dollars going in my or anyone elses pocket!
So just go to work and feed your family and STFU!!!
Unless theres anything else I can help you with??
By the way mike A. my family goes back over 100 years in this country!
And yes I file a tax return every year!!
you can't get benfits if you didnt work and pay taxes moron!

broken
Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 3:00 pm

the problem isnt reps, or dems, its the fact that these people no longer work for us, they work for themselves, and for lobbyists. last year, only 46% of elected officials in d.c were able to pass the same test that immigrants take to become a citizen in the u.s. how is that possible? theyre out of touch with reality and the struggle in america for all walks of life. hell, if theyre over 65, they collect ssi as well as their paychecks and other sources of income. is that right? then they tell us that ssi will be bankrupt before we need it when we hit 65. its all about their bottom line, what the BIG companies want, not us. we put them there, and theyve forgotten us. im broke, frustrated, struggling, and i wish someone would fight for us. regardless of party. we are all americans, right? i dunno. just speaking my mind.

Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 3:41 pm

You sound like you need a kick in the rear. Your just one those fatboys that wants a free ride. The best place for you is in the lettuce fields with the mexican boys. Got to respect those mexican boys, they know how to work hard, unlike wanna be curious george that needs a burrito shoved up his ass.
Go Republicans,
Have a nice day, Johnson

Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 3:44 pm

I like your name. Is that short for donald or daffy duck? I think it might be time for daddy to change your diaper. Go Republicans, hold up that unemployment extension. Whoooo Raaaaaaa

Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 3:49 pm

You sound like a person that needs deportation precedings. GOP will probably take back everything next election. Your boy Obang obang is doing a really great job. You think your parents are struggling, wait till you have grandchildren.
Wake up and smell the coffee, no more welfare, unemployment, section 8, illegals. Time to cut it all off. Now get off your fat rear and get a job.

Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 3:51 pm

Time for your diaper change, waaaaaa

neveragaingop
Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 3:58 pm

Conservative895 you are an unmitigated jerk. Just because someone is laid off does not mean they are fat and lazy. YOU need to wake up and smell the coffee A$$wipe.

vote independent
Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 5:38 pm

No, that crap you smell is comming from your mouth!!
News flash: GOP is done for….

vote independent
Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 6:20 pm

I know why people like con895,hanaj and mike A. are mad.
Because there stuck in there minimum wage job making $7.25 an hour and they know if they quit they won't be able to collect benefits…
while other people like some of us are getting $250.00 a week equal to the 40 hr week $7.25 hr. job..
Be thankful you have a job though because we didn't ask for our companies to shut down and move oversea, or to be laid off!!
So don't hate the playa, hate the game…..Go to bed and get your a@@ up in the morning..to go to work!!!
And be glad if you do get laid off these benefits will be there for you too…

Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 7:10 pm

Who says I work. Got the fat pension to take care of my buttocks. At least after 20 weeks, I'll still have that fat pension and lottery check coming in.
Time to go wash the bentley, whoo raaaa

Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 7:16 pm

DO YOU WATCH THE DISNEY CHANNEL? KEEP DELAYING THE BENNYS
GOP. WHOOOO RAAAAAAAA

SEVEN DWARFS

donaldopeoples
Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 7:36 pm

conservative, I think I know what that is. That's a patriot that sends other people's kids off to war and makes new friends at airport restrooms while preaching family values on the Senate floor. Yeah, conservative. I'll take mine rare.

vote independent
Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 8:34 pm

What B.S. con895,
Yeah right, I believe ya! hahahahha NOT!!
If I had millions and owned a bentley I sure as heck would have better things to do then be on 1 of millions of news articles about unemployment..you need to go wash that A@@..loser

MVIA
Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 8:55 pm

Conservative895 for your information I have a job, pay my bills and am well educated which seems to be offensive to you. I am not Mexican as you choose to say. I am a born white American, unlike you being a born moron.

As long as you consider yourself a true conservatism please return your social security, child's education cost, the government supplement of the gas you buy, the tax credit you receive on your home loan (if you actually have one), the money the government uses to pay for you streets, the cost of any eduction you received (although that looks like it was zero) and everything else the government contributes to you everyday life.

Also for you information if you cut off immigration the cost to harvest crops which equals the food you eat will more than double as the country faces a shortage do to the fact we do not have enough people harvest crops without them.

As for job there are now 14.8 million unemployed people and only 2.4 million current job openings in our country. Guess what those numbers do not equal so we have unemployed.

Lastly you should realize ignorant people like yourself pay less than 3.6% of the country's tax. The tax payers live in communities that typically are liberal. If you were to take the states of California, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Illinois you make up nearly 60% of the government tax. If you take the states of south and north Carolina, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee, Louisiana, Missouri and Alabama you then find the states that consume 60% of Government taxes. Of the government tax support for “welfare” type programs you will find that it supports not immigrants but 80% goes to white people, mainly old white people.

Please dumb ass pick up a book and read if you can. The problem with our country is people like you dumb white male who believes he is entitled to say and do as they please.

So now comment something ridiculously stupid again about someone you don't know.

12Cinderella02
Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 10:47 pm

NO DISNEY CHANNEL fOR ME. But , I WILL RESPOND TO A CHARACTER BY THE NAME OF “CONSERVATIVE895″ ON THE ASS CHANNEL.

12Cinderella02
Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 11:18 pm

CONSERVATIVE895—”This One's For You” NO Disney Channel for me. I Will Respond to a CHARACTER by the name of Conservative895 on the 'ASS CHANNEL'.

12Cinderella02
Comment posted October 28, 2009 @ 11:27 pm

And In Response to your Feedback. I Think You Need A SMITH & WESSON in your mouth, by self infliction. I'm surely NOT an illegal, NOT on Welfare, NO Food Stamps, Don't recieve Section-8. By the way we have (3)beaches at my door…LOL MF!!!! I personally appoint you to the “Firing Squad”. I want you to tell me if the BULLET'S HURT? The best thing that happened to this Country was ABORTIONS that made it through, by mistake. LIKE YOU. HMMMM.. Me Lazy (NOT) I'm in great shape, by the way. You Have A Better Day. SMOOCHES!!!!!

12Cinderella02
Comment posted October 29, 2009 @ 12:18 am

YOUR BUTTOCKS HAVE A NASTY RASH, conservative895. May I suggest some DESITIN. THEN REPLACE YOUR DIAPER.

john smith
Comment posted October 29, 2009 @ 2:51 am

most of our jobs have been sent oversees so the big corporations can make huge profits and pay their CEO's millions in 1 month compared to what all the employees make in a whole year added up. It's like the CEO's are winning the lottery every month without even playing. The Republicans would rather spend 30 billion dollars a month of borrowed money on the war they started 8 years ago killing mostly innocent people in Iraq & Afganstan than temporary help the unemployed. And still the war is not over yet. And then lets not forget all the billions of dollars they are sending to Pakistan who actually created the Taliban so they can milk us for ever & when this country goes broke then the pakistanis will hand the nuclear weapons to the taliban who are they brothers and cousins so they can hold everyone hostage. I just can't understand how stupid these people are.

wantinganewcareer
Comment posted October 29, 2009 @ 8:41 am

I'm glad that you are okay and have not fallen on hard times. Two years ago I had a full time job and a job that I was a sub at and could work whenever I needed more money. I lost both jobs. I haven't been able to find a job yet. By the way I have a BA from Univ of Rutgers and working on my Masters since I have been unemployed. You probably won't read this but maybe the next inconsiderate will and think before he or she writes something insensitive

bobcny
Comment posted October 29, 2009 @ 11:43 am

Congrats Republicans for standing up for hard working middle class people. No more handoutd to whining no-good lazy losers. Like a stray dog, once you give these pieces of garbage a handout, like a bum in the street, they will never go back to work.

Comment posted October 29, 2009 @ 1:19 pm

I think I should stick the smith & wesson in your ass. You might like that. Bet
you would scream like a banchi. Have a great day, Lots of licks on the buttocks.

Comment posted October 29, 2009 @ 1:31 pm

I think it's time for your to return to 1776. Better yet, drop your rear off in Iraq to sing songs and peace dance. Have a great day curious george. Monkey

deity
Comment posted October 29, 2009 @ 1:33 pm

conser895… are you gay? you like to lick buttocks? nasty ones like the GOP? pucker up and kiss… all the pension in the world didn't make you any more than a loser… and a coward, hide behind you smith & wesson… and buy a spine… or when they extend the benefits i will buy you a spine and a set of balls from target. cheap…

Comment posted October 29, 2009 @ 1:34 pm

Thats great, still not final. No free entitlement welfare checks. Now go pound the pavement and get to work. Join the military pleasegimmeajob.

pleasegimmeajob
Comment posted October 29, 2009 @ 1:41 pm

I tried to join the military at age 18 I have a bad knee they would not take me….go troll somewhere else.. one day you will be in the same boat as all of us here….your a loser….to actually spend your time here ….STFU TROLL…….have a nice life while you can….

pleasegimmeajob
Comment posted October 29, 2009 @ 1:43 pm

You will get your Kick soon….

Comment posted October 29, 2009 @ 1:48 pm

Hi ho the merry o. The extended benefits are still not final, hip hip whooo raaa.
Time to serve your country and join the armed forces. Great pay, free health care and housing. You can run five miles a day and get your fat butts in shape. Shape up your row or ship out to Iraq. Lots of love, SMOOOOOOCHESSS, KISS THE BABY

taxpayerforlife
Comment posted October 29, 2009 @ 2:00 pm

Conservative895, when we the people who are diligently looking for work cannot find any work and we have no money, and not be able to patronize businesses then you will lose your job also, unless you are sucking off the system already.

College Frat Boy » McConnell: Not Acceptable to Pass Unemployment Extension Without …
Pingback posted October 29, 2009 @ 3:24 pm

[...] post is from here. Visit the link to read more.And then lets not forget all the billions of dollars they are sending [...]

taxpayerforlife
Comment posted October 29, 2009 @ 3:23 pm

everyone Go to the newer blog upper left link on this page….

“Senate Advances Bill Extending Unemployment Benefits”

Conservative895 feel free to chime your senseless muck….I need someone to play with you MF

Free Pics Twinks » McConnell: Not Acceptable to Pass Unemployment Extension Without …
Pingback posted October 29, 2009 @ 4:25 pm

Deity
Comment posted October 29, 2009 @ 3:37 pm

you're officially on a drug guy… could you OD for me? quit kissing babies… it might lead ur white ass to sodomy… KISS THE REPUGNACAN!!!! no smootches gay whore… lets box.

Blonde Twinks » McConnell: Not Acceptable to Pass Unemployment Extension Without …
Pingback posted October 29, 2009 @ 4:59 pm

Black Gay Hunks » McConnell: Not Acceptable to Pass Unemployment Extension Without …
Pingback posted October 29, 2009 @ 5:17 pm

Comment posted October 29, 2009 @ 5:00 pm

Has anyone seen my little acorn and immigration amendment. Delay, delay, delay. I think we need about 15 more amendments. Lots of love,

Johnson

Baywatch Hunks
Pingback posted October 29, 2009 @ 6:49 pm

Update 2: Looks like no UE vote until next week; COBRA subsidy Extension? Unemployment Extension Update: Reid still wrangling on amendments.. « Moderate in the Middle
Pingback posted October 29, 2009 @ 7:16 pm

[...] extending the first-time homebuyer’s tax credit, Senate Republicans agreed today to drop their efforts to weigh down the legislation with controversial amendments regarding ACORN and the E-Verify [...]

Naked Guys » McConnell: Not Acceptable to Pass Unemployment Extension Without …
Pingback posted October 29, 2009 @ 8:20 pm

Free Gay Twinks » McConnell: Not Acceptable to Pass Unemployment Extension Without …
Pingback posted October 29, 2009 @ 8:47 pm

Amar Twink
Pingback posted October 29, 2009 @ 9:16 pm

Free Twink Sex » McConnell: Not Acceptable to Pass Unemployment Extension Without …
Pingback posted October 29, 2009 @ 10:57 pm

Gay Sex vids » McConnell: Not Acceptable to Pass Unemployment Extension Without …
Pingback posted October 30, 2009 @ 12:00 am

Mike B
Comment posted October 30, 2009 @ 7:23 am

If you really want to send the message, quit paying federal taxes.

Just staple an IOU to your next federal tax return and add the message that “My family is still debating on whether to pay this. We should have an answer in about 82 working days (due to the senate only working two days a week, this roughly equates to 6 months). I am sure you UNDERSTAND the importance of making a correct decision in the best interests of everyone involved for something as important as this.”

vagirl
Comment posted October 30, 2009 @ 9:17 am

Conservative895, I have read all ur sick comments to the people on here, you must be a sick, LONELY man that lives off his parents hard working money…When do u have time to WORK??? Evidentally u set on ur fat ass insulting people all the time. IT COMES BACK HOME, REMEMBER THAT….big smiles

vagirl
Comment posted October 30, 2009 @ 9:30 am

Conservative895, What are u gonna say when the unemployment extention is passed lol…AND IT WILL BE…I trust the senators that is fighting for it….I cant wait to see ur stupid comments then……cant wait……….SMILES

Comment posted October 30, 2009 @ 9:59 am

Hey vagirl, Have you looked for a job today. Time to pound the pavement and get to work. Senator Mitch is a great Man. Delay, delay, delay. SMOOOOOCHES

Comment posted October 30, 2009 @ 10:03 am

We fought the war wrong in Iraq and Afganstan. We should have done them like Japan in WW2. BOOM. We should take all that oil and use it to fund your stupid unemployment extension. You sound like you need to get a grip.

Hugs, Johnson

vagirl
Comment posted October 30, 2009 @ 10:15 am

Im laughing hahahaha….Im not asking for unemployment but I do worry bout the people of the usa…..unlike you! So find something to do u lonely old soul and leave these people along…Im waiting for ur comments as I said before, WHEN THE UNEMPLOYMENT EXTENTIONS IS PASSED! big big smiles…..OH! laughing on ur comment about Senator MITCH! haha

Comment posted October 30, 2009 @ 10:18 am

I'm gonna buy a segway with my welfare money.

Comment posted October 30, 2009 @ 6:42 pm

Thanks for the feedback, Keith. I’m actually pretty clever once you get to
know me.

Comment posted October 30, 2009 @ 7:11 pm

No Disney for me, But, I will reply to an E-MAIL , to a CARTOON
CHARACTER named CONSERVATIVE895.

Comment posted October 30, 2009 @ 7:12 pm

And I think You Need A Smith and Wesson in your mouth, by self
inflicktion. I’m surely not an illegal, Not on Welfare, No Food
Stamps, Don’t Even get (nor) applied for section-8. By the way we
have 3 beaches at my door.LOL…M-F!!! I personally appoint you on
the front line for the FIRING SQUAD. I want YOU to tell me if
the BULLETS HURT? The BEST thing that ever hapened to this
country was ABORTIONS THAT MADE IT THROUGH BY MISTAKE, LIKE YOU.
HMMM…. ME LAZY (NOT), I’m in great shape by the way. You Have
A Better Day. SMOOCHES!

donaldopeoples
Comment posted October 30, 2009 @ 2:59 pm

Thanks for the note, Johnson. Are you any relation Howard?

12Cinderella02
Comment posted October 30, 2009 @ 3:30 pm

POOR GUY. Nothing YOU dream of would make ME scream., Go brush
your teethe & wash your face, YOU STILL HAVE ASS ON IT
!!!!!!!!!!!

12Cinderella02
Comment posted October 30, 2009 @ 3:40 pm

GO to SLEEP, and SLEEP well.

hedges
Comment posted October 30, 2009 @ 6:52 pm

to mcconnell and the rest of the senators standing in the way of unemplyment ext why would you care obuvisily you dont give a shit you have a home food getting health insurace etc millions of americans lost their homes have no food nothing how do you sleep at night i guess you have no problems sleeping at night cut the shit and cut the crap out millons of americans didnt ask for this situation what gives you the right to play god have a nice dar r hedges

olds73
Comment posted October 30, 2009 @ 10:47 pm

now I get it . your name is mitch right.

kkdd1
Comment posted October 31, 2009 @ 12:48 am

How the FUCK can the Republican connect acorn with extending unemployment to folks ( like myself ) who are in dire straits struggling everyday to make ends meet and they are playing games . I will be 1st to say that a lot of these political organizations ( acorn included ) are corrupt and should be investigated but to hold up unemployment benefits to millions of Americans who are worried about there ability to pay bills, holidays around the corner, People like Mitch McConnell and others ( the Republican party ) think it's more important to make political points than to help Americans most in need.I wish the Republicans had of been this forceful when former President Bush was sending Americans to die in a foreign land under false pretense ( paraphrasing representive Joe Wilson ) he LIED and thousands of Americans DIED .In short stop playing games there to much at stake !!!!

kkdd1
Comment posted October 31, 2009 @ 1:10 am

Conseritive895 It must be very difficult 4 U 2 suck DICK and type at the same time !!!!

beataroundmybush
Comment posted October 31, 2009 @ 10:31 am

Its all because of your sacred Repubs. Not Obama's fault I do agree the public option is a waste…back to cleaning my guns (plural)…I got a a surprise for ya baby “Who Luvs Ya”…gunpowder and lead

beataroundmybush
Comment posted October 31, 2009 @ 10:34 am

I did sing songs in IRAQ and I will find your IP address and sing you a song of LOVE….before you die

Jane Gilpin
Comment posted October 31, 2009 @ 11:45 am

I agree that there needs to be something done to help create jobs, but you need to pass the unemployment extension first so we can live while you hash out the details. What are we supposed to do in the meantime while you sit up there and argue we are losing everything we own. Does anyone care?????????????

Comment posted October 31, 2009 @ 4:46 pm

The Lord is my hero

Comment posted October 31, 2009 @ 12:01 pm

Sounds like a matter for law enforcement. Be careful what you write.
I already know where you are and it has been reported. Sleep well.

beataroundmybush
Comment posted October 31, 2009 @ 12:28 pm

I never made a death threat….get real and I never said I was going to kill you… I stated I would sing you a song before you die, I never said I was going to kill you….

beataroundmybush
Comment posted October 31, 2009 @ 12:54 pm

So where am I ….hint living in a country that has forgotten about its people…..maybe I will at least get 3 meals a day. If you are going to write your your blurb be man enough to take the response you long for….did you report this one?

magaveli911

1 day ago

When i find you, i will slit your mothers throat , fuck your wife , and kill your kids!
See Ya soon my friend..muah

vagirl
Comment posted October 31, 2009 @ 1:14 pm

All Conserative895 is wanting is attention to his boring life….Ingore it and he might go away lol

Comment posted October 31, 2009 @ 3:01 pm

coward, run to mommy

Comment posted October 31, 2009 @ 3:06 pm

Cyber criminal. I'm shaking in my boots. You probably should seek
some sort of intervention before they take you out in cuffs. Please make another threatening comment. I love to print them. Have wonderful day. Conservative895

beataroundmybush
Comment posted October 31, 2009 @ 3:26 pm

no its men in black….you need to go surf somewhere else, I never threatened you I offered my services as I do for all of the lords children, as far as cleaning my guns you outghta too…because if this nation gets any worse crime will be at all our front doors…read through the lines, I never threatened you. I offered you salvation.

vagirl
Comment posted October 31, 2009 @ 3:38 pm

Conservative 895 you get back what u dish out…If you cant stand the HEAT..stay out of the KITCHEN!!!! smiles

beataroundmybush
Comment posted October 31, 2009 @ 3:48 pm

The Lord has some depends for
Conservative895

But I have reason to believe he is just non puberty teenager who is still a virgin…BTW Conservative895 jacking off to a spread of Megan Fox does not break your virginity….God Bless and make sure you use some lubricant even if it is “DIAL” spell it backwards and you might get it….

Comment posted October 31, 2009 @ 4:05 pm

Great job Mitch. You are doing the right thing by asking for more gop amendments before this lazy dazy welfare entitlement passes. Great job again. Johnson

Comment posted October 31, 2009 @ 4:10 pm

What I will say is, lol, you all have 14 to 20 more weeks of benefits before reality sets in. Short term fix. Enjoy it while it lasts because this is the last one. Gonna have the last laugh. Great job again Mitch. You are my hero.

Hugs

Comment posted October 31, 2009 @ 4:10 pm

It's Johnson.

Comment posted October 31, 2009 @ 4:12 pm

You sound like you might be fun?????

Comment posted October 31, 2009 @ 4:13 pm

I bet you wish I were. Sounds like you need a johnson.

Comment posted October 31, 2009 @ 4:14 pm

Who loves ya baby, Mitch

Comment posted October 31, 2009 @ 4:14 pm

Oh baby baby. Mitch

vagirl
Comment posted October 31, 2009 @ 4:26 pm

WOW! CONSERVATIVE895… is someone NOW believing its gonna pass and I DO! …What happened to ur spirit that it wasnt gonna pass? Cant wait for ur comments when it DOES PASS…will give u something to do instead of setting on ur ass and putting the American people down that is unemployed and need help….big smiles

Comment posted October 31, 2009 @ 4:34 pm

Big kisses and smiles. Left wing women really know how to ride. I hope it passes just for you. big smiles babe.

Comment posted October 31, 2009 @ 4:36 pm

I'd love to be in the kitchen with you. Big hugs, smiles

Comment posted October 31, 2009 @ 4:41 pm

No problem, all in fun. We just have a difference of opinion.

God Bless, Laid, like that.

Comment posted November 1, 2009 @ 12:14 am

Oh I get laid but not like a chicken egg…all in fun…are we having fun yet? do you miss your CB radio? all in fun baby, mitch is done next election. and so are some of our Dems also, I am tired of this crap what will it take to bring our nation together an alien invasion? like war of the worlds, do you remember that movie?, I have nothing against anyone but 2 million jobs out here and 7.5 million looking for work what does that say. have some compassion my fellow American , maybe we can grab a beer sometime on me and BTW your Buddy mitch does not care about Kentucky at 10.9 % on unemployment! he is in it for the glory of the GOP…beers on me buddy 12% alcohol by volume. maybe I can get you laid also? what flavor you like? or like the hershey highway of Mc connell

Comment posted November 1, 2009 @ 12:14 am

joe
Comment posted October 31, 2009 @ 7:27 pm

do any of these scumbags care that there are people out here whos benefits have been cut off completely? 50 thousand newyorkers lost there unemployment a month ago an many more thousands every week since they expired over amonth ago, if only 1 percent of the desperate resort to crime to put food on the table than you are creating alteast 500 to 1000 criminals ea an every week, this is beyond political bs. these people arent statistics, they are more than voters, they are good ol americans, who have worked all there lives an are getting screwed by an economy tthat they didnt create , this is the most selfish stupid ignorant piece of crap to make its way from our senate in a long time,,, you give all this money to the corporations who ran themselves into the ground, yet the individuals in this counrty once again see that they count for nothing, if this dosent incite a major riot, than i hope it atleast gets the majority of these jag offs voted out of office, let themsee how it is to be out of work ………

joe
Comment posted October 31, 2009 @ 7:32 pm

to that conservative jag off, the disaster will reach you too, think of how many dinners an illegal could get out of taking that bently to ozone park an stripping it down, do you know what the market is for bentley parts? not the same as kia parts…. hopefully, as your getting car jacked an ur eyes are wide as ur ass an your beggin not to be shot, your heart explodes right outter your chest, ,, you wanna eradicate the middle class, the buffer between you morons an the poor. lol,, ok,,,,,,,,, but the disaster will reach you

donaldopeoples
Comment posted October 31, 2009 @ 7:44 pm

At least I know who my parents are……………………….

olds73
Comment posted November 1, 2009 @ 9:58 am

i have a johnson in my pants

debbie8517
Comment posted November 1, 2009 @ 1:48 pm

I just don't understand Mitch McConnell. I live in Ky I was let go of my job 2 years after working there for 10 years. I can not find another job and believe me I have been looking the whole time. Now my unemployment ran out in Sept. I have no idea what I'm going to do. I have a child I need to take care of. Its time they stop stalling please.

beataroundmybush
Comment posted November 1, 2009 @ 4:20 pm

Forget Mitch. I hate to say it. but you are in KY. and at 10.9% and he does not care but only about Mitch and his GOP and as long as he can eat with a silver spoon he will not budge. and the lord will be his judge. it's time to end this senseless bickering and get to what the people need right now. End importing end job exporting. Create employment in the land of the American Dream.

Comment posted November 1, 2009 @ 7:07 pm

Hey gi joe. I hope we ship out as many illegals as we can. No health care, no section 8, no food. I think you should call Mitch and ask if you can live your dream and join the armed services. Now go pound the pavement and look for a job and quit depending on the government to take of your poor ahab ass. Go GOP. Smooches, Johnson P.S. Get another box of depends for your leaky behind.

Comment posted November 1, 2009 @ 7:08 pm

No!!!!! Lots of love, Mitch

Comment posted November 1, 2009 @ 7:10 pm

Nope, we don't care. Now get off your fat rear and pound the pavement. Get to work. Hugs, Mitch

forfellowman
Comment posted November 1, 2009 @ 7:34 pm

The only real amendment that is worth anything is getting those illigal immigrants out of the workplace but that did not come up on the cloture, and I am quite sure most of family came here legally. and most of us here have family who survived the depression. if you are a true native what indian tribe was it? does pillage and plunder have any meaning? please stop being negative as one day you will feel what we feel.

CS
Comment posted November 1, 2009 @ 8:55 pm

People say get out and “pound the pavement” what it you have pounded it so much you have broken it!? Living in Michigan, trying to find a job, any job, and returning to school to improve your chances of getting a job that 150 people have applied for is tough. I hope that the people that are stalling on this bill realize, on Christmas morning when their children and families are happy and content, the majority of the families across the United States will be coming up with excuses as to why Santa could not make it to their house. My three children will receive, but my parents are doing Chirstmas for our three beautiful innoccent children. They do not deserve to suffer at Christmas! This extention would help out greatly! Not everyone who is on unemployment is “milking” the system. Some of us (MAJORITY) are making a concertated effort to improve our quality of life! It isn't fun not knowing if you will have a roof over your head next month. Those of you who are employeed, do not judge those who are not! If you have the gall to criticize I will gladly take your position at your place of employment and you can take my Business Law exam on Monday!

I urge anyone associated with this bill to think of the families that are involved. The majority of us have made NUMEROUS efforts but it is all to no avail. My husband brings in $300/wk for a family of five. My husband has been looking for a second job with no success. As much as I am embarressed to be on Unemployment it does help and allows my children comfort. I am praying a resloution comes quickly for all of us that are adrift in the same abyss of uncertainty.

notbeatendownyet
Comment posted November 1, 2009 @ 9:45 pm

you said it

kkdd1
Comment posted November 2, 2009 @ 1:29 am

Thanks 4 the advice I will try 2 remember that next time

kkdd1
Comment posted November 2, 2009 @ 1:34 am

Those of us who are unemployed ( no fault of our own ) are not looking for a hand out we just need some help untill the ecconomy recovers and all who seek a job can find one ………

12Cinderella02
Comment posted November 2, 2009 @ 7:13 am

LET's DO MORE!!!!! CALL TODAY the SENATOR's Offices NON- STOP Call load. HOW?? CAN A FEW MEN BE ALLOWED TO DECIDE ON MILLIONS OF LIVES, WE CANNOT WAIT ANY-LONGER “THIS IS IT”.

Comment posted November 2, 2009 @ 10:49 am

The majority of the families across the USA will be coming up with excuses as to why santa could not make it to their house??? You mean a very small percentage. Just tell them santa got stuck in your neighbors chimney with Mitch McConnell. If you are really looking for a Santa, ask that big fat liberal to fill in at KGO radio in San Francisco. I think his name is Bernie Something. You use MAJORITY too much. Try the work MINORITY, it fits better. Hugs, GOP

vagirl
Comment posted November 2, 2009 @ 11:09 am

SHUT UP Conservative895, blah blah blah blah!!!

notbeatendownyet
Comment posted November 2, 2009 @ 12:08 pm

Some of them are happy with trying to stir shit up just ignore them ….

LickMitch2010
Comment posted November 2, 2009 @ 12:44 pm

KY voters have spoken Mitch is done in 2010

Comment posted November 2, 2009 @ 12:47 pm

Mitch is a great leader. He should be President of the United States. I guess this gay guy wants to lick Mitch. You might want to try a tootsie pop. Bet you like sugar daddys.

Comment posted November 2, 2009 @ 12:49 pm

You know u love it. Smooches

Comment posted November 2, 2009 @ 12:55 pm

Not if you have the sausage about 10 inches above the keyboard. You could probably straddle behind the keyboard for a better angle.

Comment posted November 2, 2009 @ 1:00 pm

Bet its all shriveled up. Call Mitch for an inspection.

Comment posted November 2, 2009 @ 1:01 pm

No, Johnson.

Comment posted November 2, 2009 @ 1:07 pm

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time finding employment. It will most likely be approved this week. You sound like a person that really needs it. I hope they approve it for you and your child. Hang in there, Compassionate Conservative.

Comment posted November 2, 2009 @ 4:41 pm

Go John Thune go. Whooooo Raaaaaaaaaaaaaa More amendments, Yaaaaaaaaaaaa whoooooooooooo

dontfret2009
Comment posted November 2, 2009 @ 4:53 pm

I actually thought you where half human but all you want is attention so when you are dumpster diving for a meal then you may think back on this blog may you prosper and gain wealth. see you on the other blog. I know your there already. I am a retired cyber Detective… hope you planned for the future…have a nice day…warm regards

Don T. Fret

Comment posted November 2, 2009 @ 5:40 pm

Daddy Johnson

Comment posted November 2, 2009 @ 5:42 pm

Wow that's impressive. I'll save some dumpster food for you. Have a great day…..warmest regards

Daddy Johnson

joe
Comment posted November 2, 2009 @ 5:52 pm

to the conservative ,, you are right, i'dlove to meet youin person in order to discuss your issues, i am located on long island in ronkonkoma, i'd love to meet you an your friends, please provide a place where u feel safe to meet, unless your not man enough?
in closing i 'd like to say that broke democrats get all the ass you conservative fucks leave behind because your too faggy for real life, woo hoo,,,, who needs dumpster food, there's plenty of fat republicans to rob an when u hit one of them you eat good for a long time,,,,, hey buddy, did u build ur panic room? u call urself a man???… hahahahhahah whooo hoooo

dontfret2009
Comment posted November 2, 2009 @ 6:33 pm

Do you have some leftovers? as long as you didnt touch it with your jizz stained hands…I wont hold you up I know rosey and her five sisters need you now. dont get any on your wall but if you do you can tounge in off…Regards Mr. Tiny Johnson

gink22
Comment posted November 2, 2009 @ 10:38 pm

tell this dumb ass mitch mcconnell if he is so smart to come up to somerset pa and show us were and the hell the jobs are and we will be glad to go back to work. may be then we wont have to kiss anybody ass for their unemployment extension. Thank you

Brittanicus
Comment posted November 3, 2009 @ 2:56 pm

As America suspected the House Health Care reform Bill Contains an identification mechanism that increases distress? So despite the inclusion of the Democrat so-called verification system in the latest health care bill, this identification procedure will be almost non-effective to omit illegal immigrants from accessing the taxpayer-funded afford ability credits. My thought is that this was intentional, so that the majority of illegal aliens already holding a fraudulent social security card, of a deceased person, a young child's number of even one of our soldiers fighting in some obscure country can still get access. E-Verify should be used for just this reason, along with a current government ID to spot unauthorized entrance to any health care program. See compilation of Social Security Laws http://www.ssa.gov/OP_Home/ssact/title19/1903.htm. Sen. Sessions a champion amongst anti-illegal immigration proponents, took to the Senate floor fighting for American workers and the protection of American jobs.

When the Senate debated the bill to extend federal unemployment benefits for 14 weeks, Senator Sessions filed an amendment to permanently extend the E-Verify program. Outrageously, the Sessions amendment was stripped from the final version of the bill by the House-Senate committee members that included Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi. In the Democratic majority Homeland Security Appropriations bill, they in conclusion authorized E-Verify for just three years. Unfortunately this leaves the enforcement program pregnable to the–AMNESTY ZEALOTS? These opponents can monopolize any long-term or permanent reauthorization of E-Verify as collateral in leverage for the course of mass amnesty for the 20 to 30 million illegal immigrants squatting in this nation You guessed it?–Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) filed a motion to cut off debate–invoking cloture–on the unemployment compensation extension bill without initially giving the Senate time to vote on the Sessions amendment.

WE SHOULD INDELIBLY REMEMBER THIS ANTI-AMERICAN WORKER LEGISLATOR, AND THROW HIM FROM OFFICE IN 2010 AS HE PROVED WITHOUT ANY DOUBT FOREIGN LABOR IS MORE IMPORTANT TO HIM THAN HIS OWN COUNTRYMEN Along with House Speaker Pelosi and all Democratic leadership, they have used their influence to collude with corporate lobbyists subversive open border organizations to starve Immigration enforcement of full funding and a voice in Washington since coming to power. Yet this doesn’t mean that either Bush’s or prior administrations are without fault in securing the border or stopping the hordes of illegal aliens from breaking our laws. Recently Fifty-four Representatives sent the president a letter expressing their support for 287 G – the government training program that allows agents from the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to deputize state and county law enforcement agencies in the enforcement of federal immigration laws.

. Simply speaking, it cited, 287 G, was—NOT– just designated to be confined to habitual criminals and gangs as some have purposely mislead, but constructed to let state and regional enforcement officials assist in enforcement of—ALL–immigration laws; removing illegal immigrants from the streets and highways. It could become prevalent within any city and neighborhood precincts, if that particular police department has been deputized and trained according to the 287 G program. Sadly, many cities have failed in this measure owing to the—SANCTUARY CITY—policies. If San Francisco and Los Angeles has empowered its police departments to adopt 287 G, the deaths of many innocent citizens could have been prevented. Other cities may still be held at fault, because they too had pro-illegal immigration city councils and managers who ignorantly ignored the people plea to enforce immigration laws such as 287 G?

To date the pro-illegal immigration letter signed by a group in the Democratic leadership has declared a “commitment to repair our broken immigration system” These groups have expressed a strong support for moving forward on comprehensive immigration reform–AMNESTY– this year, which are strongly back by giant business consortium's. The signers of the letter has overseen by Representative Luis Gutierrez (D-IL), a well-known amnesty zealot who, earlier this year, spent weekending events, pushing his AMNESTY proposition amongst congregational religion, Union halls, ethnic caucuses in his tours nationwide.

Outside of this growing distressing dilemma, my Mother-in-Law asked me if E-Verify could be used to determine the credit and background of people who apply for store leases or the purchase and renting of homes. This would be a compatible as an invaluable need with credit bureau reports, so illegal immigrants could be detected in Indianapolis. E-verify, a computerized tool has been adequately funded, which means ongoing modification and simplicity of use; along with the 1-9 paperwork. Further use could be Drivers license identification, auto registration, auto insurance, health care applications, IRS tax credits, home and store leases and renting, election voting and as of now removing foreigners from work locations?

Today we are bombarded on all sides by the inflow of foreign nationals, who in many cases can disappear leaving landlords with huge bills. E-Verify is possibly the best weapon to retaliate against illegal immigration. Senators and Representatives are all suspect, so call them at 202-224-3121. Only because of angry repercussions of THE PEOPLES response, that under intense pressure E-Verify survived. Business interests and the open border groups would have torn it away, but recognition came by thousands of blogger’s who notified the public already tired of supporting corporate welfare and their illegal alien hires and family members. It’s not over yet because thousands of piratical business and radical groups have massive financial influence on lawmakers we voted to govern us? Be aware of immigration issues and immigration enforcement grading at NUMBERSUSA, Learn about corruption lawsuits, including ACORN sleaze at JUDICIAL WATCH. AMNESTY means OVERPOPULATION that needs your urgent attention at CAPSWEB.

Comment posted November 3, 2009 @ 3:47 pm

Time to play with your GI Joe toy. Ronkonkoma, is that where you live. Is the koma at the end of the name mean coma. Ronkon, sounds like that left wing infor ronco commercial. I'll bet your play dress up and order clothes from Victoria Secret. Do ya have musical panties? Time for your bath and baby powder.

Esquared2009
Comment posted November 3, 2009 @ 3:49 pm

Conservative895

you are an ignorant little weiner…..is your real name Oscar

rosawilliams
Comment posted November 3, 2009 @ 7:33 pm

Anyone closer enough with a rifle, please shoot these motherfuckers!! please!!

rosawilliams
Comment posted November 3, 2009 @ 7:55 pm

PEOPLE PLEASE REMEMBER WHEN ELECTION TIME COMES WHAT THESE FUCKING REPUBLICANS HAVE DONE!! DO NOT FORGET!! DO NOT FORGET!! DO NOT FORGET!!! REMEMBER YOUR SITUATION AND HOW THEY PRETTY MUCH SAID FUCK YOU!! DO NOT FORGET!!

FU-KYL&McConnell
Comment posted November 3, 2009 @ 8:00 pm

And may mcconnell the “No Leader” rot in HELL!!. I plan on calling his office repeatedly tomorrow, the next day, and the next day after that. I imagine I'll get hung up on because what I got to say to his staffers will not be kind. ENOUGH IS F**KING ENOUGH!!!! There isn't anything kind that COULD be said to him at this point.

I plan on making a new mission in my life to aggravate the living hell out of his office staffers to let them know this WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!!

I want the bastard gone YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

FU-KYL&McConnell
Comment posted November 3, 2009 @ 8:17 pm

I'm from KY too, just don't ever vote for a republican EVER, THEY DON'T CARE!!
They never have and they never will. Their numbers are so low right now that they may be facing to have to reinvent a new wing of the repubs just to keep their party alive. But don't trust them either.

I've been jobless since June 2007, I have never seen it this bad. There are no jobs in Northern Kentucky, metro Louisville. I have applied to everything, full-time, part-time, contract, temp and nothing is the response. I'm sorry you haven't had any luck either. Hang in there, this thing is going to pass eventually, no thanks to our stupid senator mcconnell.

I may be down and out right now, but I will never forget this. I plan on making it my business to do everything I can to turn this state from red to BLUE BABY BLUE.

FU-KYL&McConnell
Comment posted November 3, 2009 @ 8:22 pm

AMEN!!

FU-KYL&McConnell
Comment posted November 3, 2009 @ 8:24 pm

Except I ain't forgettin Mitch till he's gone!

fasteddiekc
Comment posted November 4, 2009 @ 7:24 am

conservative is just a guy(or gal) who makes his decisions based entirely on ideology. i respect his opinions, although i'm not ideologically driven. i'm more of a pragmatist, therefore i base my opinions on real life situations.
America is far from being a homogenous nation…which is wonderful. in this particular room con is in the minority, thus he is forced to try and make sense from the mundane.
hell, he's right in line with republicans in the senate.

joe
Comment posted November 5, 2009 @ 8:36 am

to the conservative asshole,, hahahaha it passed, i hope ur tax dollars go directly to my unemployment fund an when your mother's life saving medicaid surgery is denied i hope the the funds arent there because they were dispersed to unemployment,

joe
Comment posted November 5, 2009 @ 8:45 am

stop being afraid to socialize medicine, the system in france england canada is way better than here, the life expectancy is higher, the infant mortality rate is lower, ,,, who give a fuck if the doctors make less money, an the ceo's of health insurance companies make millions intead of billions, its time we stop buying into the republican scare tactics and catch up to the rest of the world,
Micheal Moore for president, ! give the conservatives cuba to live on, give them george W bush as fuhrer for life an leave the rest of us to our liberal, helpful, caring society. the disinformation coming from the republicans on this is similiar to nazi propaganda, it has nothing even remotely close to truth, this is simply to scare, deny, an discredit a plan that would help the overwhelming majority while taking $$ out of the republicans hands, fuck em, its time they learn they are the minority in this country, if they continue to fuck with the poor eventually the negotiations will be done under the barrel of a gun, thats the way it has gone in human history since the begining of government, one group grows rich an enslaves the minority thru whatever means, an eventually the minority realizes they are the majority an they turn the worldof the rich upside down, change is coming to america, only have to look as far as the president to see the majority of people in this country are sick of the ways of politics, sick of the business's controlling the politicians, an sick of the lack of concern an compassion towards one another, fuck the GOP

legal citizen
Comment posted November 11, 2009 @ 6:59 pm

Senator Reid should make E-verify mandatory for all employers as part of this bill. The over 10% unemployment rate in this country should make mandatory usage of the E-verify system a no brainer. McConnell and Reid should be able to agree to this as a compromise because it is in the interest of the American citizens. Senator Reid already has a bill on the agenda to give the path to citizenship to all the illegals (plus whoever they bring here after being given citizenship). Next look for our Social Security, etc., to be cut because we will have to pay theirs too. Republican or Democrat they aren't looking out for us. I think they should put an Amendment in to put themselves on a 401k plan instead of the defined pension plan they have that is basically extinct to the working class.

vagirl
Comment posted November 11, 2009 @ 9:03 pm

Does anyone know what is going on with the unemployment extention that was passed? Mostly concerned about Kentucky…Could someone please let me know or where to look for the updates……BTW Conservative895 Im not asking for none of ur lip on this question (smiles)

legal citizen
Comment posted November 11, 2009 @ 11:59 pm

vagirl
Comment posted November 12, 2009 @ 2:03 am

unemployedtoo
Comment posted June 19, 2010 @ 12:41 am

Senator McConnell's e-mail contact form is at this web address: http://mcconnell.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?p=…

His office phone number is: 859-578-0188

JIMBROWN345
Comment posted June 30, 2010 @ 10:59 pm

Great, Fucked by the fucking government again. They are the fuckers who created this whole situation by sending all of our jobs overseas and letting the bankers run the country and now they are gonna fly out on their jetplanes for a 4th of july vacation while my electricity gets cut off and my family starves. FUCK THE GOVERNMENT!

Zaibatsu Looney
Comment posted December 7, 2010 @ 4:43 pm

soemtimes i think it would be better to moderate this comment areas cos of people like you ! blu cig would be a good treatment for you.

Coach Outlet Online
Comment posted May 31, 2011 @ 7:35 am

I don’t know. I love Coach Outlet Online Store, I was in Chelsea the happiest man since the arrival of a person who should have never Prada Shoes. I was thinking I would have Coach Outlet be there all my life and a few months later, I buy Coach Purses. So you never know. In Inter I found an incredible family. Players; amazing. President; amazing. Then after two years I felt, even with two more years Coach Purses Outlet, I felt it was over. I need something new for me. So you never know. But when I sign a Coach Factory Outlet, I sign with the intention to respect the contract and be happy for that Prada Sneakers. So if everything goes in the right direction, yes I will stay Coach Outlet Store.