Tea Party Activists Reject PAC-Backed ‘Tea Party Express’

Friday, October 09, 2009 at 6:00 am
Tea Party protesters march through Washington, D.C., on Sept. 12 (Photo by Aaron Wiener)

Tea Party Patriots did not want to lose Amy Kremer. The Atlanta activist had co-founded the organization. She’d helped organize some of the biggest events in the nationwide Tea Party movement. Then, at the end of September, Kremer decided to join the Tea Party Express, a project of the conservative Our Country Deserves Better PAC that was embarking on its third cross-country round of anti-tax, anti-spending rallies.

This wasn’t going to work for Tea Party Patriots. As several leaders in the group told TWI, they stressed to Kremer that Our Country Deserves Better was a partisan-leaning PAC that rushed to the aid of Republican candidates; working with them could imperil the tax status of non-profit Tea Party Patriots. Other leaders argued that Mark Williams, the vice chairman of Our Country Deserves Better, was a firebrand whose rhetoric made the rest of the movement look bad. In May, Kremer had told Newsmax.com that the movement was being “hijacked” by Republican operatives, with the biggest offenders being the Republican Governor’s Association. Kremer did not respond to multiple requests for comment from TWI.

Image by: Matt Mahurin

Image by: Matt Mahurin

Kremer turned down the advice and took the plunge,signing up for the Tea Party Express’s next tour. On September 27 she was removed from the board of Tea Party Patriots. She responded by locking the Tea Party Patriots email account, a problem that the other members of the group quickly solved, but one that rankled.

“It appears that Amy has chosen the Tea Party Express over Tea Party Patriots,” said Mark Meckler, a Sacramento, Calif. organizer. “That’s her decision.”

An argument has broken out, perhaps inevitably, between Tea Party activists and one of the groups that has laid claim to the Tea Party mantle. The self-described grassroots activists in Tea Party Patriots and the American Liberty Alliance see the Tea Party Express as a sham organization, using the political heft of the movement to push a bland, partisan Republican agenda. Privately and publicly, they accuse the Tea Party Express of being an “astroturf” outfit, a scheme for Republican strategists and candidates to take advantage of a movement that was chugging along fine without them.

“Right now,” said Tea Party Patriots national organizer Jenny Beth Martin, “we can’t be involved with PACs. We want to make sure the organizations we align with are in line with our core values–that they’re not just supporting one party over the other. There could be a point to the Tea Party Express, but I don’t think its goal is the best goal.”

Other Tea Party organizations were less diplomatic. Last week, Houston and Austin Tea Party organizers had argued with Tea Party Express organizers about the Express’s upcoming tour, somewhat controversially titled “Countdown to Judgment Day.” The local organizers didn’t want the Express to come; the Express put their cities on the map anyway. In response, Houston Tea Party organizer Josh Parker released a blistering statement declaring that his group did “not promote, support, or endorse the activities of the ‘Our Country Deserves Better’ PAC and its ‘Tea Party Express’ bus tour,” and that “a growing number of Tea Party organizers in the country are disclaiming any association with TPE.”  A Houston organizer, Judy Holloway, grumbled, “I call it the astro-turf express.”

One complaint that Tea Party activists have about Our Country Deserves Better PAC is the amount of money–raised in email appeals that ask Tea Party attendees to keep the bus running. According to the PAC’s FEC filings, it has paid out $106,455.65 this year to Russo, Marsh & Associates, a Republican consulting firm. Sal Russo, that firm’s principal, is the chief strategist for Our Country Deserves Better PAC and Move America Forward, the political group that shares much of OCDB’s leadership. Howard Kaloogian, a former Republican assemblyman in California, is also a leader in both groups. And in 2008, Our Country Deserves Better PAC ran a more explicitly partisan campaign, a nationwide Stop Obama Tour. According to Lloyd Marcus, an African-American singer who traveled with both that tour and the Tea Party Express–and appeared in a November 2008 ad the group made to thank Sarah Palin for her 2008 vice presidential campaign–the group is simply being practical. The attacks from Tea Party activists were the sort of thing that “happens anywhere that there are human beings involved.”

The Houston Tea Party statement did not just attack these funding priorities. It also went after the Express employees personally. “Some personalities on the bus have viciously clashed with grassroots organizers,” Parker wrote, “made exceedingly childish and offensive public statements about others, and savaged grassroots organizers over the internet. [The Houston Tea Party Society] considers people with that temperament unfit to credibly represent the movement.”

Tea Party activists who’d worked with the Express recounted various problems with the Tea Party Express, such as being dragooned into setting up their stages and cleaning up after they left. Meckler was paid $500 by Our Country Deserves Better PAC for his help in setting up a Sacramento event.

“I’m the guy that brought Williams into the movement,” said Meckler. He hired Williams as an emcee for Sacramento’s April 15 Tea Party rally, with positive results. Then came “erratic behavior” from Williams at a June 27 rally against cap and trade legislation. Williams, said Meckler, started “yelling through megaphone,” drawing the attention of police, whom Meckler had to pull away from the scene. “In my book,” said Meckler, “once you go off on law enforcement you step over the line.”

Williams didn’t respond to interview requests from TWI, and Our Country Deserves Better PAC spokesman Joe Wierzbicki declined to make Williams available for an interview, explaining that he and the rest of the staff were too busy and focused on the upcoming tour. But Wierzbicki, acknowledging Meckler’s complaints, said that most Tea Party groups were perfectly happy working with the Express. “We do NOT consider ourselves at OCDB or the Tea Party Express to be the leaders of the movement in any way,” said Wierzbicki. “We are just one part of the big faction. Think of it like the anti-war movement. Code Pink was not the definitive voice. Nor was MoveOn.org or International ANSWER or anyone else. There were a lot of groups involved that made up the coalition. It’s a similar dichotomy with the tea party movement.”

That’s not quite how Williams has sold the Tea Party Express. During its journey to Washington for the 9/12 taxpayer march, the Tea Party Express was heavily promoted by Fox News–Griff Jenkins, who’d reported live from Washington, D.C.’s April 15 Tea Party, was embedded on the bus. In media appearances, Williams said that the Tea Party Express was “herding cats,” and “giving people a constructive outlet” for their activism. And in those media appearances, Williams repeated some red-hot rhetoric–calling the president an “Indonesian Muslim turned welfare thug”–that, according to other Tea Party activists, reflected poorly on the movement.

“I have a 13-year-old son,” said Meckler. “He reads the news. I want to be sure I can tell him, with moral certitude, that this”–referring to Williams’ rhetoric–”is not how we are.”

The partisan aspect of the spat–the question of whether or not Tea Party groups should embrace the GOP–looks likely to remain a sticking point between different factions of the movement.

“The thing that has endeared me to Our Country Deserves Better is their standing up for conservative values,” said Lloyd Marcus. “There are some conservative Democrats, but the fact of the matter that people pushing this far-left liberal agenda are mostly Democrats.”

Marcus did have a ready exception to that rule. “I can’t tell you how many conservatives I meet are Joe Lieberman fans.”

Comments

Tweets that mention Tea Party Activists Reject PAC-Backed ‘Tea Party Express’ « The Washington Independent -- Topsy.com
Pingback posted October 9, 2009 @ 6:52 am

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Ron Paul and TMC Member Feed. TMC Member Feed said: Wash. Independent: Tea Party Activists Reject PAC-Backed ‘Tea Party Express’: The.. http://bit.ly/clcfI [...]

coreypaul
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 1:30 pm

How come I only see fat people and fat old people at these tea-bagging get together's. They are raising the cost of health care because of the way they live.

el pinche
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 3:53 pm

“Hot rhetoric” is ““Indonesian Muslim turned welfare thug” ? That's just bitter name calling from old racist obese anger goblins. But it looks like the welfare thug won a Nobel peace prize today. Sorry you racist idiots, President Obama is winning. The USA is climbing out of its hole it fell into eight years ago.

Don B. Sea
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 3:58 pm

What a bunch of freaking morons. We are in serious need a cleansing of the gene pool I think.

SpacelySpaceSprockets
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 3:59 pm

Which proves these Tea Party deals are total bullshit. Always were. Just old stupid fat white people running around showing how fat and stupid they are. Then add in the racist Klan elements and viola. Viva brancos estúpidos gordos.

friendlier
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 4:00 pm

So, wait. The Tea Party Patriots are upset that the Tea Party Express folks aren't politically correct???!!!

Heee! I've been waiting for this day for 20 years. Have fun, suckers.

CarolynMarisa
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 4:23 pm

Every time I even hear the term “tea party” I want to laugh at the utter stupidity of those who have joined ANY tea party group. I suppose I should take these people seriously, but as an educated person (and a senior citizen as well), I find that hard. They are simply obnoxious, vicious dumbasses.

plooger
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 4:30 pm

“The only people we hate more than the Democrats are the f****ng Tea Party Expressers.”

“Splitters!”

Tom Chambless
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 4:39 pm

“Other leaders argued that Mark Williams, the vice chairman of Our Country Deserves Better, was a firebrand whose rhetoric made the rest of the movement look bad.”

Suddenly the Tea-Baggers are concerned with appearances?

Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 5:03 pm

It's fun to see these cry baby groups eat each other while our President who inherited this crisis. It isn't fair. The real reason is they are racist. They can say they aren't but they really are. They are the ones who aren't moving forward. They didn't bother to hold Bush to the same game. Now all they do is blame our President for everything. They showed their asses when the President didn't get the games in Chicago. To me that was the first time I say that they truly hate the President and really want him to fail. Hate Obama more than they love our country. Shame on them.

Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 5:06 pm

Yes indeed give them a enema. Thats a good start. LOL

don13
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 5:12 pm

Russo, Maloogian, Williams….I'm familiar with all three, as they are fellow current/former residents of Sacramento. Not people I'd like to be associated with.
A decision I made years ago relative to their prior ultra-right-wing activities.

lordmi
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 5:34 pm

rats could not find piece together

Anonymous
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 10:49 pm

I just asked you what it meant. I don’t hate anyone chabuka. I feel the same way that you do. All I was trying to say was you are brushing all seniors with the same brush. Thats all. I have always been a liberal and very proud. I am actual a social democrat like my mother. You see I happen to believe government does have a place in people lives. My husband was a soldier and we lived in a socialist quarters on post. I believe in having police officers, firemen, the DOJ, all the different agencies that help this country run. Am sure you are for that.

raskon
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 5:49 pm

tea-baggers are funny. keep the laughs coming.

RenoSage
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 6:05 pm

Then they wouldn't need that big bus. They'd all fit in a VW.

mmeflutterbye
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 6:13 pm

These racist wackjobs are fighting among themselves? They can't agree because they have no idea why they have implemented this laughable “organization.” They need to gt a life.

chabuka
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 6:16 pm

Stop spending..start cutting..? okay Granny, Gramps..lets start by throwing your worthless ignorant butts off social security and Medi-Care… you can join the military, be a produtive member of society, instead of a selfish, loud mouthed, leech, draining the treasury and using up the public programs the rest of us provide for you

mmeflutterbye
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 6:16 pm

Whoa! I'm old and overweight and I hate what the teabaggers are doing to this country…make no mistake…the Republicans love them and kowtow to them.

chabuka
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 6:32 pm

Hate Democrats..? pretty strong emotion for a difference of opinion…hate is dislike enough to kill..you would kill some one because you disagree with them..? isn't that the definition of a sociopath (AKA anti-social personality disorder)…? I've always felt that difference of opinions is what keeps us a country of forward moving ideas and innovations..instead of a stagnated, introverted society, stuck in time…

Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 6:37 pm

Hey chabuka, I want you to know not all senior citizens feel the way some of these people feel. I want you to know I have worked all over the world while my husband was in the army for 21 yrs. I have contributed like all those teabaggers have to social security and medicare everyone month out of my pay. Today I went and applied for early retirement because of my health. I didn't ask for disability. I am 61 yrs. I don't have to back my way out the door for my money that I put in. I worked very hard through the years for my money. I wish I could get some work but can't with some of my limitations. I will be making less than $700.00 a month for my working many, many years. You shouldn't judge these people because of their ignorance. They are being fed this shit. It is up to their families to tell them the truth. I will excuse your ignorance.

Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 6:40 pm

What is a Splitters?

Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 6:41 pm

touche

natashawillians
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 6:43 pm

It appears that the Tea Partyers have figured out that they were being used Right Wing Professionals to spread lies and terror!

dadw5boys
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 6:56 pm

TIE IN WITH THE REPUBLICANS AND NOTHING WILL CHANGE !

Who do you think has lied you into so many wars, past Nuclear Technology to Iran, and are tied to the World Trade Center Attack, the Banking Crash by not enforcing the laws of the land.

Parts of NANO THREMITE BOMBS and ACTIVE THERMITE found in the dust of the World Trade Center. It is very clear it was a INSIDE GOVERNMENT JOB.
So go on be fooled by the Crony Cpaitalist who brought you to bankruptize and you will get what you deserve.

mpfan
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 6:57 pm

Hilarious reference to Monty Python's “Life of Brian” – touche!

dadw5boys
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 6:59 pm

you will most likely draw 5 times more than what you paid into because women espically are living longest in the USA.

charity01
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 7:40 pm

Well, well what do you know the lights finally came on. The republicans have and are using these people! This group is comprised of racist, and ignorant morons spreading hate. If this wasn't their orginal mission it is now! I loath everything about these damn teabaggers! birthers included!

CarlyCorday
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 7:40 pm

Chabuka, thank you, somebody finally SAID what so many of us think but can't say aloud in this not-really-free-speech society. You touched the sacred cow. You dared to blatantly suggest the health and well-being of the 70+ crowd should NOT always, always, always come before that of children, their parents, and their under-65 grandparents who still support themselves but may have numerous health problems. I'll be 65 probably MUCH sooner than you will. My time for Medicare is right around the corner, yet I STILL agree with you, and have held this [secret] view of Medicare for a long long time. The Tea Partyers out there, many of them, are on Medicare! It's such a slap in the face and a spitting on our shoes to have that out there screaming “Stop Obamacare! Don't Tax me! Not me!' while so much $ goes out of my every last paycheck for their care.

Believe me, I understand that not all 65-plus people act that way. When I hit 65, I will not forget who's providing my Medicare. I won't waste it on narcissistic doctor visits and tests and frivolous changes of medice every month, the way I see so many of them do, with the complicity of the hospitals and doctors, in my community.

Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 7:42 pm

Like the Demopublicans, the Republicrats supported the No Illegal Left Behind amnesty bill. This is because mass immigration, in essence, is all about keeping the real estate bubble inflated. Like the Democrats' developer and construction industry base, the Republicans' banking-financial donors benefit from the fact that hundreds of thousands of warm bodies oozing over the border buoy the housing market.

The fact that population growth leads to urban sprawl, loss of farmland (and, hence, higher food prices), loss of wild habitats and stress on freshwater supplies is lost on 'environmental' Dems. The growth lobby even uses philanthropic payolla on environmental groups: the Sierra Club accepted nearly $100M in donations (bribes, really), from David Gelbaum, to stay mum on immigration. Labourites in the Democratic party also ignore the fact that illegal immigration seriously erodes both the wages and bargaining powers of domestic workers.

Along with environmental destrucion and depressing incomes, ethnolinguistic change is another undesirable consequence of mass immigration. The Bushes pandered to the Latino vote. With America's laughable ballot box security (apparently, it's 'racist' to ask for ID), illegal aliens vote in elections. The Repubes can't blame all of this on ACORN. With the Latinization of major cities comes ethnolinguistic tension. NO democracy has ever voted to change its ethno-linguistic makeup. As politically-incorrect as it may be to admit, a functioning democracy requires ethno-linguistic coherence in its society.

Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 7:46 pm

If it wasn't for Gun-totin' Grampa's work in WW II, many of us wouldn't've BEEN here–our parents would've been made into soap in a Nazi camp.

charity01
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 7:53 pm

Finally! the lights have come! These people are being pimped by the republican party like a two bit whore! It's shameful.

Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 7:55 pm

The 'environmental' movement could take a hint from these people and tell corporate-funded astroturf groups–like the Sierra Club–to piss off. (You can't be pro-environment and pro-mass immigration at the same time.)

'Womyn's' groups could also take a hint. All the ranting about how women's rights are attacked by Christians, and yet not a peep about honor killings, hijabs, female genital mutillation and other Islamic misogynist garbage. Feminists' support for Bill 'Peyronie's Disease' Clinton–accused of RAPE–went to the point of attacking his accusers.

Innocent Bystander
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 7:56 pm

No big surprise…2 scam artist groups chasing the same core group of Republican voters – the Rubes as I like to refer to them as….the ones who willingly part with their money to support and elect the Party dedicated to reducing their government benefits.

CarlyCorday
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 7:56 pm

And I want YOU to know that the “one person liked this comment” rating you just got was from me accidentally clicking that button it when I meant to click the “reply” button.

You ended your comment on the assumption that chabuka somehow needs you to “excuse” him. Not so. Further, YOU should not tell people whom they should not judge. You sound much older than 61 by taking that preachy tone toward others. But like I said, chabuka touched a sacred cow. And this is not a free-speech society. Thank you for helping me make MY point.

Carly
Blue Star mother
age 59

Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 7:58 pm

What's REALLY funny is The One getting the Nobel. For what? Biggest campaign fund? I guess, he already has a Grammy…

Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 8:00 pm

Obama may have inherited Bush's pile of crap, but he dropped a few deuces of his own.

Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 8:04 pm

As opposed to Obama's fat, white puppet-master, Richard Mobster Daley? How about Obama's honkey-hating 'Czar', Van the Man? As for stupid, at least yer typical Tea Partier knows how many States America has (hint: it's NOT “57″).

rmreddicks
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 8:12 pm

to quote: “Williams, said Meckler, started “yelling through megaphone,” drawing the attention of police, whom Meckler had to pull away from the scene.”

That cat's got some juice. Imagine someone from the left pulling some cops away from the scene.

Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 8:12 pm

A fan of Van the Man, I see.

Nah–it really WAS a bunch of Qur'an-thumping women-haters who flew those planes into the WTC and Pentagon, hoping to get that 72 ho gangbang in the sky. Just like it was some crazy, Chicago Muslim (Firas Alkhateeb) who came up with that “OBAMA:SOCIALIST” Joker poster. Some things really ARE to painful to admit for the lefties…just like conservatives won't acknowledge the fact that Raghead-lover Ronnie 'Poop Pants' Reagan–the origional teleprompter master–helped fund and create the Mujaheddin-cum-Taliban. (Families of 9/11 victims should go and piss on his tomb.)

dsjulian
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 8:16 pm

The teabaggers are ignorant, deaf, and blind. Wherfe are the pro-Obama teabaggers. Every time there is an anti-Obamam event, we should show up with twice as many supporters. That's how you educate them. Can you imagine what would happen of they showed up to a town hall meeting and there were no seats left for them? How do you think FOX news would report that? And how long would the astroturf PACs continue to support a completely ineffective bus tour?

rmreddicks
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 8:18 pm

I think the three of you are pretty much on the same page. Just talking past each other.

CarlyCorday
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 8:18 pm

The Gramps and Grannies you see today, especially the ones holding signs and yelling at the townhalls/Tea Bag rallies, had nothing to do with world war II. Many of them in fact dodged service in Vietnam, like the men they vote for and the ones they've elevated to godhood: Cheney, Bush, Boehner, Michael Reagan, Charles Krauthammer, Rush Limbaugh, Dennis Miller, Karl Rove, Trent Lott, Tom Delay, John Ashcroft, Newt Gingrich (my typing figers are tired, you get my drift yet?). The Wrold war II generation is very olsd now. They are not attending townhalls and protest rallies. don't conflate THEM with the people on Miedicare attending rallies. It's FALSE.

(What's more, I know many WW II age people. 70% of the ones I know were never even in the military. Quite a few told me of the poular ways that men, including themselves, used back then to avoid service and stay out of the war.

All generations are Great. Don't let someone else tell you who is greater than who. Look into facts for yourself. Don't swallow the canards that come at you all day long.)

Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 8:19 pm

It appears that the Sierra Club's members eventually figured out that they were being used by David Gelbaum's $100M payolla to spread the idea that mass immigration-fuelled urban sprawl really is good for the environment! Also, when Bill Clinton makes you suck his Peyronie's disease-warped cock, or some Qur'an-thumping nutjob in a beard makes girls wear bags on their heads, it's progress for women's rights!

rmreddicks
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 8:20 pm

This doesn't include Adam

patgund
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 8:21 pm

Lie down with dogs

Get up with fleas

andresmercado
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 8:22 pm

That is confusing!! I would sympathise with Tea Party Patriots but seems like its so homogenized now that its better to steer clear of them all.

rmreddicks
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 8:24 pm

“Wenn ich 'teaparty' höre … entsichere ich meinen Browning!”

Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 8:27 pm

Do what Obama did for his campaign–hit Microsoft, the media-telecom industry, Managed Care and Pharmaceutical companies, Monsanto and all of B.O.'s other huge corporate and union donors up for funding. I GUARANTEE you the non-Fox media–who helped Obama come up with his staggering, $700M+ campaign fund–will give you positive coverage. If any of you make racist statements and circulate 'truther' petitions (like Van Jones), or bow to misogynistic despots and claim to have no knowledge of the goings-on of a criminally-involved organization you worked for (Obama), only Fox will air that.

rmreddicks
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 8:27 pm

If you are so marginalized that you believe that canard about “57 states” you demand of yourself uselessness and hopelessness.

RenoSage
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 8:29 pm

Hi, Youngster. I will be 90 Dec. 21, just to let you know that I know what
I am talking about.
Each and every month when your Social Security check arrives on the 3rd
of the month, the cost of Medicare is deducted, at the current time that is
$106. When my income was more, due to interest and investments, the
amount deducted was $50 more.
And I think taxes should be raised. Living in America is a bargain in many
ways..

rmreddicks
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 8:31 pm

Coherence by Adam not in evidence. Demagogic mantra by Adam in evidence.

rmreddicks
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 8:38 pm

Factionalization occurs. Perhaps in this case of the teabaggers “fractionalization occurs. Or more probably in the teabag mind endeavoring to understand the world as it is “fictionalization occurs”.

andresmercado
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 8:39 pm

Adam…I belong to the Sierra Club. Have been a member off and on for a long time. I did quit them about 8 years ago when they wouldn't take a stance on illegal immigration, which I feel has really screwed up the country. (no matter what people say) I believe its the main factor on why our schools are falling apart. Adding all these extra people who needed special education doomed them.
I didn't know that the Sierra Club lhad been bribed but I'll check it out. If true I'' resign today.

rmreddicks
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 8:52 pm

Good that adman and daddy have finally found each other.

dsjulian
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 8:56 pm

Those large coporate interests didn't only contribute to Obama's campaign, they contribute to both campaigns. It's like when the late mafia boss Sammy Giancana was asked, are you for the Republican or the Democrat? His reply, “Take your pick, I own them both!”

The point here is that it is the people, not the dollars, that make the difference. Obama got elected by the people. Get over it. What we are talking about here is well-funded Republican operatives creating phony grass-roots organizations (astro turfs) in order to try to recapture Congressional seats lost to the Obama wave. What does it tell you when they have to resort to fearmongering, half-truths, outright lies, and subterfuge (like this) to appeal to birthers, deathers, tenthers, anti-choicers, and gun-toting militia nuts in order to get any votes at all?

Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 9:05 pm

Big shit, I have family that has served in the military over 60 year including my husband and all retired and wounded veterans. I am sorry for you. I didn't like chabuka judging all old people with the same brush. I got news for you I have always been a lefty and I have never voted for a republican, never. Am sorry you lost child. There are many that have and many more that will. My dad had machine gun wounds from WWII that effective him til the day he died. My father-in-law had wounds from VN til the day he died. I want you to know I understand better than you will ever know. I had an uncle who died in WWII and you never get over it. I wasn't even talking to you in the first place. If he has a problem am sure he'll respond. He is a big boy. You are telling me not to judge yet here you are trying to take my free speech. Is it alright for him to judge all old people. I got news for you, am may be 61 but unlike you acting like a baby telling me I hit the wrong button. LOL your the child grow up yourself. Ask me if I care that you hit the wrong button. Hell no. I didn't care and didn't even notice until you said it.

Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 9:08 pm

God bless you. I bet you don't back out the door when you get your check.

Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 9:20 pm

Listen lady, there are many senior I know agree with you. Do you work? When I worked I paid into the social security and medicare. I am not getting anything for free and neither are you. You being a young lady of 59 probably do not remember why these programs were first started. You ought to ask the gentleman below who is 90 why these programs started. Families that were raising their children couldn't afford to pay for the parents health care and they were falling through the cracks and dying. Thank god for the democrats who brought these programs into being. Today we have the Chips programs to help young children. In my state they have programs to help children. My own son who works very hard pays alot of money for health care. He took his baby to the ER and the clerk said to him you have really bad insurance. She said that she would send it through Tenncare a special program for people who have bad insurance but it helps the cost. He was really upset because he pays over $300. a month for 2 people. You would think his insurance would cover it but it didn't. I pray and have called most of the blue dog democrats, even the ones that are not in my state. I happen to have a wonder government insurance for retired military and their families. I pay half of what my son pay every quarter. Now I even wrote the president and asked him why everyone couldn't have this kind of plan. I wish everyday and pray that my son and his friends could have this kind of health insurance. When I call these people it isn't for me its for the ones who are under insured or don't have any insurance. I live in a red state and there are many. So I do know what you are saying and yes some not all seniors are selfish. I try to tell them it doesn't effect them. They are very scared.

Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 9:25 pm

It is sad isn't?

Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 9:26 pm

The Dumbs get most of their funding from the media-telcos, construction firms and land developent/real estate companies, the nuclear sector (heavilly cross-invested with the media), heavy industry, managed care companies, pharmaceutical firms, EASTERN coal interests and various unions/institutional (pension) investors. The Repugs get their dough from banks and [re]insurers, WESTERN coal companies, oil companies, some other pharma companies, some military contractors (aerospace went GOP, during the Reagan era), broadband telcos, some computer hardware companies (those, like IBM, who hate Microsoft) and sundry resource firms (forestry, &c.).

A big split was over the Bush FCC's whitespace spectrum reallocation decision. The companies who paid to put Obama into office–and also own Dolly Parton, Will.I.Am and all the other anti-whitespace reallocation/probama glitteratti–had a conniption of epic proportions, when this decision came down. This is still in the courts. Obama's FCC has been very hedgy, delaying the digital changeover, citing 'costs' ($400M for the converter boxes–”too costly” after the $700BILLION stimulus?). This is a VERY big money issue for media and broadcast companies.

As for the people…52.5% is an honest majority of votes, but hardly a 'landslide' (as some in the media called it). 'Race' has nothing to do with the anti-Obama sentiment. As the man himself said, he was just as 'black' (or 'white') BEFORE the election. His tanking approval record has many causes, but 'Edsel syndrome' is perhaps the likeliest. The media sold him as some sort of Messiah, giving free healthcare and world peace. All the people got was another slimy, corporate and union PAC-backed politician, with nothing but another bunch of porkbarrel programs and attacks on civil liberties to offer.

Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 9:39 pm

Here's an article on the Gelbaum debacle:

A donation is a bribe. If it works like payolla…

Canada's leading eco-ranter, David Suzuki, works the same way. The David Suzuki Foundation gets most of its funding from the big banks: BMO-Financial and CIBC. (The Canadian banking industry has lobbied for nearly doubling Canada's 250k/a immigrant intake–more warm bodies mean more housing, meaning more mortgages and REITs.)

Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 9:46 pm

Well it might be that. I doubt it. I have medical problems, I will be happy if I live to be 75. But it is in gods hands. But you know what I never begrudged the senior who went before me. I guess I was raised to respect the elderly. I have volunteered at many nursing homes and see people who are so lonely some times it makes you cry. We all will get there sooner or later. My father died young at the age of 50 leaving 2 small children. My mom died when she was 65. So who knows when I will leave this earth. We should help the young and old but we must help the ones who have to take care of the young and old.

Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 9:47 pm

It saddens me to see the racists hate our President more than they love our country.

Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 9:49 pm

Let hope he will improve it.

Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 9:52 pm

Don't forget Pat Buchannan, who thinks the U.S. should've sat out WW II. Also JFK, upon whose rotten shoulders should be laid blame for much of the Vietnam mess and pissing away billions on Cold War military and space program porkbarrel spending.

As someone who is far too chicken to've enlisted, I don't like to impugn the Great Generation. Say what you want, but millions of these people–who grew up in the post-WW I, quasi-hippy, peacenick counterculture–went to war, rather than being 'conciensious objectors'. We have them to thank for monkeywrenching the Holocaust.

Unlike the border-hoppers, these Baby Boomer Tea Partiers actually paid taxes into Medicare.

Anonymous
Comment posted October 10, 2009 @ 3:42 am

I’m glad he got the prize if for no other reason than to watch the haters foam at the mouth over it—-I thought Rush was gonna have an aneurysm today LOL

mmeflutterbye
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 11:03 pm

The Republicans are funding the teabaggers whether the TB's like it or not. The TB's have been coopted. Actually, that's where these cranky, disruptive yellers belong…in the Republican party. The TB's meld very well into the negativity of the GOP. But then nobody would notice them in the shouting…however, Dick Army's group has been funding them. And now they belong to him.

mmeflutterbye
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 11:06 pm

Adam…take your meds!

rmreddicks
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 11:19 pm

Maybe when he gets a public option. Though the public would be glad to start him now.

NewHampshire
Comment posted October 10, 2009 @ 12:24 am

No one is fueling or funding the tea partiers – not news outlets, PACs or least of all the GOP.

Obama is working for the elitist most wealthy globalists and he's dumbing down America for their world order. It is big money from the Annenbergs, Kissingers, Soros, Rockefellers and Gates and other 'foundations' that are behind him. It is the old world socialist oligarchy that has chosen him to destroy American from within.. and he's doing a good job of THAT.

NewHampshire
Comment posted October 10, 2009 @ 12:30 am

Wrong. As usual. We only wish. The GOP hasn't done squat.

Swami_Binkinanda
Comment posted October 10, 2009 @ 12:57 am

The difference between a libertine and a prostitute is…….one gets to ride in the bus?

chrisjay
Comment posted October 10, 2009 @ 3:22 am

It was the lefties screaming about election fraud after the 2000 and '04 elections. I notice you have failed to mention the massive election fraud perpetrated by Diebold & friends in those elections.Individual 'voter' fraud is peanuts compared to the election-wide fraud we saw in Ohio in '04.
Big bad unions & Sierra Club, but no mention of US Chamber of Commerce and their role in immigration policy.
Take off the blinders and re-configure your conspiracy scenario

chrisjay
Comment posted October 10, 2009 @ 3:33 am

If I had a dollar for every fat mouthbreather of a certain age who claims to have seen combat in Nam, only to come home and have hippies spit on him & call him a 'baby killer' I'd be filthy rich. An urban legend to beat all others, and ALWAYS purveyed by pig-eyed phonies. The ones I know for certain were over there are uniformly circumspect about their war experience, and don't tend to engage in the revisionist history to which you allude, Carly. I particularly loathe the sub-species known as the Modern Chickenhawk: Always rightwing, always smacktalking, always cowards.

chrisjay
Comment posted October 10, 2009 @ 3:39 am

Carly, you have hit upon an evergreen strategy of the craven right: not only do they separate us by economic classes to put us at each others' throats, now they've found a way to separate us into age-specific classes in order to better divide & conquer.
Scum of the earth.

gary h
Comment posted October 10, 2009 @ 4:27 am

the organizarion was being hijacked by nazi-republican agendas, well duh

islandgyal
Comment posted October 10, 2009 @ 1:31 pm

Tea Party Hatetriots just chug along as you are; it works for us!

islandgyal
Comment posted October 10, 2009 @ 1:33 pm

NewHampshire,
Yup, yup, another resident from Biazarro World…. you betcha….

How's the weather there?

islandgyal
Comment posted October 10, 2009 @ 1:41 pm

Tea Party Hatetriots, please keep on keeping on; we love the birthers, deathers, tenthers, Czarers, 2nd Amendmenters, FAUX news dupes, the crying psycho beckheads, ditto heads; we LOVE YAs.

BTW, please nominate Saint Sarah come 2012, we will love that even more.

Comment posted October 10, 2009 @ 8:22 pm

I dunno. I hate onions…yet I don’t go Postal on the displays in grocery stores.

Irish_Wake
Comment posted October 10, 2009 @ 4:13 pm

Why is big-money support of teabaggers ignored by New Hampshire teabaggers?
There ain't no secret. This was posted earlier on this site:

History shows David Koch founded Citizens for a Sound Economy Foundation, which became Americans for Prosperity (AFP). Koch also founded Citizens for a Sound Economy, which became FreedomWorks. A majority (84%) of funding for Citizens for a Sound Economy Foundation came from the Koch Family Foundations ($12,906,712) and the Scaife Family Foundations ($2,510,000). (Scaife funded Swift Boaters also.)

AFP received approximately 84% of its donations ($1,000,000) from the Koch Family Foundation, through the subsidiary Claude R. Lambe Charitable Foundation.

I note that the AFP website has a New Hampshire section, including a headline 'AFP-NH to Host Taxpayer Tea Party At State Capitol'. AFP supplies funding and signs for demonstrations. While you personal group(s) may not be funded, big-money Washington K Street groups are paying for the party.

So, what have we learned from the world of established fact?
1) The idea that teabaggers receive no outside money is contrary to facts.
2) New Hampshire is a prominent, well-funded piece of Koch strategy.
3) New Hampshire teabaggers continue to deny established fact.

goodpyr
Comment posted October 10, 2009 @ 4:47 pm

BARF!

goodpyr
Comment posted October 10, 2009 @ 5:06 pm

Would you be surprised to know that our most famous
cinematic “war hero” actually asked for a deferment for WWII?
His name was Marion Morrison AKA John Wayne.

goodpyr
Comment posted October 10, 2009 @ 5:11 pm

Ike committed us to Viet Nam.Johnson escalated it.

goodpyr
Comment posted October 10, 2009 @ 5:13 pm

You don't have to use it.

Comment posted October 10, 2009 @ 7:57 pm

Bush's banker buddies, along with other (low-cost labor loving) business interests were also behind the No Illegal Left Behind amnesty. It's not just cheap, illegal labor working in sausage plants in the Midwest; the construction industry depends on an influx of warm bodies, to sustain demand for housing and associated infrastructure (roads, new schools). The real estate bubble may have popped last year, in part, due to the Amnesty falling through.

Richard M. Daley's father MAY have been involved in voter fraud, in the 1960 Presidential election.

Not only should there be MANDATORY voter-ID, but the U.S. should dump those ridiculous, Rube Goldberg voting machines for plain, old, verifiable PAPER ballots (mark an 'x'), like every other democracy on the planet. No 'hanging chads', no nonsense. BTW, Diebold won't release the source code of their software. This is REALLY important, for security auditing. Note that the NSA developed SELinux as an open-source, community-developed project–even THEY don't trust closed-source software for their own use.

Comment posted October 10, 2009 @ 8:15 pm

mreddicks,

57 States:

Bow to Abdulla:

“I don't speak Austrian”:

Trying to steal Dan 'potatoe' Quayle's wooden spoon?

I rest my case.

plooger
Comment posted October 11, 2009 @ 3:22 am

As mpfan (Monty Python fan) indicated, it’s a reference to a scene from Monty Python’s most excellent film, ‘Life of Brian,’ in which several characters discuss the name of their organization — and the names of several other organizations, seemingly identical in purpose, yet fragmented (split) into distinct groups for some reason.

The above is a slightly paraphrased snippet from the scene dialogue.

plooger
Comment posted October 11, 2009 @ 3:35 am

The post which you are critiquing is merely a paraphrasing of a movie line, so I guess it wasn’t as humorous, or as broadly recognizable, as I expected. At least mpfan got a kick out of it.

As for your redefining the word ‘hate,’ not much I can say or do for you. I *would* say though that your redefinition presumes every person has some threshold of dislike or loathing beyond which they are capable of murder. Some people, maybe; all people, no.

I really can’t figure out whether your reasoning is just sloppy or intentionally misleading. Whichever, I recommend you do some reference work regarding my original post; maybe you’ll come away a little less stressed.

mitch233
Comment posted October 10, 2009 @ 11:02 pm

Nice flag Mr. Patriot.

Chico Brisbane
Comment posted October 10, 2009 @ 11:07 pm

Tea Party?, I've seen TupperWare Parties bigger than that. – I'm just saying…

Anonymous
Comment posted October 11, 2009 @ 4:28 am

Thank you for the explanation. The idiot below you mentioned it and I asked him what it meant. But I thought maybe Chewy heard it and repeated it.

BRT
Comment posted October 11, 2009 @ 12:42 am

You fools need to get new material. Going over the same old ground just makes you sound like a broken and irrelevant CD.

Besides, my guess is that at the end of 8 years, we won't have an entire book of Obama gaffes, like we did with George Bush, will we?

W.'s Greatest Hits
The top 25 Bushisms of all time.
By Jacob Weisberg

Comment posted October 11, 2009 @ 6:39 am

My guess is that Barry-O is having transient ischemic attacks, or something similar. He's NOT a dummy, yet has these intermittent spells of stupidity: forgetting what city he's in (even what COUNTRY he's in–like when he was in Ottawa), eye-popping breaches of protocol (that horrible bow to Abdullah), saying stupid things…plus, he has that purplish coloration about the lips, which seems to come-and-go. (Cyanosis can mean TIAs; he WAS a cocaine user and still smokes.) Plus, he looks pretty haggard for his age and what I presume are his tailored suits don't fit. He never did provide a complete medical file, unlike John 'the geezer' McCain. Maybe Obama and Cheney can go on the Ornish diet together…

As for Bushisms, Dubya couldn't top his dad, who puked on the Japanese PM.

chrisjay
Comment posted October 11, 2009 @ 4:55 pm

“…an Indonesian Muslim turned welfare-thug”—-with a wingnut peanut gallery cranking out these juvenile rage-barrages one on top of the other, I don't think its gonna be Barry's gaffes that'll stand out, in the fullness of time.

DOUGLASFIELD
Comment posted October 11, 2009 @ 9:16 pm

~ SADLY MANY OF GODS SINCERE RELIGIOUS FOLLOWERS HAVE BEEN MISLEAD AND ARE FOLLOWING SATAN INSTEAD.~

OUR U.S.CONGRESS AT LEAST DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE…
THEY AFFORD POORER AMERICANS THE SAME EMERGENCY ONLY HEALTH*CARE THAT ILLEGAL ALIENS RECEIVE.

AMERICA~LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT~ 45,000 DEAD POOR AMERICANS LEAVE U.S. EVERY*YEAR DUE TO 3rd WORLD HEALTH CONDITIONS ??

** POLITICS IN AMERICA IS VERY SIMPLE TO UNDERSTAND WHEN OUR MIDDLE~CLASS & WORKING POOR CITIZENS ARE ALL BEING FORCED 2 ALLOW BIG $$$ TO CONTROL THE PEOPLES HALLS OF THE U.S.CONGRESS..

** OUR VERY OWN AMERICAN HEALTH*CARE SATANIC VERSES HAS KEPT 45 MILLION POOR AMERICANS IN 3rd WORLD HEALTH CONDITIONS.

AMERICAN RELIGIOUS LEADERS ALL ACROSS THE USA HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ABLE TO COUNT ON THEIR RELIGIOUS FLOCK TO CONTRIBUTE(TITHE)THEIR HARD EARNED MONIES TO THEIR MINISTRIES EVERY WEEK.

THE MAJORITY OF AMERICANS ATTENDING RELIGIOUS SERVICES IN THE U.S. ARE MIDDLE~CLASS AND WORKING POOR CITIZENS WHO NOW DESPERATELY NEED THE HELP AND SUPPORT FROM THESE SAME U.S.RELIGIOUS LEADERS IN LOBBYING THE U.S.CONGRESS TO PROVIDE PROPER HEALTH~CARE FOR ALL POORER AMERICANS.

SILENT AMERICAN RELIGIOUS LEADERS WHO ALL HAVE HEALTH~CARE FOR THEMSELVES AND THEIR FAMILIES IS MUCH MORE FRIGHTENING THEN THE POSSIBLE DENIAL OF A FUTURE HEALTH~CARE PLAN FOR ALL…

**45,OOO AMERICANS DIE EACH YEAR IN THE WEALTHIEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD DIRECTLY RELATED TO THEIR LACK OF PROPER HEALTH*CARE.

LAWYERS FOR POOR AMERICANS CAN BE FOUND WITH ANY WWW SEARCH.(424-247-2013)

Patrick
Comment posted October 11, 2009 @ 9:29 pm

The only thing guiding these folks is hatred and stupidity. They want to “take back their country” from what? Bottom line is that they are just a bunch of sore losers in last years election and can't handle having a progressive president in office. It is such a difference from what we had for 8 years of the worst and by far most stupid president EVER. Bush destroyed my/our country and it will take a long time to correct his failures and mistakes, not only 10 months! The true Independents need to beware of the GOP using them. The GOP is nothing more than a bunch of bitter politicians who don't want to see Obama achieve anythingand will falsify anything they can.

CynthiaGee
Comment posted October 13, 2009 @ 2:05 am

The Tea Party movement is being hijacked, but not so much by the GOP as by White Supremacists.
Check it out:

Tea Party Group Accused Of Astroturf Lobbying | Obama Biden White House
Pingback posted October 13, 2009 @ 6:57 pm

[...] Washington Independent takes a look at the tumultuous infighting that has caused a rift in the conservative tea party movement. The paper reports that Amy Kremer, [...]

refusetobeanidiot
Comment posted October 13, 2009 @ 9:57 pm

You are retarded

“Together we can Kill This Bill!” : Rolling Stone : National Affairs Daily
Pingback posted October 13, 2009 @ 11:46 pm

[...] who was booted from the TPP board in September, nonetheless appears to have maintained an active role in leading [...]

My Pure Diet. Health News & Supplements.
Pingback posted October 14, 2009 @ 4:39 pm

milesdigby
Comment posted October 15, 2009 @ 6:37 am

Of course we in the hated “fact based world” must agree these groups do not seem like folks with the intelligence to run our country. It makes great sense that Democrats would SNIDELY love them. But look they really WON on health care.They changed the Obama stance from Public option to “what option”. People in these groups are easily led. They also are not that smart (see Oct 14, 2009) “Chris Mathews show”, I actually felt bad for the two guys.

I don't believe they are all dumb, some are just rock hard Libertarians, who I don't agree with but they are some of the most service oriented folks I have ever known. It is rare to meet non religious people who give 10% of their income to charity, as well as a lot of their time. But my libertarian friends always do. They walk the walk.

As a liberal in good standing, being for the 2nd amendment is not some goofy ultra right wing thing to be. I am also a extremist when it comes to the 1st Amendment.

Remember underestimate your opponents at your peril. The right wing kicked our butts this summer. No one saw it coming/ or being that effective. President Obama sure missed it.

Remember how medicare for all was in the bag because 75% of Americans were for it. Of course these “stupid” tea baggers can't yell their way / bully their way into any real result on the final bill.

This is what happens when you get DISMISSIVE of people because” WERE” all just so much smarter than “THEM”! The white house should have seen this coming.

This is the liberal Achilles heel.

M. D.

terrycharlottehomes
Comment posted October 16, 2009 @ 11:18 pm

Let the Tea Party folks take the Republican Party to its logical conclusion- a small, race baiting party of the south, appealing to Birthers, white supremacists, and former John Birch society members- about 24% of the nation last I checked.

monkey99
Comment posted October 25, 2009 @ 1:37 am

Just rabble-rousers, all. Not worth the effort to think about their nonsense.

Progressive Nation » Blog Archive » The Growing Rift Between Libertarians and Republicans
Pingback posted October 28, 2009 @ 6:06 pm

[...] not sur­pris­ingly with the Repub­li­can Tea Party Express.  The Tea Party Patri­ots are not happy and ejected Amy Kre­mer, the Atlanta activist who co-founded the orga­ni­za­tion, after she [...]

NJP’s Olson Interviews Kenneth Gladney on the Tea Party Express | NEWS JUNKIE POST
Pingback posted October 28, 2009 @ 7:11 pm

[...] ministry at Fox ‘News’. The Tea Party Express represents the latest incarnation of this conquest for political purposes, as it is directly sponsored by the Republican political action committee [...]

ghendric
Comment posted November 11, 2009 @ 6:30 am

You obviously don't get it.. The Republicans are just as bad as the Democrats. They've both have taken this country so far left that it's hardly recognizable anymore. That's not what our founding fathers invisioned. For the most part, the majority of people are just right of center and value their liberties and freedoms. This government is trying to control everyone and everything. That's not American. The tea party movement is about getting back to the basics that this country was founded on, not on any particular party.

Fox promotes tea party leader who calls Barney Frank ‘dancing queen’ | Raw Story
Pingback posted November 12, 2009 @ 1:32 pm

[...] few weeks later, the Washington Independent ran a story — titled "Tea Party Activists Reject PAC-Backed ‘Tea Party Express’" — which explained that [...]

Tea Party activists bitter about GOP ‘hijacking’ movement
Pingback posted December 31, 2009 @ 10:22 am

[...] victories in 2010 and 2012. Members of the more genuinely grassroots Tea Party Patriots have been expressing their anger over this for months, and Talking Points Memo has now obtained an email from one [...]

Tea Party bitter | A Flag Of Conviction
Pingback posted December 31, 2009 @ 11:40 am

Tea Party activists bitter about GOP ‘hijacking’ movement | The Aperio Movement
Pingback posted December 31, 2009 @ 12:02 pm

The teabagger takeover : The Reid Report
Pingback posted January 4, 2010 @ 11:42 pm

[...] for literally thousands, or tens of thousands, of potential donors, volunteers and voters. The Washington Independent has been following the bickering for months, including the fact that some TPP types worry that the [...]

‘The Tea Party Movement Is About To Be Hijacked’: Activists Slam Plan For Convention
Pingback posted January 12, 2010 @ 7:51 am

[...] which is run by a group of well-connected GOP consultants and who the Patriots already view as a group of astroturf parvenus — will be at the convention. Perhaps even worse: though Phillips has said that Tea Party [...]

SowellFood
Comment posted January 22, 2010 @ 10:55 am

Its only been a year, and we're starting the second volume.

SowellFood
Comment posted January 22, 2010 @ 11:03 am

There is obviously enough hatred to go around, and a good majoritity of it is expressed on this comment thread.

Try forming arguments backed by fact rather than emotion.

Sad, sad little people you are.

SowellFood
Comment posted January 22, 2010 @ 3:55 pm

Its only been a year, and we're starting the second volume.

SowellFood
Comment posted January 22, 2010 @ 4:03 pm

Try forming arguments backed by fact rather than emotion.

Sad, sad little people you are.

Tea Party Follow-up | anotherpanacea
Pingback posted March 6, 2010 @ 12:14 pm

[...] a unified or directed ideology or movement. Though the largest Tea Party organizations are run by GOP PACs and Republican-affiliated consulting firms, the majority of ordinary members don’t know about [...]

Gary
Comment posted March 26, 2010 @ 12:45 am

My Tea Party Bros and Sis please remember that “the enemy of my enemy is my friend” Meaning we have alot more in common with Repubs than with Dems and right from the start we really need to understand that forming a third party candidate would be allowing the Dems to maintain control of Congress. We need to be very practical in these treachorous days.

Mike Morrison
Comment posted March 27, 2010 @ 9:04 pm

First off your not my Tea party brother. If your idea is a vote for a third party candidate is a vote thrown away that could have been used for a republican or defeating a democrat your as far away from the original “tea party” movement as one can get.

Second on your logic, I find it offensive.
WRONG… Your notion of the means Justify the end is EXACTLY what is wrong with politics and the downward Death Spiral of our country. Doing what is right vrs. shouldn't have anything to do with what eveyone ele is doing or where the power lies.

Tea Party reprise … « Uncle Wiggily’s Heartland Notebook
Pingback posted April 6, 2010 @ 3:17 pm

[...] across the nation. How many know that the TPE was conceived, funded and implemented by a small group of Republican political gunslingers (who run their own political consulting firm, as well as having demonstrable ties to the Republican [...]

Splitters And Bullshitters… « Back Towards The Locus
Pingback posted April 18, 2010 @ 10:06 am

[...] it! – this is the group that Sarah Palin’s backed and Fox stridently promotes. Other Tea Partiers hate it, and why not? It’s clearly sprung from the bowels of the Establishment, and, [...]

PR Consultants In “Not Desperately Authentic” Shock… « Back Towards The Locus
Pingback posted April 18, 2010 @ 10:06 am

[...] believe it! – this is the group that Sarah Palin’s backed and Fox stridently promotes. Other Tea Partiers hate it, and why not? It’s clearly sprung from the bowels of the Establishment, and, [...]

If I Could Just Touch the Hem of Her Garment, I Know I’d Be Healed « Andrew Breitbart: Mall Cop
Pingback posted April 26, 2010 @ 10:31 am

[...] Victoria Jackson’s joined up with the Tea Party Express, and has been traveling the country on the GOP’s dime. Being a low-level GOP-shill has its advantages, of course, one of which is the ability to come [...]

Grand Old Tea Party: Neanderthals at Work « Bear Market News
Pingback posted May 24, 2010 @ 4:26 pm

[...] is run by the Our Country Deserves Better PAC. As the Washington Independent‘s Dave Weigel has reported, OCDB’s leadership is chock-full of professional GOP operatives, including Republican [...]

Relay 3 Price Brand, Relay 1 Calculate 12 Volts - 380.tijuanareader.com
Pingback posted May 25, 2010 @ 12:46 pm

[...] 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112Relay 3 Price Brand, Relay 1 Calculate 12 Volts – 380.tijuanareader.comRelay 3 Price Brand, Relay 1 Calculate 12 Voltsbus headlight relay low beams relay 1 upgrade soldering iron headlight relay wiring diagram 2 discount the perfect fit group frame relay relay 2 used motors ford powerstroke glow plug relay relay 1 parts 2007 saturn capa certified eagle ford swift diagram fuse box fuel pump relay excalibur headlight relay dns open relay sky for sale michigan saturn relay 1 aftermarket 2005 saturn relay buick terraza 2005 minivan saturn relay review discount mercedes benz 300se fuel pump relay relay 2 coupon app codes relay 3 discount aftermarket truck parts wiper blade 3 body kits relay harness relay 3 manual single pole relay 2 discount 2007 saturn honda odyssey nissan quest 11 discount car parts 2005 saturn relay 2005 saturn relay price relay 2 replacement need catalog relay 1 radiator repair relay 3 low price discount schedule inrush current relay 2 price 3rd row split 1 replacement heated saturn relay 1998 honda civic relay ea frame relay ac relay district 2007 saturn relay 1 honda odyssey 1999 jeep radiator fan relay 1 sale engine 2005 saturn relay relay 2 parts kit stock frame relay used voice packet switching saturn relay 2 parts tail light catalog relay 1 floor salvage buy relay 2 parts following saturn 2 discount aftermarket fuel pump relay relay discount looking fuel pump relay 2 parts bolt torque refrigerator relay replacement kenmore 560sec discount w107 mercedes fuel pump relay 1 promotion frame relay relay 2 2nd hand door electronic honda fan relay relay 1 sale dictionary another pcb relay g5v 2 dpco saturn Relay3 radiator relay 3 odm current transformer 1 offer overload relay relay 1 auto zone cardone relay 3 patch headlight relay ford e 250 econoline add relay exchange 2001 honda civic headlight relay fuse box saturn relay 1 custom passenger side relay 2 discount appliance relay 1 parts and review mirror saturn relay parts replacement solid state relay performance curves relay 2 hid conversion kit 300sel headlight right mercedes fuel pump relay relay 1 sale brooks spdt automotive relay 1 offer automotive relays relay iii discount low price cooling relay 2 rent overcurrent 2 discount power solid state relays hyundai transmission relay relay 1 burner duty cycle relay 3 aftermarket months university relay series relay 1 promo parts 2 relay building automation systems pam series r32 headlight relay slk k40 relay 1 coupon auto parts fuel pump relay nissan radiator cooling fan relay sil rated relay din rail buchholz relay oil operated relay 1 used red uranus jupiter and saturn relay iii problems saturn relay 2 used suv minivan fuel pump relay 99 grand prix 3 16 relay 120 vac relay 2 used 2007 saturn front wheel drive buick terraza frame relay dlci 1023 2 relay nebraska orthopaedic hospital old market in omaha amp relay 3 ac panel mount 2 compare prices saturn relay part auto relay use starter solenoid 1 for sale engine starter relay 3 price vehicle 2005 saturn relay 420sel headlight 1988 mercedes fuel pump relay turn signal 2 discount auto parts 2005 saturn relay brake pads 3 compare prices saturn relay model auto relay part dieu cay paracel islands s320 headlight bulb fuel pump relay relay auto parts beck arnley 1 buy thermal overload relay 199 Jeep Wrangler | Antiques 1998 Ford | B2000 Mx 6 | George Lane Fox | Kia Sorento Drive | [...]

adidas originals
Comment posted June 5, 2010 @ 1:27 am

Thanks for this interesting post,i like it.

arc
Comment posted June 18, 2010 @ 1:42 am

In Utah, June 2010, Tea Party Patriot leaders have stated that they were not endorsing Mike Lee during the primary. Tea Party Express decided to back Lee, even though 3 candidates, Mike Lee, Tim Bridgewater and Cherilyn Eagar had been asked to speak at the Tea Party Express events this spring.

Lee is being backed by Freedomworks, who seems to also want to take control of the tea party movement.

louis vuitton
Comment posted July 3, 2010 @ 3:26 am

air jordan shoes
Comment posted July 13, 2010 @ 1:41 am

Thans for this good post. I like it

Osborne Ink || News that's fairly liberal, but never unbalanced. » Blog Archive » The Banality of Teabaggery
Pingback posted July 16, 2010 @ 1:46 am

[...] With Dick Armey making $200 an hour at FreedomWorks, it’s plain the whole teabagging fad was a scheme to keep Republican operators in clover. Which is why it has taken control of the party, and also why the rabble they roused now complains that “their” movement has been hijacked. [...]

cheap louis vuitton
Comment posted July 20, 2010 @ 10:10 am

Corporate Media Blogger Says Oakland Freeway Shooter Linked to Tea Party | Dark Politricks
Pingback posted July 21, 2010 @ 10:32 am

[...] using the political heft of the movement to push a bland, partisan Republican agenda,” writes David Weigel for the Washington [...]

louis vuitton handbags
Comment posted July 25, 2010 @ 4:26 am

fendi handbags
Comment posted July 27, 2010 @ 1:29 am

Info
Comment posted August 3, 2010 @ 2:41 pm

I agree with your point of view. Great article for sharing.

Info
Comment posted August 3, 2010 @ 2:42 pm

I agree with your point of view. Great article for sharing.

louis vuitton bags
Comment posted August 4, 2010 @ 7:03 am

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the excellent work.

Replica Chanel Bags
Comment posted August 4, 2010 @ 7:04 am

Excellent site, keep up the good work my colleagues would love this. I read a lot of blogs on a daily basis and for the most part, people lack substance but, I just wanted to make a quick comment to say I’m glad I found your blog. Thanks

lv
Comment posted August 9, 2010 @ 1:44 pm

Thanks for sharing!

discount gucci
Comment posted August 15, 2010 @ 8:31 am

It's a interesting news,i like it.Additionally,wellcome to my website handbags.There are so many GUCCI Bags in my website. http://www.topguccistore.com

seoi8
Comment posted September 1, 2010 @ 9:35 am

Thanks to all of them for making startups possible. And, most importantly ,So, there you have it. As fun as it has been to joke about http://www.uggbootsole.com I will never understand how he covers so much ground

jeffreyfrog
Comment posted September 9, 2010 @ 4:53 pm

There were twice as many outside as there were inside. I guess our non-event was twice the event that the chamber held. Given the two days we had to plan said non-event on a cold dreary day in Gloversville, NY I would say that the turnout was AWESOME!

wine bottle carriers

one tree hill season 8
Comment posted September 13, 2010 @ 10:00 pm

bridesmaid dresses
Comment posted January 25, 2011 @ 2:02 am

You must not want your wedding dresses to look like a mess

gloss white bedroom furniture
Trackback posted May 17, 2011 @ 3:37 pm

white bedroom furniture…

Sweet blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News. Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Cheers…

nordstrom evening dresses
Trackback posted May 17, 2011 @ 7:27 pm

nordstrom dresses…

Hi there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace group? There’s a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Thank you…

375363778
Comment posted May 24, 2011 @ 3:57 am

every stage. We know that most of the players to conquer tSubaru jerseys clothinghe Mount Etna pink jersey in here. If Contador this continues, it will be hard to beat him. “responsibility is on the shoulders of Contador now has two weeks to go. “He has a good cycling jerseysteam”, Nibali and told Processo Allah
while ensuring public safety officials and the consulting bmc team clothingteam, the Amgen Tour of California 2011, organizers announced that the current and expected weather conditions allow, on the first stage of the game started at 1:15 in the afternoon Pacific South Lake Tahoe in the original starting line. Race officials will continue to monitor and supervise bicycle jerseys men the process and all other conditions. If it is determined to be shimano cycling shortsunsafe to any continuation of the time, the game will be the collapse of the Califonria Amgen Tour organizers discount cycling bibsannounced this morning that they will be shortened from 191 scott cycling shortskm to about cannondale bike jerseys80 km first stage of the delay of several hours, and pushed to the stage after 1:15 pmcinelli usa on South Lake Tahoe seconds. They match the drivers, the risk of snow in the cold team cervelo clothingnight, under the conditions of security decisions based on the combination. AEG cinelli for saleSports president Andrew Massey company told Cyclingnews the morningsantini cycling jerseys wind chill grams is 10 degrees Fahrenheit, and “too cold, the players participate in the competition.” He santini cyclingalso noted that if the conditions had not improved at noon, the race will start on Monday at Squaw Valley, this csc cyclingis the colnago jerseysbeginning of the two original phases.

xuejiao wen
Comment posted May 26, 2011 @ 9:55 am

We have all been fond of office 2007 professional plus furniture haven’t we? With ms windows 7  designs available in all parts of Windows 7 Ultimate, Internet is one medium to choose the best Cheap Windows 7 at competitive prices and that too at a store near your Office 2010 Professional. Below http://hohosoftware.wordpress.com summarize some Microsoft Office 2010 to help you choose the best Office 2007 Enterprise for your corporate as well as office 2007 product key : Generally, while http://hohosoftware.blogspot.com are searching Office 2007 Key, we just type in our window 7  and start browsing the http://peaksoftwares.blogspot.com which appear in the Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise. But here is the Cheap Windows 7 : most of the searches we do without specifying a location with the purchase windows 7 , we end up wasting our time. Let http://peaksoftwares.wordpress.com take an example of windows 7 download . Now people go to Google and type “Windows 7 Ultimate ” and start browsing the Buy Windows 7 . They spend a lot of time finalizing Download Windows 7  but when they decide to contact the Win 7  for the price quotes and delivery time, they generally end up realizing that the Microsoft Windows 7  from which they had selected the Windows 7 , belongs to a different country and the buy microsoft office 2007 cannot export to a their Windows 7 Professional. The simple solution to Windows 7 Professional  would have been, assuming that the Buy Windows 7 buyer resides in India, to search for the keyword “Microsoft Windows 7 India” or “Windows 7 Home Premium  in India” instead of the keyword “Download Office 2010” because when the buyer searched for “buy office 2007”, sites from different countries showed up, microsoft office professional 2010 plus might have had good designs Office 2007 download were not available in window 7 but they were of no use. The purchase windows 7 advantage of using a location such as Office 2007 Ultimate, in case it suits the buyers, office professional 2007 plus can go and checkout their Office 2007 Key and maybe get a better design microsoft office downloads has recently become popular but is not ms office 2007 professional on the website.

Prom Dresses
Comment posted June 3, 2011 @ 4:57 am

Petite Bridesmaid Dresses
Dr. Rollins shared with me his philosophy on food (that I was eating too much, after a ‘come to Jesus’ fat baring office exam). Dr. Rollins shared that he ate only what he

killed, natural meat and game that he hunted and cooked at home.Chiffon Bridesmaid Dresses
“I use everything when I hunt an animal, nothing is wasted,Taffeta Bridesmaid Dresses
I will not buy or eat industrial meat.” Short Bridesmaid DressesHe also expressed his

appreciation for artists over medics, Tea-length Bridesmaid Dresses“I love talking to

artists, meeting creative people, doctors are boring for the most part!” he laughed.Knee-length

Bridesmaid Dresses
“I gravitated towards doing liposuction because I was good at it, and lipo is so hard to do well. Every surgery I learn something; my technique is aided by my size and strength,

it’s a very physical procedure.”Long Bridesmaid Dresses
“Traditional liposuction always made a person look like they were hit by a bus,One Shoulder

Bridesmaid Dresses
 but now with the tickle lipo procedure and lack of using general anesthesia, plus the laser that helps the skin to tighten up and remodel smoothly, Strapless Bridesmaid Dresses
people are back to work in a few days with minimal discomfort,” Dr. Rollins added.Halter Bridesmaid

Dresses
Dr. Rollins allowed me in the operating room of a live liposuction where a mother of two children, age 46, had been in two weeks prior having her abdomen done.V-neck Bridesmaid Dresses
She was a Mexican-American hairdresser all the way in from Banning,Mermaid Bridesmaid Dresses
California, and was extremely satisfied with the work done so far and the entire process, telling me there was absolutely no pain, just achiness similar to a thorough workout.

Sweetheart Bridesmaid Dresses
She was back to work on her feet all day Monday, having her flabby gut sucked out the previous Friday. She told me she never had a waist before, even at her thinnest, and was

now thrilled to be wearing dresses that nipped and belted at the waistline.Spaghetti Strap

Bridesmaid Dresses
Her build was common for a lot of women of Mexican descent,Scoop Bridesmaid Dresses
explained Dr. Rollins, heavy through the middle, and a lot of fat on the back and upper arms. “This is the most fibrous and tough fat to remove, the back fat,” Square Bridesmaid Dresses
he explained. Today I was going to watch this woman’s back fat be vacuumed out. There would be no anesthesia, no incisions, no stitches and no pain for the patient, as her

family sat in Sono Bello’s waiting room.Bateau Bridesmaid Dresses

BMW Used Cars
Trackback posted August 22, 2011 @ 11:28 am

auction…

Howdy! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an established blog. Is it tough to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I’m thinking about creating my own but I’m not sure where to begin…

3233679