Rep. Alan Grayson Does Alex Jones

Thursday, September 24, 2009 at 9:16 pm

Freshman Democrat Alan Grayson, a bit of an iconoclast who’s backing Rep. Ron Paul’s (R-Texas) “Audit the Fed” bill, appeared on the out-there Alex Jones show to talk up that and his investigations of contractor fraud — see TWI’s Spencer Ackerman for more on that. Jones is a boisterous conspiracy theorist whose fame and following have grown in the Web 2.0 era, as a quick scan of the material of his InfoWars site should make clear–the newest stories are about “world government” and a possible swine flu vaccine plot. This conversation is a fascinating merger of mainstream muckraking and wild fears of government abuse and fascism.

“That’s what I like,” says Jones to Grayson, “is that you’re non-partisan. You just expose the corruption.”

Categories & Tags: | | |

Comments

The Washington Independent » Rep. Alan Grayson Does Alex Jones : PlanetTalk.net - Learn the truth , no more lies
Pingback posted September 25, 2009 @ 12:22 am

[...] Read the original: The Washington Independent » Rep. Alan Grayson Does Alex Jones [...]

robparisblog
Comment posted September 25, 2009 @ 1:39 am

Why I don't believe a word Bernanke says:

James
Comment posted September 25, 2009 @ 2:41 am

End the fed. A privately owned bank shouldn't be issuing a nations currency.

joelthek
Comment posted September 25, 2009 @ 11:18 am

Hey Weigel, get a clue, the only one's who are “out there” are people dumb enough to trust mainstream media. We have been lied to enough. Alex Jones is a man who wants to see his children and our children grow up in a free country. He is a man, not some gelded facsimile thereof. Stop doing what Wall Street, Madison Ave. and a bunch of offshore bankers program you to do. Being dumb is not “in” anymore people. Wake up.

joelthek
Comment posted September 25, 2009 @ 12:13 pm

Than you for promoting freedom of speech.

TomDegan
Comment posted October 1, 2009 @ 12:00 pm

The lead singer for Spike Jones and his City Slickers was named Carl Grayson. Any relation I wonder?

But seriously folks….

While I sympathize with Mr. Grayson's anger, it always makes me a tad uneasy to see these donkeys behaving like elephants. Just a thought.

Tom Degan
Goshen, NY

andypratt
Comment posted October 3, 2009 @ 11:25 am

God bless everybody, including Alex Jones and Alan Grayson. Taxation without representation is tyranny. Beware the Military-Industrial Complex. The Grayson/Bernanke clip is great….

Andy Pratt, singer/songwriter/music legend

(itunes, myspace, youtube, wikipedia, amazon, rollingstone, allmusic,facebook, etc)

brendanm
Comment posted October 4, 2009 @ 7:11 pm

Have you ever read David Weigel endorsing “Wall Street, Madison Ave., and a bunch of offshore bankers” (international Jewry, I presume?) or their agenda? Condemning David Duke doesn't equal an endorsement of President Obama, and pointing out that Alex Jones is nutjob doesn't mean support for all of Jones' targets, real or imagined.

brendanm
Comment posted October 4, 2009 @ 7:12 pm

Do you realize how pathetic it is to describe yourself as a “legend?” Please tell me you are at least that self-aware.

andypratt
Comment posted October 4, 2009 @ 11:27 pm

Brendanm

I'm glad you are not my judge. You pick out one thing in all I wrote to diss me. I am considered a music legend by how many people I don't know, and anyway, how else am I going to get someone's attention?
Apply those standards to yourself and leave me alone, or, better yet, Google “Andy Pratt Singer-Songwriter”
Jesus forever
Andy Pratt

joelthek
Comment posted October 5, 2009 @ 12:01 pm

I did not say Weigel endorsed them. I said he does what he has been taught by them to do. It is subtle manipulation. World government has been the admitted goal of the CFR, Trilats, and Bilderbergers. Yet Weigel puts “world government” in quotes as if to brush it away as conspiracy theory. If you cannot see that the power elite is doing everything they can to bring in a one world government, then you have not studied the situation in any depth. Put aside emotion and pride and go look for yourself from an honest and unbiased perspective. The power elite play liberals off of conservatives, and Dems off of Repubs. They roll around on marble floors laughing, as left fights right with pride and emotion. Before you start typing at 100 wpm, in an emotional fury to prove you are right, please go to http://www.prisonplanet.com and spend some time researching what Alex Jones is investigating. And realize that Jones is neither left nor right. Dem or Repub. Is Jones perfect? Of course not.

mantis
Comment posted October 8, 2009 @ 9:22 pm

I am considered a music legend by how many people I don't know

I know how many. One. Andy Pratt.

brendanm
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 1:11 am

That you are a legitimate and relatively prominent musician makes it even worse. And if you want me to mock you for more than the “legend” thing, I'll reluctantly comply: praising a hateful bigot and paranoid lunatic like Alex Jones makes you look like a crazy fool, and I think your religion is irrational and silly. Are you happy now?

I wish you luck with your musical career, but I am serious when I tell you that I don't think going around and calling yourself a “legend,” at least not earnestly, serves you well. Listening to the mad and nonsensical ravings of Alex Jones, who thinks 9/11 was a CIA/NWO/Jew conspiracy, serves you even less well. Good luck.

brendanm
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 1:19 am

I know who and what Alex Jones is, and I know what you are. You're just some crazy asshole who thinks a cabal of global elites/Jewish bankers/lizard people runs the world and perpetrated 9/11 and will replace the dollar with the Amero and took “Arrested Development” off the air, etc.. Good for you. Thanks for doing nothing to make this country a better place and just pathetically indulging in paranoid fantasy. Grow up.

andypratt
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 2:25 am

Brendanm

I have never caught that Alex Jones is anti-Jewish. Bless the Jewish people and pray for Jerusalem. I realize that he is dramatic and full of himself, but the basic message he gives fits what I see happening in the world as well as any of them.
Perhaps you would be willing to tell me where you stand in the American political power struggle, who you support? And thanks for the respect you give me for my work in music (and writing, I wrote a book, a memoir, it's one of the web sites belovw) blessings forever
Andy

joelthek
Comment posted October 9, 2009 @ 4:02 am

A baseless and sophmoric response. Typical. And you suggest I grow up. Please. You actually resorted to profanity. That says it all for ya sport.

uberVU - social comments
Trackback posted October 28, 2009 @ 9:42 am

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by TWI_news: Rep. Alan Grayson Does Alex Jones http://bit.ly/KGq0U...

miu miu
Comment posted July 6, 2010 @ 9:42 am

louis vuitton bags
Comment posted July 6, 2010 @ 9:42 am

discount louis vuitton
Comment posted August 4, 2010 @ 5:45 am

alright, thank you for sharing this info!

Rep. Alan Grayson, star of the left
Pingback posted December 15, 2010 @ 5:24 am

[...] might end up paying a price for his willingness to be so outspoken, so freewheeling. Things like giving an interview to notorious conspiracy theorist and radio host Alex Jones, who’s a 9/11 Truther, are likely [...]

Rep. Alan Grayson, star of the left - Salon.com