The Mystery of Kenneth Gladney

Monday, September 21, 2009 at 12:04 pm

In a rote column about “liberals stifling dissent,” The Washington Examiner’s Michael Barone argues that “the two most violent incidents at this summer’s town hall meetings came when a union thug beat up a 65-year-old black conservative in Missouri and when a liberal protester bit off part of a man’s finger in California.” The “black conservative” is Kenneth Gladney, who claimed to have been assaulted by members of the Service Employees International Union at a health care town hall in St. Louis.

Curiously, however, there is no record of charges being filed against Gladney’s alleged attackers. And Gladney’s Website is down, with this message replacing the content.

Unfortunately, this site is no longer available due to nonpayment on the part of Kenneth’s attorney, David Brown. The site will resume normal operation once payment is received.

The site below the jump:

Picture 182

Comments

mantis
Comment posted September 21, 2009 @ 6:07 pm

Yeah, what happened with those arrests? The police had “more than a dozen pieces of video of the ruckus that led to six arrests”, yet no word of charges in the six weeks since. I've only seen the widely viewed video of at least part of the incident, and it certainly didn't support Gladney's story. Conservatives have constantly pointed to the incident as proof positive that “SEIU thugs” are destroying democracy through violence, yet no one has been charged?

sus
Comment posted September 21, 2009 @ 6:13 pm

The person who bit the finger did so after punched. The guy admitted to punching him. More than once I believe.

mantis
Comment posted September 21, 2009 @ 7:52 pm

Yeah, when someone punches me, has their hand on my face and a finger slips into my mouth, that person is losing a finger.

eclecticbrotha
Comment posted September 21, 2009 @ 8:58 pm

Its pretty cold-hearted of Gladney's lawyer to post that humiliating message on poor Kenneth's board. But hey, what's a lawyer to do?

Dolmance
Comment posted September 22, 2009 @ 5:01 am

I love the finger biter. I wish there were a million more just like him.

I'd do it myself, but my teeth aren't what they used to be. I can handle a bagel, I guess. And I can gnaw pretty effectively on a chicken bone. But biting through the digits of a big fat Republican and spitting them on the floor at their feet might be a little tough for me.

I need some assistance here. Won't you do it for me?

skylights
Comment posted September 22, 2009 @ 5:44 am

LOL, this guy is a total fraud. Go ahead, watch the whole video of his supposed beat down. It's more like a minor scuffle, and afterwards he's walking around, talking, just fine. Later, at a political rally, he appears in a wheelchair, supposedly incapable of speaking because he is heavily sedated with painkilling medication. This picture of someone kissing him on the head like he's Ghandi or something just kills me. Absolute fraud. No wonder this non-story didn't have any legs in the MSM, but of course the right wing blogs and FOX News pushed it hard, because lying comes to them as easily as breathing.

Jim Durbin
Comment posted October 2, 2009 @ 9:49 pm

Elston McCowan wrote his Green supporters that SEIU was picking up the tab for his criminal defense and that of three other SEIU members.

Their defense lawyer is Paul D'Agrosa, one of the top defense attorneys in St Louis, who is also representing several Democratic state senators who just got busted by the local FBI.

We're trying to find out why the police report hasn't been released, especially as there were two people assaulted that night – one on camera.

The story isn't over.

infojunkie
Comment posted March 26, 2010 @ 4:44 am

The police report is online: http://thedanashow.wordpress.com/2009/11/09/pol…

Its meaning may be up to interpretation, but you can't say it's not out there.