‘We Will Forcefully Resist People Forcing Their Will On Us’

Tuesday, August 18, 2009 at 10:35 am

The man carrying an AR-15 at yesterday’s presidential speech in Arizona participated in a video project by RP4409, a channel of Ron Paul fans from the far right; Ernest Hancock, who designed the “Ron Paul rEVOLution” logo, appears in the video, too. The man, identified as “Chris,” and identified elsewhere as “Chris B.,” gets into a series of arguments about how “all taxation is theft” and how it’s the duty of patriots to “forcefully resist people forcing their will on us.”

“If the burden of all this thievery gets too thick,” says Chris, “and you can’t make it anymore? If that’s what’s necessary, that’s what’s necessary.”

In an interview at the Freedom’s Phoenix web site, Hancock conducts a longer interview with Chris and other protesters carrying guns at the rally.

“I’m almost always armed,” says Chris. “Sometimes when I take a shower I leave it on the sink.”

Watch the video after the jump.

Here’s a photo of Chris B. being interviewed by RP4409, from a forum at ArizonaShooting.com.

chrisbinterview

You can follow TWI on Twitter and Facebook.

Comments

The Crossed Pond » Dear Oppositional Anti-Reform Protestors
Pingback posted August 18, 2009 @ 12:34 pm

[...] ye Republicans, Paulites, anti-socialists, or [...]

vwcat
Comment posted August 18, 2009 @ 3:19 pm

I am pretty certain he is a Ron Paul supporter.
Paul's supporters are pretty intense about the man and his thinking. And they are very much against all government including war.
Besides this guy simply does not come across as the tea baggers and birthers and various other right wing haters.

Ima Guest
Comment posted August 18, 2009 @ 3:38 pm

Right, because really, who doesn't shower with a firearm on the sink?

bruno11
Comment posted August 18, 2009 @ 4:04 pm

Exercise your rights or they will be taken away from you. This includes all of our rights.

chenlifeng0810
Comment posted August 18, 2009 @ 4:08 pm

Only One word to characterize such a great post “WOW” that was a very interesting read
a href=”http://www.victoriaclassic.com”>Links of London Jewellery

Everything dynamic and very positively!
a href=”http://www.victoriaclassic.com”>Links of London Jewellery

I think I will try to recommend this post to my friends and family, cuz it’s really helpful.
a href=”http://www.victoriaclassic.com”>Links of London Jewellery

Just wanted to say great job with the blog, today is my first visit here and I’ve enjoyed reading your posts so far
a href=”http://www.victoriaclassic.com”>Links of London Jewellery

Thanks for article. Everytime like to read you.
a href=”http://www.victoriaclassic.com”>Links of London Jewellery

Darryl Schmitz
Comment posted August 18, 2009 @ 4:47 pm

This is poor reporting. Ron Paul is a libertarian/constitutionist Republican. He tends to not get much support from his Republican Party colleagues because he does NOT vote on the hard right as they do. Paul respects the Constitution's limits on federal government power.
Just because there are individuals with like Chris who are expressing frustration over our bloated, anticonstitutional federal government is no reason to frame him in this sort of way. I'm fairly certain that if any of this article writer's valued cnstitutional rights were being violated (like the freedom of the press that allows him to write an inflammatory article without fear of government reprisal), he would probably be very, very angry too and the topic of his article would have been entirely different.

John
Comment posted August 18, 2009 @ 4:51 pm

lol

williamlambert
Comment posted August 18, 2009 @ 4:54 pm

The 2nd amendment says: “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” How is brandishing loaded weapons at political events intended to bring together citizens to discuss differences of opinion regarding government policy either “well regulated” or “necessary for the security of a free State”? I own guns and I don't ever recall thinking that it would be appropriate or necessary to carry a weapon to a public meeting and to display it to those who disagree with my opinions regarding politics and government policy. I've thought about it and I've come to the conclusion that the people brandishing weapons at these public assemblies think they are intimidating others. Is intimidation a right?

strangely_enough
Comment posted August 18, 2009 @ 5:14 pm

“Is intimidation a right[wing tactic]?”

PainfullyAware
Comment posted August 18, 2009 @ 5:33 pm

Things Are Not Well.

This is a “Symptom” of the “Greater Issue” of Disregard For Constitutional Limits On Federal Power.

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy

Notice the shift in Rhetoric out of DC – Domestic Terrorism and Militia Groups Are Now The Focus. Veterans and those who talk of the constitution are “Possible Extremists”. Once the label of “Terrorist” has been applied to you your rights are “Rescinded”. How similar to the 1940s Germany.

I suggest that more people research Amendment 10 Legislation – Not Necessarily as Secession, but more as “Restoring Limits On Federal Power To Constitutional Limits”. It is a valid option for “Bloodless Revolution”.

3star2nr
Comment posted August 18, 2009 @ 5:33 pm

He doesnt even believe in the democratic system. Hes no different from Al Qaeda.

He is saying that he is against someone who was democratically elected by the majority, because he doesnt support his position.

I was against George Bush but i would never advocate rising arms against the Federal government. Its more effective to just vote them out. we have a democratic system for exactly this purpose.

Comment posted August 18, 2009 @ 6:25 pm

Wow, that is very amazing. Good for that young man. Hes is right to be honest. The government needs to stop and think about what they are doing before they go in too deep. We aren't the greatest nation in the world for no reason. It took many of our forfathers standing up and declaring that this is the land of the free, not the home of the slaves.

republicanstupidity
Comment posted August 18, 2009 @ 6:27 pm

He is an idiot piece of shit!! carry a gun because he has a small penis and that somehow in his little bb brain makes him a man. Hey SFB any Enemy that includes domestic. What makes these clowns any different than al queida?? You don't scare me clown.

Seth
Comment posted August 18, 2009 @ 6:28 pm

Has anyone else noticed “Chris” is dressed like Michael Douglas' character in “Falling Down?!”

Matt
Comment posted August 18, 2009 @ 6:54 pm

Wow, the Paultards have realized that the unprecedented expansion of federal powers orchestrated by Shrub and co. works for people who they disagree? Truly shocking. Wait till they find out the domestic surveillance and indefinite detention they were stoked about a few years back work just as well on right-wingers as terrorists..

BZ
Comment posted August 18, 2009 @ 7:38 pm

You do realize that you're showing your ignorance by implying that Ron Paul supporters were ever in favor of expanded Federal powers., by Bush or anyone else. Ron Paul is the guy that voted AGAINST the PATRIOT Act 1 and 2, AGAINST the Iraq war and any encroachment on civil and Constitutional liberties. He's the guy trying to cut the banksters off at the knees with his attempts to audit and eventually end the Fed. Try learning who someone and his supporters are before dismissing them.

Matt
Comment posted August 18, 2009 @ 7:45 pm

There is a noticeable difference between Dr. Paul (the person) and his supporters – most of the current round of supporters probably didn't even know who he WAS when the Patriot Act was passed, and probably would have spit at him for “supporting terrorists”. Most every Paul supporter I've encountered online was of the “If you don't like America, git out!” camp back when most of the major expansions (Patriot Act, wiretapping, Gitmo, “illegal combatants”) and abuses took place.

gina_strahan
Comment posted August 18, 2009 @ 8:05 pm

At the time the constitution was written, the definition of regulated was “in proper working order” and the definition of militia was “the whole body of able-bodied male citizens declared by law as being subject to call to military service”. That the right to keep and bear arms is “necessary to the security of a free state” is simply a statement of purpose. People who speak of “legitimate hunting uses” for weapons should be re-educated on the real purpose of firearms, which is security.
I didn't see any intimidation. The only people I saw in a panic were in the media and they've not been known to portray gun owners in a positive light. Something like 65,000,000 gun owners have never hurt anyone with their guns, but you wouldn't know that if you listen to mainstream media.

gina_strahan
Comment posted August 18, 2009 @ 8:08 pm

Go to youtube or google video and watch Hacking Democracy. You won't feel so confident in our system of voting anymore

Man carrying assault weapon attends Obama protest - Gossip Rocks Forum
Pingback posted August 18, 2009 @ 10:21 pm

[...] paramilitary group," the New York Times reported at the time. Hancock, who in recent years designed the famous "Ron Paul rEVOLution" graphic, was an oft-quoted defender of the militia [...]

Joshua
Comment posted August 19, 2009 @ 2:48 am

Are you actually trying to defend your ignorant assertion?

How could you possibly know if any Ron Paul supporter you encounter now was pro Patriot Act 8 years ago? You aren't making any sense. You have absolutely no evidence, or reason to make such a ridiculous claim.

I've never met a Ron Paul supporter, who also supported the Patriot Act, and I was in the military from then to now. We've always been against Bush's expansionism.

You'd be hard pressed to find 1 Ron Paul supporter who used to be a neo-con. But you know what, if they were, and now they see the error in their ways, that's great!

You literally have nothing on Ron Paul or his supporters. We are against big government, we are against the military-industrial complex, so you are weaseling your way out of the argument by stating as fact that most Ron Paul supporters are liars and are actually for big government. You sir, are the liar.

Joshua
Comment posted August 19, 2009 @ 2:51 am

Where did he “advocate rising arms against the Federal government.”? Anywhere? Ever? Do you have any evidence of this? You are accusing him of sedition for supporting the second amendment. God forbid he speaks or writes anything negative about the president, he'd be a regular John Wilkes Booth!

Joshua
Comment posted August 19, 2009 @ 2:58 am

William, you are trolling, and that isn't cool.
1. The supreme court has recently ruled that the second amendment does apply to the individual's right to bear arms.

2. Everything you listed isn't the part of the Second Amendment that the individual applies to.
“The right of the PEOPLE to KEEP AND BEAR ARMS” is the section you should be looking at.

3. By your trolly logic. I should be able to argue the 1st amendment doesn't allow for freedom of religion because “How is speaking or publicly assembling intended to be considered 'relgious'?” I can just ignore one part of an amendment too. It's really ignorant, but easy to do. Here's another one, we don't have the right to be secure in our possesions because the 4th Amendment clearly reads “particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.” Oh man. I could do this all day. Completely ignore reality and pick random quotes to prove my points.

Larue
Comment posted August 19, 2009 @ 3:23 am

So, how do you Ron Paul folks feel about black people, gay marriage rights and abortion issues?

Are you seccessonist? Don't believe in paying taxes?

But still use our roads, fire, police, schools, and other GOVERNMENT sponsored programs? VA? Medicare for you or your parents?

Quite a conundrum to be so Libertarian and still take what the government offers. How you rationalize that?

rokdevil
Comment posted August 19, 2009 @ 4:27 am

I'm sorry, but you are just being an idiot. As small “l” libertarians we believe that people are BORN with rights, regardless of race, sex or any other collectivist labels.

Please try to remember that the Declaration of Independence spells out the valid reasons for people to re-create government. Since the States are merely territorial representations of groups of individuals it stands to reason that any individual or group not satisfied with the outcome of a relationship or agreement between individuals or groups should have the right to nullify the agreement for whatever reason or lack thereof.
Taxes, huh? If you took the total money that the government spent in 2000 it would be equal to all of the income of the 2007 government, MINUS income taxes. This means that the government could return to a 2000 budget and not “need” my labor for nearly 4 months each year. So yes, I guess I don't believe that taxes are either legal or moral.
GOVERNMENT sponsored programs, most of what you list are locally funded by property taxes. Medicare presents a problem because so many people payed into it expecting a return on their output. Dr. Paul's solution is to give young people the option of opting out but to continue to support those people who are dependent on it.
I would assume that he fully supports the federal government taking care of Veterans.
In closing, although I can not speak for other libertarians, I believe that we need exactly the government that the Constitution spells out. Nothing more.

Jack
Comment posted August 19, 2009 @ 8:27 am

libertarians aren't “far right”.

No more right/left political paradigm.

It's libertarian/authoritarian.

starchild
Comment posted August 19, 2009 @ 12:15 pm

Way to go Ernest Hancock and Arizona libertarians! Thank you for standing up for the right to keep and bear arms, and showing people that peaceful, ordinary citizens can carry guns at a political rally, and it's simply not a big deal, but part of living in a free country.

In a police state, only the police have guns — and that's not the kind of place I want to live.

Bruce Ericson
Comment posted August 19, 2009 @ 4:51 pm

So… you're saying that money should be taken by force from me, sent to Washington where federal gov. middlemen take a cut, sent back to the states where state gov. middlemen take a cut, used to build roads, and then i shouldn't drive on those roads? You defend the thieves and extortionists at the expense of the overtaxed. Amazing how some people hate big business, hate big wealth, but love big government.

Name
Comment posted August 20, 2009 @ 3:50 am

I understand that Chris B is making a political statement… let's be honest… that type of firearm is an offensive weapon. And I appreciate him calling the police in advance and letting them know he would be there with his rifle. But in this monkey-see, monkey-doo (i know, bad word choice, but i don't mean it like that) world we live in, it's troubling to me to see guns at political rallies.

My only question for this young man is the following: If a teabagger next to him drew a gun and started shooting Obama supporters, what would he do? Would he take the guy down?

dprwdr
Comment posted August 20, 2009 @ 5:16 am

Not home of the slaves? Really? No, you didn't!

Could you explain these parts of the constitution for me:

“Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons.” Art 1, sec 2, para 3.
Who are the “3/5s of all other Persons” as distinct from “free Persons”?

“The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person.” Art 1, sec 9, para 1.
Who is being Imported and taxed like a commodity?

[Oh, if they only had a brain!]

Swami_Binkinanda
Comment posted August 20, 2009 @ 7:56 am

Pretty damn flimsy attempt to spin here. this kook was obviously trying to intimidate people at a public meeting and making an implied threat against the US Government. this kind of business hasn't ended well in the past.

Swami_Binkinanda
Comment posted August 20, 2009 @ 8:01 am

You have no proof of any of this nor any support for your definition of “regulated”. If you don't see the intimidation implied by this armed man you have some pretty severe myopia. I believe the right to keep and bear arms doesn't include showing up armed at public meetings. I don't wave my guns around like that, and I don't think responsible gun owners do so either. Johnny Cash sang “don't bring your guns to town son” and he was right-it's inappropriate, foolish, and frequently ends badly. It wasn't appropriate then and it isn't appropriate now. Especially these guys, who are linked to the Viper Militia, most of whom convicted for hinky behavior.

gina_strahan
Comment posted August 20, 2009 @ 9:30 am

From dictionary.com: Regulate “To put or maintain in order”. I have looked this up in a 200 year old dictionary as well, the exact words in that were “in proper working order”. Have you ever seen Regulated on a clock?
The definition of militia is still as stated above in the current dictionary.
Who was waving a gun around anyway? I certainly missed that. I won't argue wether they should or shouldn't have brought weapons, neither of us will change our minds anyway. I will say they have a legal right to do so in the sovereign states in which they live. Nothing else matters.

donalddefreeze
Comment posted August 21, 2009 @ 12:48 am

Oh goody– Paultards on parade!

donalddefreeze
Comment posted August 21, 2009 @ 12:52 am

No, we just hate malignant narcissists who want all of the benefits of living in a civilized society but are too selfish and greedy to do their part to maintain it.

alexsotired
Comment posted August 21, 2009 @ 2:04 am

I am sure you can find people who supported Obama who were idiots too.

Sadly, reporting like this is common. Take one guy who did some stupid thing, find something else he supported and then attribute his foolishness to everyone else who also supported that thing.

It is just as idiotic to assume that all Ron Paul supporters ______ (fill in the blank) as to assume that all __________ (fill in the blank with any group: white, black, Obama supporters, vanilla ice cream eaters, etc.) do whatever stupid thing you feel like attributing to them.

I support Ron Paul because I like his views that stem from Austrian Economics. I support the Second Amendment. I am against government taking my money to create a health care program. I also think that what Ernest Hancock and his friend did was incredibly stupid.

If the government would get out of health insurance in the first place, the free market could work and costs would drop dramatically. Sadly, most don't know how much power the insurers buy from the government to fleece the public. The reason the system is so broken is because of government power, increasing that power will not fix that.

Repeal all the laws that the insurers have used the government to obtain and you would be shocked at how much more efficient and cheap things would be.

Sigh.

Comment posted August 21, 2009 @ 2:11 am

Not able to determine what this is…what context is this in? You can't just link a few things and not explain yourself you idiot! This isn't the home of the slaves anymore, there was a comprimise amongst the north and south many moons ago.

Why don't you tell me what your problem is?

Comment posted August 21, 2009 @ 2:19 am

Why don't you tell me what your problem is?

Comment posted August 21, 2009 @ 2:55 am

Why don't you tell me what your problem is?

Comment posted August 21, 2009 @ 3:09 am

Why don't you tell me what your problem is?

Activist Who Staged Gun Interview At Obama Event Was Prominent Defender Of ’90s Militia | Ethiopian News
Pingback posted August 21, 2009 @ 5:12 pm

[...] who in recent years designed the famous "Ron Paul rEVOLution" graphic, was an oft-quoted defender of the militia members. The [...]

Sergio
Comment posted August 22, 2009 @ 4:11 am

“If the government would get out of health insurance in the first place, the free market could work and costs would drop dramatically.”

Yeah, because that has worked so well thus far…my healthcare costs were pennies before Obama took office!

Sergio
Comment posted August 22, 2009 @ 4:26 am

nah, he'd probably just run and look out for himself…which is what too many people are doing these days anyway…

Sergio
Comment posted August 22, 2009 @ 4:27 am

I wish I lived in YOUR country…that system sounds pretty sweet!

vincent_brian
Comment posted August 25, 2009 @ 7:27 am

“Oh goody– Paultards on parade!”

“What a bunch of delusional gun-fetishist clowns….thankfully they will never do anything about it but fantasize and talk big.”

Gosh, who's talking like a ***tard…? I listened to the whole interview with Chris, and he sounded like one of the sanest, calmest individuals I've heard on Tell-Lie-Vision in a long time… not one instance of “talking big” that I can recall.

“I wonder if Mr. RKBA has any idea that he was always squarely in the cross-hairs of a USSS sniper's scope the whole time he was strutting around with his toy shooting his fool mouth off?”

I wonder if you realize that his being there was purely symbolic? Geez, he and Hancock set up the whole thing with the police beforehand, or did you conveniently forget that part of the interview? (if you even really watched it)

“BTW — Anyone looked into the connections between the convicted Viper Militia domestic terrorists and Ernest Hancock? Quite interesting…”

BTW – Anyone ever looked up Operation Northwoods?

vincent_brian
Comment posted August 25, 2009 @ 7:46 am

There is a huge difference between carrying out physical bondage and monetary bondage, but the results are not good any way you slice it.

Before the civil war, a minority of the people were held in physical bondage but were worked like animals. After the civil war and the 14th amendment, the black slaves were granted physical freedom, but with the stipulation that they become “United States Citizens” rather than citizens of a particular state.

White men (who had largely enjoyed unfettered freedom as citizens of the various states) were then also tricked into accepting this new “US Citizen” status by accepting benefits directly from the federal government (use of postal service, voter registration, etc.), which carried with them implied or expressed terms of acceptance of this new citizenship status.

In doing this, the expanding federal government could now stealthily raise much more in taxes and exert much more influence over the populace than it could by continuing the increasingly unpopular practice of physical bondage based on skin color. In other words, it could slowly turn us all into slaves.

Comment posted August 25, 2009 @ 11:19 pm

I firmly agree. Never thought of it that way. I am a huge states rights fan and believe central control is not the way to go. It has been proven to be disasterous. So why have we the “sheep” allowed the shepard (politicians) to increase the size of the federal government? Are the masses dumb and just dont know any better? I don't think so, i think it is because we gave them control of our school system and they don't teach these sorts of things to kids.

I do believe there is ground swell of people learning the truth and finally relizing the US constitution didn't give any powers to the federal government. For our future's sake, i hope more wake up.

vincent_brian
Comment posted August 26, 2009 @ 12:38 am

Hey, you're quite welcome.

“So why have we the “sheep” allowed the shepard (politicians) to increase the size of the federal government?”

In a nutshell… because the federal government first took over public schools – and then eventually the media – to promote a version of history that would help consolidate their power. Think about this… how many good people do you know who attended public schools (including universities) and watch mainstream Tell-Lie-Vision that actually look beyond the textbook depictions of “states' rights” or “Lincoln freed the slaves”? Here's a website that does a great job of explaining these issues:

Comment posted August 26, 2009 @ 1:43 am

Comment posted August 26, 2009 @ 11:07 am

Comment posted August 26, 2009 @ 11:22 am

Comment posted August 26, 2009 @ 11:40 am

Comment posted August 26, 2009 @ 12:16 pm

donalddefreeze
Comment posted August 26, 2009 @ 6:48 pm

Should we assume by your changing of the subject you have no problem with Hancock's connection to convicted domestic terrorists?

And the only symbolic thing about this twit and his mechanical penissubstitute was more proof to the normal citizenry that the Paultards/Militidiots/Soverign Citizen/ Posse Comitatus/John Birchers are still out of their collective tree and have no business possessing a plastic spork let alone firearms of any sort.

Once a fool, always a fool. No matter what new name you rally under.

vincent_brian
Comment posted August 26, 2009 @ 10:56 pm

What do you mean “changing of the subject”? I have no problem WHATSOEVER with Ernest Hancock having been set up like so many people have when they speak to power. Luckily, false flag operations just don't work like they used to anymore.

donalddefreeze
Comment posted August 26, 2009 @ 11:37 pm

“Set up”….

How funny.

But of course; how silly of me to think these fine patriotic Amerikkkans were anything but purer than the driven snow.

Now run along to the militidiot meeting so you can discuss the latest conspiracy by that Kenyan sleeper cell Manchurian Frenchman secret mooslim Barack HOO–SAIN Obama to subjugate all yew gawd fearin' 'Muricans to gay abortions and mandatory vaccinations after sapping and impurifying all of your precious bodily fluids with fluoridation (which everyone knows is a Communist plot).

I called it right the first time: delusional clowns.

Nothing to see here.

vincent_brian
Comment posted August 27, 2009 @ 2:54 am

Look, like I said my objective here is not to persuade you to change your views, but rather to show others which is the sane side of this discussion. It's my gut feeling that you will keep going with the name calling and hyperbole rather than discuss things rationally, thus lending more credence to those whom you love to call “Paultards” and “Amerikkkans” and “'Muricans” (many of whom are my friends who are also black, Mexican, gay/lesbian, Asian, etc… so keep it coming).

The facts about the damage caused by fluoride and vaccinations, and the truth about controlled opposition and the Hegelian dialectic and false flag operations and any number of other “Communist plots” or “conspiracy theories” are out there for you to find for yourself if you wish. I know some of them seem scary, and that it's easier to just call people names than face up to them. It's your choice… but you're the one who is digging a hole for yourself in this thread, not me.

donalddefreeze
Comment posted August 27, 2009 @ 4:17 am

No, I'm just having a little fun at your expense.

Thanks for helping out so willingly. :-)

Ron Paul – not the “right” choice for president | Political Ponderings
Pingback posted April 27, 2011 @ 2:20 am

[...] test, particularly when their campaign contributions are accepted and divestment refused, when members of extremist groups are connected in tangible ways to his campaigns, and when his associates are [...]