Sister Christian, Oh, Your Time Has Come

Wednesday, January 07, 2009 at 8:38 am

Via Wonkette, which is going to war against a PUMA (the “Party Unity My Ass” anti-Obama “Democrats”) blog, I see that Harriet Christian wants to be appointed to Hillary Rodham Clinton’s Senate seat in New York. More to the point, she wants to bash Caroline Kennedy. Hey, who doesn’t these days?

I am definitely closer, I would think, to the people of New York, than Caroline Kennedy could ever presume to be. So why shouldn’t I give it a shot, when I am THE ordinary Democratic citizen of New York State?

“Wait,” you say, “I don’t know who Harriet Christian is!”

I think you do.

But is that really evidence that she’s not an “ordinary Democratic citizen”? Well, yes. That and her participation in a Pennsylvania “Democrats for McCain” bus tour.

It’s easy to laugh at the PUMAs, but bear in mind — for a couple of months, these people could get booked on Fox News by snapping their fingers. They had meetings with Sen. John McCain’s campaign, and even with the candidate himself, based on the campaign’s mistaken assumption that the group represented more than a handful of bitter oddballs — and that there was a pro-Hillary, anti-Obama groundswell out there for the taking.

Comments

The Washington Independent » Sister Christian, Oh, Your Time Has Come « Christian Quill
Pingback posted January 7, 2009 @ 12:03 pm

[...] See original here:  The Washington Independent » Sister Christian, Oh, Your Time Has Come [...]

Mainer
Comment posted January 8, 2009 @ 9:37 am

Don't forget Kristen Breitweiser, who said that Obama should drop out when Clinton went ahead after Super Tuesday (but didn't give the same advice to Clinton when Obama did so and went on to win over 10 contests in a row) and who then (here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristen-breitweis…) warned that Obama was sure to lose the general election – and now has no compunctions in continuing to give bad advice about Panetta and plenty of other subjects.

Derek
Comment posted January 8, 2009 @ 11:52 am

I found so strange and surreal just how much power these people wielded in influencing the conservative media and the Mccain campaign, relative to their real strength. I mean honestly, if there was no perceived hillary-obama controversy, do you think Palin would have gotten the pick? Or do you think the Mccain camp would have doubled down on PA and try to follow in the Hillary campaign's footsteps?

But obviously, the PUMAS was nothing more than a few blogs and a few fake democrats getting top billing on Fox News.

whodattabe
Comment posted January 8, 2009 @ 12:53 pm

It's behavior like this that inspires people to believe that women are indeed inferior to men. I don't agree, but it certainly makes the case for sexists and bigots

carsick
Comment posted January 8, 2009 @ 12:54 pm

And if that doesn't work out she's got plans to become a war correspondent interested in how the average Hillary supporting Israeli soldier experiences their day. And there's talk of a book deal and a possible recording contract.

dkan71
Comment posted January 8, 2009 @ 1:06 pm

Is she running on the ticket with JTP? Girlfriend is hilarious!

Big T
Comment posted January 8, 2009 @ 1:56 pm

Crybabies and white supremicists, mainly.

Tony Gerard
Comment posted January 8, 2009 @ 3:06 pm

After the Democratic primaries were over, it amazed me how many liberals, including members of my family who are veterans of the Civil Rights Movement, harbored double-reverse racism, insisting that Obama could not win because he was Black. Also, I am not aware of any PUMA who has gone public with an apology or at least a reappraisal of Obama and his electability. If Harriet Christian herself isn't seriously embarrassed by her “inadequate Black man” remark, it seems to me that some of her PUMA colleagues would be eager to repudiate it and her.

PUMAs Keep On Trucking - Clinton, Hillary (D, NY) | Hillary Clinton - Sharpy News
Pingback posted January 8, 2009 @ 3:30 pm

[...] Christian angles for Hillary Clinton’s senate seat. You remember her, [...]

Mainer
Comment posted January 8, 2009 @ 5:37 pm

Derek
Comment posted January 8, 2009 @ 7:52 pm

whodattabe
Comment posted January 8, 2009 @ 8:53 pm

carsick
Comment posted January 8, 2009 @ 8:54 pm

dkan71
Comment posted January 8, 2009 @ 9:06 pm

Is she running on the ticket with JTP? Girlfriend is hilarious!

Big T
Comment posted January 8, 2009 @ 9:56 pm

Crybabies and white supremicists, mainly.

Tony Gerard