Failing Upward Redux: Steve Hayes Joins CNN

Monday, November 03, 2008 at 2:50 pm

Ah, the wages of meritocracy and media professionalism.

Well-known fake reporter Stephen F. Hayes, author of a ceaseless parade of Saddam Hussein/Al Qaeda falsehoods, is now a member of CNN’s “Best Political Team on Television.” You’d think CNN wouldn’t want to hire people whose resumes prove them to be either liars or incompetents. And you’d also think that a nation on the verge of electing the first African-American president and huge Democratic congressional majorities wouldn’t exactly be clamoring for more right-wingers on their TV news.

This is all via Matt Yglesias. In Hayes’s defense, however, he has admirably chronicled his struggles with his weight:

THE KHAKI PANTS at Harold’s clothiers were a steal at $20. That they had been marked down from $100 made them irresistible, even though the 38-inch waist was two inches bigger than I was wearing at the time.

“My Fat Pants,” I explained to my wife, who knows well my Oprah-like fluctuations.

Steve, we don’t care about how you look. We just want you to stop lying so much.

Follow Spencer Ackerman on Twitter

Comments

JosephP
Comment posted November 3, 2008 @ 2:23 pm

Steven F. Hayes has never been a truth teller. Heck, he's probably even lying about the pants—they're probably 42-inch waist and fit tightly.

PoliTrix » Blog Archive » Saddam-Qaeda Conspiracy Theorist Surfaces Writing Iraq Reports For The Pentagon
Pingback posted January 29, 2009 @ 7:05 pm

[...] It’s a truism that neoconservatives have a talent for failing upward: for repeatedly getting important things wrong and not seeing their careers suffer – for, in fact, being handed new opportunities to pursue their work (see, e.g., Kristol, Bill; and Hayes, Stephen). [...]

Saddam-Qaeda Conspiracy Theorist Surfaces Writing Iraq Reports For The Pentagon « Muslim in Suffer
Pingback posted January 31, 2009 @ 2:59 am

January 31, 2009 « Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Pingback posted January 31, 2009 @ 7:48 pm

indian smartphones
Comment posted April 2, 2009 @ 1:47 am

I dunno why you are talking about a fake reporter here..Lets us something useful info instead of him..
UFO Pants

Ja
Comment posted April 29, 2009 @ 8:06 pm

I get sick when I see you on CNN, you are an idiot !!!!!!!!!!!!, it is so obvious that you will always be opposite of anyone's opinon it don't matter the subject, get another job, you suck on CNN !!!!!!!!!

knick
Comment posted June 11, 2009 @ 8:59 pm

Yes, CNN is adding official Dick Cheney Fluffer, Stephen Hayes, to their Best Political Team on Television. I am just shocked seeing this news, what really happened to the CNN crew? Are they willingly pulling false advertisement? Cannabis seeds

Marijuana indoor seeds
Comment posted June 16, 2009 @ 6:10 am

Yes, CNN is adding official Dick Cheney Fluffer, Stephen Hayes, to their Best Political Team on Television. I am just shocked seeing this news, what really happened to the CNN crew? Are they willingly pulling false advertisement? Marijuana indoor seeds

tips
Trackback posted January 11, 2011 @ 10:23 pm

Life goes on…

In three words I can explain everything I have learned about life: It goes on….