McCain Hired Robocall Firm That Smeared Him in 2000

Friday, October 17, 2008 at 7:10 pm

There is nothing, at this point, that will surprise me about the McCain campaign.

Apparently, Sen. John McCain hired the same firm that carried out a vicious robocall campaign against him in South Carolina in 2000 to carry out a vicious robocall campaign against Sen. Barack Obama in 2008. From The Huffington Post:

On Friday, a recipient of one of those calls, Chris Schoff of Minnesota, said that he had tied the origins of the campaign to the St. Paul-based firm FLS-Connect, run by prominent GOP figure Jeff Larson.

This past week, Schoff, a Minnesota Democratic county commissioner, received the Hollywood call while at work. Because state law dictates that any such calls be made by an actual human, Schoff demanded that he be connected to the supervisor. That official, who worked at the robocall shop King TeleServices in Brooklyn, N.Y., said that they had been contracted out by FLS-Connect.

Officials with King TeleServices did not respond to messages seeking comment.

Asked about the connection to King TeleServices, a receptionist for FLS relayed a message from her supervisors that implicitly acknowledged that they have been working on behalf of the Arizona Republican: “If it is having to do with the McCain campaign or the RNC, you will have to direct your question to them.”

So, who exactly is FLS-Connect?

Also from Huffington Post:

Any tie between the McCain campaign and FLS represents an ironic twist of fate and a reflection of just how far the Arizona Republican has moved politically in the last eight years. During the 2000 election, FLS and Larson helped then-presidential candidate George W. Bush smear McCain during the now-infamous South Carolina primary. As the Washington Post reported in April 30, 2000:

“The advocacy calls for George W. Bush’s campaign that became an issue in this year’s South Carolina GOP primary were developed by Feather, Hodges, Larson & Synhorst [FLS]. The firm maintains seven phone banks and 500 phones scattered from Phoenix to Minnesota. South Carolina, home of the Bush blitz, is one of the firm’s “best” phone centers, said partner Jeff Larson. “Military wives from all over the country make calls for us there.” “Phones are great,” he said, “because you can change your message right away.” With better voter lists and a new trend toward recorded messages, today’s political calls are “narrowcast”–antiabortion activists will hear one script, voters in one small area will hear directly from a local pol. “It’s a blossoming business.”

This is the very same firm responsible for the activities that McCain roundly denounced in 2000, saying he would never “want to look back and say, ‘I ran that kind of campaign.’”

Well, McCain hired them. To do the same thing to his opponent.

Categories & Tags: Elections 2008| McCain| Obama| Politics|

Comments

bacalove
Comment posted October 18, 2008 @ 4:58 am

Sarah Palin's recent comments to a crowd about “Pro-American parts of the country” is confirmation that the Republican Party has always been adept and evily clever at pitting one segment of America society against the other in a “divide and conquer” rule. They are the party of Division! I am so glad they are being found out!

However it was a Wise and Judicious Barack Obama in 2004 who spoke these Uniting words in regards to America's oneness and what we can be:

“Even as we speak, there are those who are preparing to divide us, the spin masters and negative ad peddlers who embrace the politics of anything goes. Well, I say to them tonight, there's not a liberal America and a conservative America; there's the United States of America. There's not a black America and white America and Latino America and Asian America; there's the United States of America. The pundits, the pundits like to slice and dice our country into red states and blue States: red states for Republicans, blue States for Democrats. But I've got news for them, too. We worship an awesome God in the blue states, and we don't like federal agents poking around our libraries in the red states. We coach little league in the blue states and, yes, we've got some gay friends in the red states.” –Obama, 2004.

It should be a crime against the American Public and a Betrayal of the Public Trust for McCain and Republicans to be able to get away with obvious lies and distortions by false and misleading Robocalls which try to link an 8 year old Barack Obama with acts committed by Ayers over 30 years ago. It is down right dishonest, dishonorable and misleading. There should be laws against this type of unethical behavior to knowing lie and mislead for gain. This is like one lying on their Resume when applying for a job. It is moraly wrong and unethical!

As for Joe the Plumber who lied to Barack when he falsely said, “I'm getting ready to buy a company that makes $250,000 to $280,000 a year,” “Your new tax plan is going to tax me more, isn't it?” when it has been reported that Joe makes $45,000 a year and owes back taxes! This is the very middle-class person Barack Obama's tax plan would help! And Joe the Plumber belies the fact that if one has $250,000.00 dollars to invest in a business, and because he has to pay his fair share of taxes, he is unable to Purchase that business, he is just plain greedy because middle-class people deserve a break especially now after 8 years of paying more than their fair share while the rich got away scott free and devastated the economy to boot!

roschelle
Comment posted October 18, 2008 @ 7:17 am

It's sad that the candidate who claims he's putting “country first” would stoop so low in an order to solicit votes. Hopefully, the American public will see through this….and realize “country first” is the last thing on Senator McCain's mind!

bacalove
Comment posted October 18, 2008 @ 11:58 am

roschelle
Comment posted October 18, 2008 @ 2:17 pm

Wooden hammock stand
Trackback posted October 23, 2010 @ 4:05 pm

Hello there, I should say it really is a clever write-up. I’ll certainly be searching in on this blog again quickly….

Burberry shoes
Trackback posted October 29, 2010 @ 1:42 am

GHQ 1 of the top websites for relevant data on this niche ! -UJ….

fondue pot
Trackback posted November 2, 2010 @ 11:22 pm

Curious to see what all you intellectuals need to say about this……….

dive watches
Trackback posted November 3, 2010 @ 5:38 am

ELQ i absolutely like your world-wide-web web site. Its very informative. Goodbye! -IM….

Levi strauss jeans
Trackback posted November 4, 2010 @ 5:33 am

ZFJ Yes! I agree what you say! -RW….

Coach sale
Trackback posted November 5, 2010 @ 3:08 pm

How’s it proceeding? I liked reading this write-up. My husband and I have been looking for this type of posting with the longest time and We know that your details on the problem at hand is spot on. I will be sure to introduce this write-up to my neice…

Gucci shoes
Trackback posted November 6, 2010 @ 10:55 am

Me and my friend have been arguing about an problem comparable to this! Now I realize that I was proper. lol! Thanks with the info you publish….

Coach purses
Trackback posted November 6, 2010 @ 11:31 pm

Funny, I had been discussing this thing with my older sister the other day, now I’ll have one particular much more argument in my hand when it’ll arrive to confrontation once once again….

Gucci handbags
Trackback posted November 9, 2010 @ 3:51 am

WLP Ok. I believe you’re right! -OX….

Gucci purses
Trackback posted November 11, 2010 @ 4:17 pm

Sweet publish….

Moncler jackets
Trackback posted November 13, 2010 @ 4:57 am

Extremely inspiring post, Thanks !?!…

Tiffanys
Trackback posted December 1, 2010 @ 6:26 am

This article may possibly be described on Twitter by somebody. definitely?…

Chanel bags
Trackback posted December 3, 2010 @ 9:28 am

One more new write-up with strong points, I’ve been a lurker right here for any short time but hope being very much more engaged in the long term….

Moncler jackets
Trackback posted December 4, 2010 @ 12:00 am

As usual this was a thoughtful write-up these days. You make me want to maintain coming back and forwarding it my followers…….

Designer handbags
Trackback posted December 5, 2010 @ 11:49 am

This website is good. How did you appear up witht he thought?…

Gucci outlet
Trackback posted December 5, 2010 @ 11:42 pm

Thanks! it’s useful to me!…

Coach handbags
Trackback posted December 16, 2010 @ 11:18 pm

Cheers for this content, guys, preserve up the excellent perform….

Moncler jackets
Trackback posted December 26, 2010 @ 3:48 am

This really is definitely good news. Thank you for sharing it with us!…

Chanel shoes
Trackback posted December 31, 2010 @ 7:33 am

I saw this truly excellent post these days!…

Chloe Bag
Trackback posted January 2, 2011 @ 1:36 am

I admire the important information you provide within your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and have my kids check up below often. I am really sure they’ll learn lots of new stuff here than anybody else!…

Gucci Watches For Women
Trackback posted January 3, 2011 @ 12:35 pm

First issue , A big thanks for you to open my eyes….

Cheap GHD Hair Straighteners
Trackback posted January 5, 2011 @ 3:29 am

This write-up may be pointed out on Twitter by somebody. truly?…

GHD Hair Straightener
Trackback posted January 5, 2011 @ 3:39 pm

Me and my friend were arguing about an matter comparable to this! Now I know that I had been correct. lol! Thanks for that information you submit….

Cheap GHD Hair Straightener
Trackback posted January 19, 2011 @ 1:07 pm

Intimately, the publish is genuinely the most beneficial on this precious subject. I concur along with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward in your coming updates!…